DS (ntr-003) both screens white but sound is working

orson1991

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi, i was trying to repair my old ds. It had broken shell but it was working. after changing the shell both screens are bright white. Sound seems to be working because i can hear the boot sound,even the buttons when pressed. My speculation is that in the process of shell swap i may damaged the ribbon cable that connects top to bottom screens, but have you faced a similar situation? How did you solve it?

IMG_20230917_114148.jpg

UK_Ray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The main ribbon cable connects the motherboard to the top screen interface board, the top screen has 2 ribbons cables which are then then plugged into the top screen interface board.

If the main ribbon cable was damaged your bottom screen would still be working rather than both screens being blank.

I would guess that you have probably just not got the ribbon cables on both screens connected properly, if it's the first shell swap you have done it can be pretty fiddly, you have to make sure the ribbons are in straight before fastening them.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Probably, your ribbon cables are not connected all the way in.
I've had this issue with DS Lite(s) and it's usually that I didn't pushed the cables all the way in.

If there were a problem with the cables themselves the DS would shut down with a POP! as it's designed to do so if one screen fails.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch