Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Though I'd doubt that anyone else here is from Saint John, NB, Canada, but if there are any on here that are interested in a 3DS XL or 3DS, the Gamestop in the mall literally has 50+ 3DS XL's alone that are SW12 or lower, most of which are SW10, so there's a sure bet that whatever colour you want is there with the right firmware. Also, there's a 2.1.0 3DS at Beats 'n Bytes right now, I even wrote its firmware on the tag for anyone interested while I was there. Anyway, good luck to anyone looking for them from around here.

Neat Little Lass

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, new member just reading through the site and the tips on how to get the proper firmware. I love amazon and while I know that that isn't the best place for old hardware, their return policy is stellar so I figured I'd give it a shot. This is amazon.ca for those in Canada or who can get things shipped from Canada. I bought a 3DS XL here http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B008GEH8LQ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It says on the posting that it's 2012. There's no additional info but since the supplier is "Wulf Electronics" (fulfilled by amazon) it was worth a shot. I know that the posting saying it's 2012 could just be when the system itself was released but as I say, worth the roll of the dice. Received it today. The box had one sticker on one end, two on the other and was marked as 2012 on the back. Upon opening it had a serial number of sw1085xxxx. Once booted the firmware was 4.2. Super happy about this! As of this posting, the item in the link above has three units left in stock. Can't guarantee that you will have the same experience but it seems like a good bet.

SolidMario7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Serial: SW10729XXXX
- FW: 4.2.0-9
- Copyright: 2012 BOX/2011 SYSTEM
- Color: BLUE/BLACK
- Model: 3DS XL

I'm so glad I got one now; their getting harder to come by. I tried walmat, gamestop and target none of them had <SW12 in view. My sears keeps all 3ds' in the back so I had to ask. So might as well ask nicely for the serial. They come through. :yaynds:

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
any idea which firmware 3ds xl preindtalled with Mario 3d land or Mario kart 7 come with?

The Mario Kart one comes with 4.5. I know because I just got one last week. :)
But you should still check the serial number to make sure it's in the proper range to be guaranteed as a 4.5 unit.

I've bought 2 of the Mario Kart 7 preloaded bundle, and they were both on 4.2 when I opened the box. Updated them to 4.5 with my DKCR cart.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*ahem* from ebay prices 4.5 3ds goes for 250+ pretty cheap would be a maybe around 200 or 180 to me thats fair and he wants sell soon.

Those are the ones that are not selling (those Buy It Now auctions have been there for months.) They usually go for less than $200 USD in normal auction settings. I got one from there for $170 USD a few months ago.

Myski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
4.2.0-9E PAL (EU) XL Pokemon edition here.

Bought from local gamestop summer sale last year, when all of the more civilized world had gone out of stock of that pokeyman limited edition months ago. Some advances of living in a really remote small town at the time.

E: Sorry, thought this was a thread for the FAQ sheet, I don't have any tips where to find one <4.5fw any more.

Podge

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
- Colour: Silver and black
- Serial: SUH1007XXXX X
- Firmware: 4.2.0-9E
- Copyright: 2012

Picked up one yesterday with minimal effort. Told the staff member I was interested in buying a 3DS XL, but needed "quite a specific one". Asked if I could see the boxes before I bought one and they were happy to help. First one I picked up was the one!

AshCakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK if you guys could please help me out today is my B-day and I really want a Pink/White 3ds XL on v4.5
I have been looking at the serial numbers after reading a lot of comments on this thread and I found one that has
A Serial number SW 127457
Just wondering if anybody can confirm that this would be a v4.5 before I buy it
Pretty please help me :bow:

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK if you guys could please help me out today is my B-day and I really want a Pink/White 3ds XL on v4.5
I have been looking at the serial numbers after reading a lot of comments on this thread and I found one that has
A Serial number SW 127457
Just wondering if anybody can confirm that this would be a v4.5 before I buy it
Pretty please help me :bow:
According to the wiki (http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_ha...the_System_version_before_buying_a_new_3DS.3F), it should be OK. However, it cannot be guaranteed. You will only know for certain once you open it and turn it on.

By the way, happy birthday! :toot:

Reactions: AshCakes

Hellrespawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
- Colour: Grey/Black
- Serial: SEH1116XXXX X
- Firmware: 4.4.0-10E

I found out he runs i2buy.nl, but he doesn't specifically offer 4.1-4.5's on there.

Rast

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
- Colour: Red/Black
- Serial: SW1238XXXX X
- Firmware: 4.4.0-10U

I've bought 2 3DS XL (one for my friend) and both of them had a serial starting on SW1238 and both had a firmware of 4.4.0-10U

Jkipper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to Gamestop this afternoon, and I got the first one is
- Colour: Blue and Black
- Serial: SW1335XXXX X
- Firmware: 6.1.0-12U

So I changed it.
The NEW one is
- Colour: Red and Black
- Serial: SW1229XXXX X
- Firmware: 4.4.0-10U

I hope this information is helpful.:mellow:

Xplic1T

Trophies
XP
Country
Went to 2 Gamestops... first one had all 13's supposedly... second one had one SW12 and one SW11 ... I took the SW11 :D
- Colour: Red
- Serial: SW119XXXXX
- Firmware: 4.4.1-10U

Getting the Gateway as we speak unless you can recommend something else ... wish we could have a dual cart one for 3ds and ds via a switch of some sort....

chucky102

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
- Colour: Blue and black
- Serial: SEH108XXXXX X
- Firmware: 4.4.0-10E

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
Saw a brandnew Pink/White XL in a mall here in the Philippines. SM Marilao Bulacan to be exact. In Astroplus. Serial SW 112xxxxxxxx. Any Pinoys out there reading this.

zrlan7710

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Excuse me. Along with the serial number (SW12xxxxxxx), is it more of a guarantee to have 4.5 or lower if the copyright is 2012? (The last update to 2012 was 4.5)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that case is huge, but is cool.
  • D @ dadadad:
    I was installing mods for games, but when I removed the romfs folder, an error occurred. Now when I try to launch the game, I see a yellow screen, and I have to reboot the switch. Reinstalling the game didn't help. Can you advise me on what to do to launch the game without mods?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @dadadad delete sd:\atmosphere\contents
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should find out from the mod dev how to uninstall it. Every mod is different on how you install/uninstall.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I don't remember most of it. +1