Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

Wombleton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Thinking about getting this myself. My current 4.5FW has a horrible yellow tint and i want to replace it.

If it ISNT 4.5 then im sure I could still sell it on ebay for £80+ and not risk losing any money on it.

well i eneded up ordering one around 8pm yesterday its coming tomorrow so we will see, my theory was that they have an overstock of the ice white console and are just clearing old stock as none of the other colours were on offer so im hoping i get lucky, i will let you know tomorrow

Wombleton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
well i eneded up ordering one around 8pm yesterday its coming tomorrow so we will see, my theory was that they have an overstock of the ice white console and are just clearing old stock as none of the other colours were on offer so im hoping i get lucky, i will let you know tomorrow

i can confirm the ice white standard 3ds i purchased on the amazon offer thursday came on 2.1.0e with a serial of ceh1190 used luigis mansion to upgrade it to 4.5

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question for all. I went to a local KMart and found a Red/black with serial sw1279xxxx. Should I get that, or am I risking it?

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Serial: SW1185 XXXX X
- FW: 4.4.0-10U
- Copyright: 2012
- Color: RED / BLACK
- Model: 3DS XL

Luckily I skipped on the one at KMart, and went to a TRU in my area and they had an old one. No need to wait for the 6.5+ exploit. Now just waiting to get my get my card from RealHotStuff. To think, that place is still in business. I used them for my first GBA flashcard way back when.

Now my son gets the enjoyment of this. Circle of life and all. :yay:

InfoAddict

Trophies
XP
Country
Will a White 3DS XL from the UK be compatible? On the spreadsheet I'm lead to believe it will, but I'm not sure. Problem is it's an online purchase, shall I just not risk it and go hunting in the high street?

Jonesyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Serial: SW1030 XXXX X
- Copyright: 2011
- Color: RED / BLACK

and
- Serial: SW1243 XXXX X
- Copyright: 2012
- Color: BLUE / BLACK
- Location: eBay (seller: http://www.ebay.com/usr/nps?_trksid=p2047675.l2559)

Red/Black was used but I talked to the seller beforehand and he took a look at the firmware.

Blue/Black was new, in a sealed retail box, through some outfit called 'NPS' (or 'The NPS Store') located out of Salt Lake City. They seem to be selling a bunch (when I bought mine, they had an additional 5/6 other units of the same color for sale) in the 12xx range below the cutoff. Came up as this in the buying description:
Winner will receive 1 of the following serial numbered items:
SW124307xxx, SW124308xxx, SW120701xxx, SW125487xxx, SW122319xxx, SW120403xxx, SW124309xxx, SW122319xxx
Paid less for the Blue/Black, $163 after shipping. Paid about $173 for the Red/Black. If you're looking for one take a look at eBay, there should be a bunch for below of $200 still available with the firmware.

InfoAddict

Trophies
XP
Country
I've risked it from Tesco Direct. £139 for a White 3DS XL was too good to pass on (Normal price is £169, but they're doing £30 off orders £150 or above). I emailed them about getting the particular serial key on the box but they can't sort it out. I'm just gonna have to hope.

I actually popped into my local Argos and they have 1 White 3DS XL and if I read the serial number correctly it IS 4.5 or under. I told them to reserve it. Problem is Argos sell it for fucking £180. Worst comes to worst I'll refund the Tesco one and just take the extra £40 on the chin from Argos.

Also went to GAME who said I can't check the firmware because "all consoles are factory resetted". Urmmm ok. And I went to CEX to check a discounted black model with a screen scratch (£110) but it was on 5.0 and my HMV aren't even selling any handheld stuff anymore.

wonf

Trophies
XP
Country
Did some one know if the Nintendo 3DS LL Shin Megami Tensei IV - Limited Edition, or the Nintendo 3DS LL Super Robot Taisen UX PACK - Limited Edition are FW4.5? Or if thêre is other jap limited 3ds vẻcion that has FW4.5?.

