What's Your WiFi Network Name?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
After a week of using my flat's crappy internet I renamed it to "DerpNet" where it will remain until we figure out if we can get any kind of upgrade. At which point it will become "DerpNet2DerpHarder" or some such other sequel-esque name.

Reactions: Kouen Hasuki

KDH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I call mine Atlantis X, where X is the frequency the router operates on. Sadly there is as of yet no router that operates on a 9GHz frequency, or I'd buy it and change "Atlantis" to "Deep Space" in a heartbeat. Yes I am a massive nerd, thank you for noticing.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Link_sys. Because the default Linksys was already in use in my neighborhood and I wanted to avoid confusion.

DSi supports WAP, no? I use WEP as well so I can use my DS Phat and my kid's DS Lite on line. I use MAC filtering as well, but rather than blocking moochers (black-listing,) I only allow devices that I manually key in the MAC address in to my router setting to join my network (white-listing.) It's a bit more work, but it's the safest way to use WEP that I've found.
I used to do MAC whitelisting, but it's annoying for the fact that I fix computers, and wouuld have to whitelist every new computer to my network... so no thanks. And the DSi can use WPA for eShop and web browser, but not in-game. The games only support WEP. I'm just too lazy to go into my DD-WRT setup and create a WEP Virtual LAN for my DSi at the moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?