Hacking Question When will a free XCI Backup Loader be released?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 45,204
  • Replies 352
  • Likes 6

DaBlackDeath

.::[ lone wolf ]::.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Honest question, Why?
I love my USB HDD filled with XCI's. No more installing big NSP on NAND or SD Card. Plus - 2 TB USB HDD is much cheaper than a 256GB SD Card.
Of course I have installed some small nsp games, but I love the freedom to load a custom XCI+Update+DLC without installing anything.
Especially for the kiddies who want to play another game every 5 min :D

Spazturtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because nsp's are serving people well at the moment. Nobody has any interest in writing a piracy loader, and converting xci to nsp is done easy enough.

Pirates are happy to use NSPs because you get auto banned for trying to go online with a pirated copy of a game anyway, people who actually want to use their own cartridge backups want XCI because you can go online with them.

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pirates are happy to use NSPs because you get auto banned for trying to go online with a pirated copy of a game anyway, people who actually want to use their own cartridge backups want XCI because you can go online with them.
Well its the same rule for xci pirates the difference is that you dont install it to your sysnand. Both sides of the coin has it flaws and advantages. I can't think of a better reason to make a backup of an xci if you plan to sell the original cartridge. If I wanted to play online then I'll just use the cart instead

Reactions: Heichart

Mateto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have no idea why no one ever mentions the possibility of keeping the switch clean using XCIs, while NSPs are an automatic ban flag if the user doesn't restore the NAND everytime he wishes to boot sysNAND

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well its the same rule for xci pirates the difference is that you dont install it to your sysnand. Both sides of the coin has it flaws and advantages. I can't think of a better reason to make a backup of an xci if you plan to sell the original cartridge. If I wanted to play online then I'll just use the cart instead
Its more consistent to use dumps all the time, more comfortable for game switching than a card, and you can put and leave the cards in their cases, where it's harder to lose them (my brother already lost one game of his gamecards), while still being able to play them online.

Last edited by RednaxelaNnamtra,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its more consistent to use dumps all the time, more comfortable for game switching than a card, and you can put and leave the cards in their cases, where it's harder to lose them (my brother already lost one game of his gamecards), while still being able to play them online.
Oh ok I can relate to the consistency. My question is how is it safe to play backup xci's online? Don't you need cfw to be able to launch the game since cfw and online play is a known auto ban.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh ok I can relate to the consistency. My question is how is it safe to play backup xci's online? Don't you need cfw to be able to launch the game since cfw and online play is a known auto ban.
Because of how the authentification for online play works only nsps (pirated and converted) and dumps without valid gamecard cert(pirated) will result in a direct ban, if the xci emulation works properly. If you use your own dumps they normally include the cert so they will work. This is because the cert from the nsps ticket / gamecard is used for authentification.

Using cfw online alway has a ban risk, but there are multiple things that can be done to reduce it. Not installing nsps and always including creport from atmosphere in every cfw to reduce the error logs will keep your system as clean as possible.
Also if you live in Europe you can additionally disable most of the telemetry in your Nintendo account configuration.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its also possible to use self created xci dumps online, if a xci loader implements propper cert emulation and you are not to scared to go online in cfw (which you should only do if you are prepared to maybe be banned some day and know what you are doing).
People have gotten banned for using self-created xci dumps online. Nintendo knows if you have the cart in there or not. Don't think for a minute the SX is actually fooling them. Check out the banned thread. Many banned consoles for people using their own cart's cert and XCI dump. Don't be a fool.

Reactions: SaffronXL and Kioku

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
People have gotten banned for using self-created xci dumps online. Nintendo knows if you have the cart in there or not. Don't think for a minute the SX is actually fooling them. Check out the banned thread. Many banned consoles for people using their own cart's cert and XCI dump. Don't be a fool.
And I'm using my dumps online since sxos is supporting the cert emulation (which got added in the first or second update) and I'm yet to be banned.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

JaRocker

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Will I guess I'm just lucky then I have been banned using xci

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Congrats? You have gotten lucky. Not everyone is as lucky.
No, I know what I'm doing, I know there is a risk and how to minimize it as much as possible (that's also the reason I would like to have an open source xci loader I can use with atmosphere) , but it's not the xci emulations that bans people. One reason they got bannes could be that creport is not included by default in sxos, so error logs can be created that can tell Nintendo that you use some kind of cfw, for example because of some homebrew crashes.

Or its possible people experimented with nsps, or cfws or did something else that could lead to modding footprints on your NAND.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know anyone that has been banned using legit xci
Then you have never read https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub-warning.508710/ . Plenty of people who have been banned using legit XCI. Take a look.

No, I know what I'm doing, I know there is a risk and how to minimize it as much as possible (that's also the reason I would like to have an open source xci loader I can use with atmosphere) , but it's not the xci emulations that bans people. One reason they got bannes could be that creport is not included by default in sxos, so error logs can be created that can tell Nintendo that you use some kind of cfw, for example because of some homebrew crashes.

Or its possible people experimented with nsps, or cfws or did something else that could lead to modding footprints on your NAND.

No. https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub-warning.508710/ look at the info. People have been banned for simply using their own private cert with their XCI. No crashes, no libnx errors.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Did someone working at TX piss in your cereals? No one's going bankrupt just because you are delusional and imagine it to happen if things go your way.

Clearly no one that could do it has any interest in it so learn coding and challenge all those big mean companies that wronged you. But don't forget to wear a mask and spandex!

Reactions: Tilde88

JaRocker

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Then you have never read https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub-warning.508710/ . Plenty of people who have been banned using legit XCI. Take a look.

No. https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub-warning.508710/ look at the info. People have been banned for simply using their own private cert with their XCI. No crashes, no libnx errors.
I get what you're saying but this depends on users to self-report and also be honest and not troll. And also have dumped gift certificate with their xci

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did someone working at TX piss in your cereals? No one's going bankrupt just because you are delusional and imagine it to happen if things go your way.

Clearly no one that could do it has any interest in it so learn coding and challenge all those big mean companies that wronged you. But don't forget to wear a mask and spandex!
Lol

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw