ROM Hack Where can I find the sprites of Digimon World Dawn/Dusk?

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
use the pakmanager or pakeditor and open those pak files. What you are looking for is in the spr files. unpack all of them put them back together in a narc. then use tinke to open and match each file. so the spr_pal.pak has the palete files, the spr_chr.pak has the actual graphics, spr_cel.pak the map files for those graphics and finally spr_anm.pak the animation files. I never looked into animating them as I didn't care. it was more of finding reusable graphics for lost evolution. Best advice use a spreadsheet and list the files then match those together or you will get lost. this can be used as a pallette for these this can be used as a map for those, etcetera.

HelpPlease1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use the pakmanager or pakeditor and open those pak files. What you are looking for is in the spr files. unpack all of them put them back together in a narc. then use tinke to open and match each file. so the spr_pal.pak has the palete files, the spr_chr.pak has the actual graphics, spr_cel.pak the map files for those graphics and finally spr_anm.pak the animation files. I never looked into animating them as I didn't care. it was more of finding reusable graphics for lost evolution. Best advice use a spreadsheet and list the files then match those together or you will get lost. this can be used as a pallette for these this can be used as a map for those, etcetera.

I downloaded Pakmanager V1.0 and Pakeditor V0.5, in the pakeditor it appears the message "can not read after the end of the stream" with all the files that I try, even of Lost Evolution. In Pakmanager it works fine, but always appears "System.OutOfMemoryException" in the paks of Digimon Dusk, and when they are extracted the Bins are with 0kb

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
So I thought the pakmanager worked so I looked into again. I do remember using them...
so for unpacking I made you a quickbms script just for dusk. I haven't tried them on all the pak files yet so patient with me. (will edit this later)
which means you can unpack it with quickbms. Caution for repacking the files need to be the same size or smaller. (download quickbms). For others out there this quickbms script is just for digimon dusk.
copy paste the following into a text editor than save it as "dusk.bms"

# digimon world dusk pak unpack

get filecount long ;
for i = 0 < fileCount ;
Get FILEOFF Long ;
Get FILESIZE short ;
get null short ;
Log "" FILEOFF FILESIZE ;
next i

(end at i above here)
so working for pal, chr, cel. I am going to assume the rest of the pak are going to be fine. I could have taken the time to correctly label the files in quickbms (extension wise), so you are going to have to bulk rename them. or modify the script yourself. before you pack them back up in a narc and view them all in tinke. they seem to match file number wise.

Last edited by rastsan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.