Thanx.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Did some one know if the Nintendo 3DS LL Shin Megami Tensei IV - Limited Edition, or the Nintendo 3DS LL Super Robot Taisen UX PACK - Limited Edition are FW4.5? Or if thêre is other jap limited 3ds vẻcion that has FW4.5?.

Thanx.
if you searched the thread, you would see that the super robot taisen ux bundle and the tomodachi collection bundle both have 4.5 :)

Raiolu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Picked up a Flame Red 3DS with pre-installed Super Mario 3D Land (US Version) and its at 4.3.0 something. Bought it in the Philippines, although the Cobalt blue with Luigis Mansion was on 6.2.0....
Anyways, the serial number of the red one was CW 71****** *

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I went to my local pawn shop and found one without even trying. :D

I was just going in to ask them a question regarding layaway payments, but saw that they had a 3DS. The particular pawn shop I went to is franchised and not one of those local mom and pop stores so to speak. So I was going in to ask if I could put something on layaway out of town but make the payments at the store in my town. Turns out I can't do that. But I was humbly surprised that they finally had a 3DS on sale. Ironic since I was going to ask them if I could put a 3DS on layaway at a store out of town and make the payments for it there. The problem solved it self. :D (for the longest time, all they had was DSi, DSi XLs and DS Lites... )

I immediately asked them to take it out so I can look at it. Since at pawn shops it's standard practice for customers to look at the stuff before buying it/putting it on layaway. So there was no weird looks or questions about me asking to turn it on and check it out.

It was not in a box and was on display in a locked cabinet. So there was no hassle at all trying to get it out for examination. I immediately checked and found that it was a 4.5 console. Jackpot if you ask me. :D

I put that sucker on layaway right then and there. I was originally going to get a 3DS XL, but I couldn't knowingly let a 4.5 console slip past me. :D

So if buying one new at retail price isn't a requirement for you, your best bet on finding one is to go to your local pawn shop first.

Since a place like that usually lets you test the products before buying them, you will have no problem at all checking the firmware version. The cosmetic condition is hit or miss and the one I found had a few minor scratches on the touchscreen. But I can always fix that later. :D

billybob0220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I'd let you guys know how I got mine as it was really simple. Just search eBay for the 3DS and select "New" as the condition and look for listings that take photos of the box. Most of them you can see either the serial or the "Copyright 2012".

I found a brand new Blue 3DS XL for $180 with free shipping and the serial was SW1085 with Copyright 2012. Not a lot of people know about the exploit right now so now is the time to buy one.

Do NOT search for listings with "4.5" in them because the people who are aware of Gateway are trying to profit off having a system below 4.5. I saw people trying to charge $250 or more for systems with 4.5 on them. Just search through the regular listings and find new ones that show the serial number.

Make sure they are NEW and never opened because if the person opened it they could have updated it.

InfoAddict

Trophies
XP
Country
Just thought I'd let you guys know how I got mine as it was really simple. Just search eBay for the 3DS and select "New" as the condition and look for listings that take photos of the box. Most of them you can see either the serial or the "Copyright 2012".

I found a brand new Blue 3DS XL for $180 with free shipping and the serial was SW1085 with Copyright 2012. Not a lot of people know about the exploit right now so now is the time to buy one.

Do NOT search for listings with "4.5" in them because the people who are aware of Gateway are trying to profit off having a system below 4.5. I saw people trying to charge $250 or more for systems with 4.5 on them. Just search through the regular listings and find new ones that show the serial number.

Make sure they are NEW and never opened because if the person opened it they could have updated it.

Or just contact the seller.

InfoAddict

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh god I'm waiting to collect my White XL from Tesco now. The tension!!!

Ok I checked before my walk home and it seemed like the right serial key.

Let me check again:
"SEx1153xxxx x or SUx1035xxxx x in Europe"

This is SUx1031xxxx x. Looks like I'm all set. And only paid £139 for it! Time to open this baby up :). But my Gateway doesn't arrive till later this week.

Time to add myself to the honorary list!

- Serial: SUx1031xxxx x
- FW: 4.4.0-10E
- Copyright: 2013
- Colour: WHITE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