Gaming When do people think we will have access to the Mario 3D Allstars NSP or XCI?

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
M64 and Sunshine Emulated, like @CeeDee said Galaxy looks like recompiled code and not just emulation.

Correction......Looking at the code

Galaxy and Sunshine run under a Wii and GameCube emulator named hagi possibly made by NERD (Nintendo of Europe division). Mario 64 is running under an N64 emulator

Galaxy appears they recompiled the original code to run natively on the Switch CPU, but everything else (GPU/Audio) is running in the emulator.

*Looks like I have just come across the code that @mattyxarope has come across or has discovered.

Last edited by burhansalih,

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Info about the games:

Per OatmealDome- https://mobile.twitter.com/OatmealDome/status/1305774812170727426?s=19
  • All three are emulated
  • Galaxy and Sunshine run under a Wii and GameCube emulator named "hagi"(?) possibly made by NERD (Nintendo of Europe division).
  • Mario 64 is running under an N64 emulator.
  • Galaxy in particular is really interesting. It appears they recompiled the original code to run natively on the Switch CPU, but everything else (GPU/Audio) is running in the emulator. Interesting trick!
  • The Wii/GC emulators use Vulkan
  • Sunshine is stored as a gcm file - should be easily replaceable
About the N64 emulator:
  • Shindou Pack ROM is used
  • Texture, code, and text translation patches are applied on the fly
  • First person camera has inverted controls vs original
  • Uses Vulkan API

Info about the control schemes:

Sunshine:
X - switch FLUD Nozzle
A/B - jump and talk
Y - grab
ZR - watergun while running
R - watergun while standing

Galaxy:
X/Y - spin
A/B - jump or swim
ZR - shoot star-piece
Right Joycon - pointer in docked mode
Touchscreen - pointer in hand-held mode
R - resets the pointer position

Galaxy with a pro controller:
Gyro controls - moves pointer
R button - resets the pointer
Right stick - controls the camera

Last edited by mattyxarope,

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From everything I've gathered, Galaxy actually runs off of recompiled code and not just emulation. So Wii stuff might be a bit harder to do...

Anything with the Wii that used tons of motion control might not be as easy to translate to the Wii Joy-Cons/Pro Controllers as one might expect. I think that the GC emulator might have potential if it's not just made to run Super Mario Sunshine by using a bunch of hacks to get it playing nice on the Switch.

Reactions: lordelan

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just gonna wait until the game gets a shade "darker." I do have the game preloaded as well, so I know what I'll be doing at midnight this Friday. ;)

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone like @m4xw or whomever take an internally developed emulator at Nintendo in a fashion like this go and make changes to make Wii emulation possible? Or would that be like modifying any of the source code leaked in the previous 4 Gigaleaks, let alone looking at it?

Because the only reason Dolphin was able to emulate Wii games like it did was primarily because the Wii was essentially the GC given a boost on the hardware level, so if modifications can be made, then I'd like to see how far we can

nitroflux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
man i'm so jealous of you guys already playing it - i still can't find someone to fit my sx core! :(

looks like i'll be picking this one up retail!

Reactions: bomigoton

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what firmware is required? I'm on 10.0.4 and the game crashes when I launch Super Mario 64.

well, the screenshot of the xci shows master key 10 which is like 9.1. you can check for sure with nx info, switch backup manager, xci browser (convert back to xci with nca builder), or xci cutter (think it shows it).

Reactions: tpax and lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!