Gaming What's wrong with this ds?!?!

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This ds (original)'s bottom screen would flash quickly and shut off. I tried reseating the ribbon cables, nothing. Maybe a fuse blew? I don't know to much about the original ds, and all that came up with a Google search was to reseat the top screen ribbon cable, that's it. What should I try now?
1432398372912907232186.jpg
1432398402541-1466179705.jpg

loco365

Trophies
XP
You should rather show it to a store you know?

Stores wouldn't know jack shit about a Nintendo DS unless it was a specialty game store.

CIAwesome526, it's going to be either something is not connected properly, such as a microphone or the wireless card (The DS does a self-check when powering on. If anything is missing, it just shuts itself off), or else the fuse is blown for sure. If everything is hooked up as it should be, then it will definitely be a fuse issue. I had a DSi given to me that had that issue.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stores wouldn't know jack shit about a Nintendo DS unless it was a specialty game store.

CIAwesome526, it's going to be either something is not connected properly, such as a microphone or the wireless card (The DS does a self-check when powering on. If anything is missing, it just shuts itself off), or else the fuse is blown for sure. If everything is hooked up as it should be, then it will definitely be a fuse issue. I had a DSi given to me that had that issue.

checked the fuses, they look fine but i can solder them over if need be. Also i didnt realize EVERYTHING needed to be hooked up. Do even the speaker need to be connected? if so, i have found one of my power problems. i have been lazy and instead of plugging everything back in i only plugged in the stuff thought was necessary. Also my friend had a ds lite that had a broken hinge, and messed up screen (so probably also a messed up ribbon cable) and it would start up bet refused to go into anything even settings and pictochat, but then i did some ds doctoring and gently violently ripped the two screens apart. then it wouldnt boot up at all, except when i put in a gameboy advanced game and it worked fine. but this wasnt the case with this ds, does that mean this ds has a different problem?

loco365

Trophies
XP
checked the fuses, they look fine but i can solder them over if need be. Also i didnt realize EVERYTHING needed to be hooked up. Do even the speaker need to be connected? if so, i have found one of my power problems. i have been lazy and instead of plugging everything back in i only plugged in the stuff thought was necessary. Also my friend had a ds lite that had a broken hinge, and messed up screen (so probably also a messed up ribbon cable) and it would start up bet refused to go into anything even settings and pictochat, but then i did some ds doctoring and gently violently ripped the two screens apart. then it wouldnt boot up at all, except when i put in a gameboy advanced game and it worked fine. but this wasnt the case with this ds, does that mean this ds has a different problem?

Yeah, you'll have to assemble and connect almost everything together. It's possible to mod and allow it to be a really cool GBA, but it takes a bit of work and system trickery.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you'll have to assemble and connect almost everything together. It's possible to mod and allow it to be a really cool GBA, but it takes a bit of work and system trickery.
That's what I did to his ds lite, but I was so stupid I forgot to to rewire the speakers since the speakers worked. I just ripped them off too. I have tried everything. I disconnected the top screen but nothing works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-