What’s the story behind your username?

djnate27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a pretty sad story that i remember. when i was in first grade i was attacked by a dog. it was a huge german shepherd. after that i started stuttering. Chou is a failed attempt to say "chocolate". Eventually I stopped stuttering, but I became afraid of dogs :toot:
That story is both sad and ironic. Sad because of the dog attack. (When I was a child - a bully pushed me into a big chained up dog that was going berserk.) The ironic part is that chocolate can kill a dog. It's their kryptonite. :sad:

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It was when I was younger and on the first flash-site where do you play games to register your username. I used my name and my mother was at the the phone and telling some numbers. I only understand „20020“ and so I created my username xD

Gronbar

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Poland
Just trying to invent name for my fantasy character in DnD, found site with random generated names for fantasy characters and generated this name. That's the story behind my name.

Reactions: Sworly

error404bsod

Koffing Used Smoke. Koffing is already high as fuc
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I chose my name because I like errors like when I threw my xbox 360 core off the roof I turned on the frose making a weirw noise then the screen went blue like my old windows xp laptop and I love 404 so on rob lox Error404 xbox nednal404 I am a hyper obsessive with Microsoft

coolkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
me in summer 2020 thinking a name so that i would not put my real name
(fun fact: my name looks like a roblox hacker)

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My name is Duarte Mendes, and since I was 3 years old, my friends always called me "Dudu", and I used it has my nickname, everyone was calling me Dudu.
When I was creating a GbaTemp account, I was thinking about a name for my account, so, Dudumendes!

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
OP
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Not for a while, though; where'd the "Julie" name come from?
sorry that this is EXTREMELY late, but julie is just the name i go by and i wanted to keep the "pilgrim" part because i didn't want just "julie" as a name

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Stray" has been a long-time nickname for me, in relation to a lot of things. I'm a huge furry, I'm estranged from my parents, I like to hide in small spaces, growing up in a rural area, I spent most of my time running through forests and fields, I'm a major fucking edgelord, there's a lot surrounding it that just makes it very, very me. It was genuinely a runner-up for my new middle name when I came out, but I decided against it for.. hireability. Damned capitalism.

"Guitarist" is self explanatory, I think. I play guitar, it's the only thing I feel that truly lets me express my thoughts, and feelings.

Anywhere that doesn't have the space for "StrayGuitarist", I go by "LunarKitten", "Luna" being my first name, and.. yeah. The rest falls into place.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Mine is from a Quake 2 skin.
I was a naked faerie, shes got big blue wings. (Look at my avatar, thats her)

Back in those days before esports destroyed multiplayer, nobody would kill the naked woman so i won lots of games.
Also nobody shot people on the back and ran off either. It was a lot friendlier and a LOT more fun too.

I had a friend who was a naked fat ugly chick. People would just stop on front of him. Most people were laughing.

So out of the 2 of us we won lots of games.

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
1681717524745.png

1681717570237.png

Shoutouts to VinsCool for the best username change idea when I came out

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
OP
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Makes sense; I was thinking Julie was another Scotty P character, or something.
https://scottpilgrim.fandom.com/wiki/Julie_Powers
well you're not wrong! there is a julie in scott pilgrim. it's just i didn't think of her at all when coming up with the name. She doesn't play a huge role in the series and thus I only really found her again like 2 years ago because I decided to google my own name. And then it didn't occur to me until two days ago while I was showering "hey, I could call myself Julie Powers on places because that would keep with the scott pilgrim name". but alas, it's too late for that, and it would invalidate all the cool art people have drawn of me

alevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Around 2008 I downloaded World of Warcraft. At the character creation screen my name was already reserved, so I used the inbuilt random name generator until I settled on Alevan. I've been using it ever since, as nobody else seems to be using it so it's always free anywhere I register.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: