BigMohad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi,

I have two Korean wiis which have error 003. There is a tutorial on how to fix this error on youtube. One of the requirements is to have a wasabi dx modchip. I searched the internet for it with no avail. Some people mentioned that they used a sunkey modchip. I searched for that and there were modchips called sundisk and sundrive but not sunkey. There is a website from uk but it is not functioning correctly (every link i click takes me back to the home screen) and another one called ecyclog but I don't trust it and I found one bad review for it here.

Could someone help me on where to buy a wasabi dx or a similar modchip (With international shipping) to buy to fix my wiiis.

Recommending yo buy a new wii because it is cheaper is not relevant in my country because the wiis here are around 120 USD

osprey23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hi,

I have two Korean wiis which have error 003. There is a tutorial on how to fix this error on youtube. One of the requirements is to have a wasabi dx modchip. I searched the internet for it with no avail. Some people mentioned that they used a sunkey modchip. I searched for that and there were modchips called sundisk and sundrive but not sunkey. There is a website from uk but it is not functioning correctly (every link i click takes me back to the home screen) and another one called ecyclog but I don't trust it and I found one bad review for it here.

Could someone help me on where to buy a wasabi dx or a similar modchip (With international shipping) to buy to fix my wiiis.

Recommending yo buy a new wii because it is cheaper is not relevant in my country because the wiis here are around 120 USD

You might already have the modchip on your Wii. The function of these modchip is to allow loading unsigned discs, or copied discs. So if you were able to load copy discs before, then you have the modchip. Or you can just follow these instructions and attempt to load the disc that you have created, if it boots then you have the modchip, if not then you don't have it. You just waste the cost of burning a disc.

I had a region changed Korean Wii with the 003 error as well. I am lucky that I have the modchip already on the Wii. I used the Bluebomb exploit with SaveMiiFri to recover. I find this method much easier compared to others. In addition, you can use Gamecube controller or any 4 direction dance mat to for the SaveMiiFri. Check out the info below.
https://wiibrew.org/wiki/SaveMii_Dongle
https://github.com/Fullmetal5/bluebomb

If you need more details on my experience using these. Let me know.

BigMohad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Check Ebay. That's about the only place where you'll get one, and they're expensive since they're almost useless compared to softmods.

If your Wii doesn't have a D2C drive, you can make your own modchip.
Unfortunately i have a d2c chip i just opened one of the wiis see the image

d2c.jpg

BigMohad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
There's a D2Sun modchip on Ebay, you could try that:

Otherwise I think you could swap in a supported drive and install the opensource modchips.
Unfortunately the seller does not ship to my country. I have my main wii that i need to open to see if its drive is supported. Thank you for the suggestion

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!