Gaming Where to buy an official PSP 2200mAh battery that ships to Europe?

jelbo

Ōkami!
OP
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pyrofyr said:
Wasn't able to check, once I go back there, I'll check it out. All the legit ones come with it?
Depends. The original battery came out in 2005 and has just the copper colored package. The 2007 edition is just the 2005 package inside a cardboard box and two battery covers for the PSP Slim & Lite - a black and silver one.

Here's some pictures of my fake (Datakits.co.uk) and real (Videogamesplus.ca) batteries. The easiest way to tell is the '20% UP' logo left of the battery on the package; when it's there it's fake. The genuine says 'UP TO 20% / JUSQU'À 20%'.

Fake (left) and genuine (right):

The genuine Videogamesplus.ca battery package:

Closeup of fake battery:

Closeup of genuine battery:

Closeup of genuine battery (back):

Fake package (front):

Genuine package (front, inside):

Genuine package (front, cardboard outside):

Fake package (back):

Genuine package (back):

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, they sure did go all out in trying to make it near identical for the fakes...

It looks like the genuine one (In the cardboard, so I assume it comes wit covers) I'll definitely check it out later, although at the moment I've noticed that I haven't really had any battery issues, the 7 horus or so is perfectly fine, it's rare that I leave the house for long, and when I'm at home I play with it plugged in XP

My cousins are coming down for the summer though, and as such I'll be going to the beach (I live in Miami) so it'll probably be friggin' great for long days at the beach.

kniteowl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Do you know any other places that sell official Sony 2200 Mah batteries that ship internationally,

Play Asia is a bit pricey at $60 USD

VGP is a little bit better...

Where's the cheapest and best possible option?

finding the legit ones are difficult :S

btw the official sony 2200 Mah battery is compatible with the PSP3000 right?

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
kniteowl said:
Do you know any other places that sell official Sony 2200 Mah batteries that ship internationally,

Play Asia is a bit pricey at $60 USD

VGP is a little bit better...

Where's the cheapest and best possible option?

finding the legit ones are difficult :S

btw the official sony 2200 Mah battery is compatible with the PSP3000 right?

Anyone who needs a handheld game so badly they will pay for a $60 battery for longer life should just get a DS. Just sayin'.

(Not bein' fanboyish...just my way of saying that's expensive as hell!)

kniteowl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

Live_Steam_Mad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought this PSP 2200mAh Extended Life Battery Kit from VideoGames.ca and it arrived in about a week and appears to be a genuine Sony item. I am in England, UK. When I charged it, it started off completely dead (0 per cent charge showing on the PSP, PSP wouldn't even boot from it) but then after a few minutes it showed 1 per cent and then finally after 4 HOURS it finally showed 100 per cent. Seemed to power my phat PSP 1000 (PSP 1003 in my case) just fine and was showing still 95 per cent charge after being on and used for 1/2 an hour, so bodes well.

Fits my PSP 1003 (I am using the original battery cover) just fine with no problems, wasn't any larger / thicker than the original 1800mAh Sony battery.

Comes with the Mystic Silver and Piano Black covers for PSP 2000 and 3000, both parts are rather high quality with lovely paint finish.

Pictures I took of it ;-

https://picasaweb.google.com/101932667412801910198/PSP2200mAhExtendedLifeBatteryKitFromVideoGamesCa?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol