When is the best time to trauma dump on someone?

When is the best time to trauma dump on someone?

• First meeting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Second meeting

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 2nd week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2nd month

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Never

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Every single day

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys asking for a friend, but when is the appropriate time to share all your unending trauma with a new person?

Reactions: Seriel

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Before you even meet them.
No need to encourage any unrealistic expectations, or misleading first impressions.
Baggage front and center.
Best to weed out the casuals and drive people away before things get too serious.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Okay guys asking for a friend, but when is the appropriate time to share all your unending trauma with a new person?
At a low point in their life, example: Both their parents have been killed by a mad axeman and they are at the funeral - then hit them with all your crap as well just to make them feel even worse.

Or......

Life is hard enough for some people and they have their own issues to deal with, sometimes it's best to keep your own mental issues to yourself or to self reflect on why you have those issues in the first place. There's professional therapists that you can talk too without needing to drive your friends away by sapping their life force with your never ending problems.

Last edited by mrdude,
  • Haha
Reactions: x65943

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At a low point in their life, example: Both their parents have been killed by a mad axeman and they are at the funeral - then hit them with all your crap as well just to make them feel even worse.

Or......

Life it hard enough for some people and they have their own issues to deal with, sometimes it's bets to keep your own mental issues to yourself or to self reflect on why you have those issues in the first place. There's professional therapists that you can talk too without needing to drive your friends away by sapping their life force with your never ending problems.
I like your first answer then you had to go and ruin it with your second answer

anyhow thanks for the idea on your first answer - this might just be perfect

• Haha
Reactions: mrdude

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I like your first answer then you had to go and ruin it with your second answer

anyhow thanks for the idea on your first answer - this might just be perfect
You will drive away all your friends if you unload your issues on to them. They may sympathise with you when you are telling them, but the next time you want to hang out with them they will make up excuses and tell you they are busy (they don't want to be burdened with your crap as well as their own).

Generally most people only have around 4 true friends that are not just acquaintances or work mates but would go to the end of the world with you (these are mostly people you grew up with and have been friends with since you were very young), however most of your "friends" will pass and go throughout your life and in reality just in the same boat that you are in and don't want to put up with your crap.

My advice is to keep your own crap to yourself, or get a pet dog or cat or something else you can talk too if you can't afford to pay some stranger to listen to your woes.

Most people that are busy with work and do hobbies that involve leaving the house don't have the time to dwell on crap as their brains are taken up with other things so they move on with thier past very quickly, they learn from it and then use what they learned from their past experiences to make them a better person.

Example: You live in a household where your parents are drug addicts, they beat you up and give you crap when you are young.

You have a few options:

1: You can be just like them and the cycle continues...
2: You can learn from that experience that drugs are bad, never do them, and never hurt your own kids as you know what it feels like. Instead you make your kids feel safe and spend time with them and make them laugh.

The fact is that everyone is differnet and will treat you different, use those bad experiences you got to learn from and make yourself a better person, use the good experiences you get as an example of how to treat others. In the end when you are on your death bed, do you want to say that you led a happy life and you treated people well, or do you want to say that you led a miserable life, drove you friends away and made life worse for people? The choice is all yours!

• Haha
Reactions: x65943

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will drive away all your friends if you unload your issues on to them. They may sympathise with you when you are telling them, but the next time you want to hang out with them they will make up excuses and tell you they are busy (they don't want to be burdened with your crap as well as their own).

Generally most people only have around 4 true friends that are not just acquaintances or work mates but would go to the end of the world with you (these are mostly people you grew up with and have been friends with since you were very young), however most of your "friends" will pass and go throughout your life and in reality just in the same boat that you are in and don't want to put up with your crap.

My advice is to keep your own crap to yourself, or get a pet dog or cat or something else you can talk too if you can't afford to pay some stranger to listen to your woes.

Most people that are busy with work and do hobbies that involve leaving the house don't have the time to dwell on crap as their brains are taken up with other things so they move on with thier past very quickly, they learn from it and then use what they learned from their past experiences to make them a better person.

Example: You live in a household where your parents are drug addicts, they beat you up and give you crap when you are young.

You have a few options:

1: You can be just like them and the cycle continues...
2: You can learn from that experience that drugs are bad, never do them, and never hurt your own kids as you know what it feels like. Instead you make your kids feel safe and spend time with them and make them laugh.

The fact is that everyone is differnet and will treat you different, use those bad experiences you got to learn from and make yourself a better person, use the good experiences you get as an example of how to treat others. In the end when you are on your death bed, do you want to say that you led a happy life and you treated people well, or do you want to say that you led a miserable life, drove you friends away and made life worse for people? The choice is all yours!
you gave me some options, I think I'm going to pick "you can be just like them and the cycle continues"

now of the drug options I don't have a lot of experience, which drug would you suggest I become addicted to? I've heard good things about meth but also kinda wanna keep my teeth

• Haha
Reactions: AmandaRose

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The weird thing is in some countries meth is proscribed by doctors as a second-line treatment for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and obesity.
In the USA amphetamine salts are first line for ADHD, in fact I've personally had many friends on amphetamine salts

Now ofc the issue with meth is more the dose than anything, like with any drug if you take too much it's gonna lead to a lot of problems

Name almost any drug and there is a lethal dose

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
you gave me some options, I think I'm going to pick "you can be just like them and the cycle continues"

now of the drug options I don't have a lot of experience, which drug would you suggest I become addicted to? I've heard good things about meth but also kinda wanna keep my teeth
Spookily enough I was on youtube yesterday and was watching some 1950's LSD drug tests they were doing on some sane random housewife:

Let's face it you get enough chemicals from your food if you eat a healthy balanced diet that contains mostly meat, you body is designed by nature to break the foods you eat down into chemicals and then distrubute them to where they need to be. Any extra man made chemicals you add are not meant to be in your body and therefore your body was never designed to have those in it so deals with them in it's own way, whether or not you suffer from side effects depends on what you put into yourself.

So my advice on chemicals is to just eat healthily and do some exercise when you are out in the fresh air.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spookily enough I was on youtube yesterday and was watching some 1950's LSD drug tests they were doing on some sane random housewife:

Let's face it you get enough chemicals from your food if you eat a healthy balanced diet that contains mostly meat, you body is designed by nature to break the foods you eat down into chemicals and then distrubute them to where they need to be. Any extra man made chemicals you add are not meant to be in your body and therefore your body was never designed to have those in it so deals with them in it's own way, whether or not you suffer from side effects depends on what you put into yourself.

So my advice on chemicals is to just eat healthily and do some exercise when you are out in the fresh air.

Some truth to that, but also unfortunately like with any machine your body will break down and eventually it makes more sense to take meds than not (for most people)

controlling diabetes, high blood pressure, thyroid hormone replacement - all simple things that could make a huge difference on quality of life and longevity - everyone should be seeing a doctor for that reason

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Some truth to that, but also unfortunately like with any machine your body will break down and eventually it makes more sense to take meds than not (for most people)

controlling diabetes, high blood pressure, thyroid hormone replacement - all simple things that could make a huge difference on quality of life and longevity - everyone should be seeing a doctor for that reason
Doctors are pusing drugs on to many that don't need them. Pharma companies give money/grants to those that push the medicines they make and the NHS or whatever health service is in your country get a lots of money from these companies. Basically doctors and pharma want patients for life so they can continue to make vast sums of money.

Let's face it - to a doctor you are nothing more than a bit of data on a computer spreadsheet. The doctors bosses don't want huge graphs with patients that need to be seen, so the doctor issues you some drugs, knocks you off the spreadsheet as 'dealt with' and his bosses are happy.

Do doctors overprescribe drugs to people that don't really need them - you bet they do.
Do pharma make money fom the drugs that are prescribed - yep.

Did people have as many health and mental health problems now as they did in the past before taking loads of prescribed drugs - not really.

People died in the past before vaccines or antibiotics were a thing, but there's also a lot of people that have been killed or suffered life long injuries because of the side effects of things that doctors gave them.

The best way to deal with issues if to eat healthily, do exercise and go outside. However looking at the amount of obese people in USA or the west, the amount on drugs, the amount that don't eat properly I'd say that a huge amount of these health issues people are having are self incduced and taking prescribed drugs is only masking the real issues of what's wrong with a lot of people - which is laziness, a sedate lifesyle and lack of education on the effects of putting crap into your body.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The best way to deal with issues if to eat healthily, do exercise and go outside. However looking at the amount of obese people in USA or the west, the amount on drugs, the amount that don't eat properly I'd say that a huge amount of these health issues people are having are self incduced and taking prescribed drugs is only masking the real issues of what's wrong with a lot of people - which is laziness, a sedate lifesyle and lack of education on the effects of putting crap into your body.
Nah, I think I'll stick to drugs, thank you.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doctors are pusing drugs on to many that don't need them. Pharma companies give money/grants to those that push the medicines they make and the NHS or whatever health service is in your country get a lots of money from these companies. Basically doctors and pharma want patients for life so they can continue to make vast sums of money.

Let's face it - to a doctor you are nothing more than a bit of data on a computer spreadsheet. The doctors bosses don't want huge graphs with patients that need to be seen, so the doctor issues you some drugs, knocks you off the spreadsheet as 'dealt with' and his bosses are happy.

Do doctors overprescribe drugs to people that don't really need them - you bet they do.
Do pharma make money fom the drugs that are prescribed - yep.

Did people have as many health and mental health problems now as they did in the past before taking loads of prescribed drugs - not really.

People died in the past before vaccines or antibiotics were a thing, but there's also a lot of people that have been killed or suffered life long injuries because of the side effects of things that doctors gave them.

There is some truth to that, but in my experience it's less that doctors are pushing drugs and more that patients are asking for them by name (thanks drug ads on TV), and there is only so much fighting you can do - the drugs aren't contraindicated and hey maybe they will help?

Also lol as far as doctor bosses, that's not really how medicine works at all. And the reason medicine comes before therapy all to often is sadly many times because patients can afford a pill but not a therapist or physical therapy

I do honestly think people have more mental health issues now because modern society is a lot less rewarding/genuine than before. Think how many people drink, have meaningless sex, do drugs and work a dead end job - no wonder depression is so high

And no doubt iatrogenic illness is a real thing, but just look at life expectancy now vs 100 years ago to prove to yourself medicine is making an impact!

And you're right the number one best thing is diet, exercise - but not many people will do that so you do the next best thing. Unfortunately we're not living in a simulation where you can make whatever you want happen

I wouldn't say meds mask the illness tho - yeah sure for opioids or antidepressants you could make that argument - but like real pathology like thyroid disorder or insulin dependence it's medicine or death

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Nah, I think I'll stick to drugs, thank you.
You're free to do as you please dude, nobody is telling you what to do and you can take as many drugs as you wish as over 99.99999999999%+ don't really care one way or the other what you do. If your family, wife, kids, friends don't care what you do, do you really think that random people on the internet care whether or not you if you want to take drugs?

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're free to do as you please dude, nobody is telling you what to do and you can take as many drugs as you wish as over 99.99999999999%+ don't really care one way or the other what you do. If your family, wife, kids, friends don't care what you do, do you really think that random people on the internet care whether or not you if you want to take drugs?
But which drugs should I take? Still waiting on if you were suggesting coke vs meth etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P