Whats the greatest deal you ever got on a game/ console?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
When the original Final Fantasy was remade for PSP few years back, Gamestation were selling it at £17.99, but the CEX database hadn't updated yet. They still considered it a US import at high value, so I could sell it for £25 a pop. Rinse, repeat all day, completely clean out every game store in the city, end the day about £450 richer than I started :P

D

Deleted-379826

Where do you find all these cheap consoles O.o I remember once I cleared out a Sears with their mario kart ds for 20 dollars each and they went down later than "returned" them to walmart for like 40 or 50 dollars

Last edited by ,
Reactions: astrangeone

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got a Gameboy with like 10 games for $10 little while back, got a Saturn for $10 - missing video cable - but still great deal.

snagged a 360 for $25 with controller while ago.

got sealed in box expansion pak for n64 for $10.

best deal i ever found i think was 2 complete wavebirds for 9.99 at goodwill, that was an excellent find.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was the summer of 2009. My friend wanted money and rid of his PSP 1K. Sold it to me already softmodded (i think m.3-55 was the popular exploit back then) with a 4GB Pro Duo stick for $70. Back then, a PSP should have still cost well over $120 and 4GB Pro Duo sticks should have been around $50.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$150 dollars, I received the following.

2x dreamcast ( GD roms are dead / laser issues )

1x Master system. ( no cables or controllers. )

1x Atari 2500 ( No cables / Controllers )

1x Sega Saturn ( No cables / Controllers )

1x ps2 Slim ( worked with no issues )

3x PSX ( Working no issues )

2x PSone ( Working No issues )

1x Gamecube ( No cables / controllers )

2x Xbox ( both work )

2x Xbox 360 ( 1 RROD , the other broken DVD drive ) Replaced drive, RGH'd and sold for 200$ , sold drive out of RROD same day, for 50$ I'm now ahead on that whole deal by $100.

------------------

Traded Jailbroken PS3 Slim for Xbox One and 3 games. My investment, 130.00$ and an hour of my time downgrading console.

-------------------

Jailbroke someones console on a barter system, they gave me a working PS3 Phat model ( Bad laser ) and another CECHA01 ( Would not power up ) troubleshot the console a few months later, had a bad ribbon, powered it up, on firmware 3.50 or something like that. Works to this day.

Last edited by vb_encryption_vb,
Reactions: VinsCool

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I found this guy, unopened (NRFB, NRFB!), for $5 (it was $100 in its prime, and ~$75 at the time).

Yes, it says Windows 95. This was a while back :P

EDIT: I also got this add-on for it later on, also at discount, but not as ridiculous as the flight stick.

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's a frind of mine that gives me free video games if I burn ps1/ps2 games for him. It's a big deal. He even gave an original ds with 2 flashcards to a class mate. I'm trying to get his psp, as mine is old and scratched.
Then the story of my psp and sega mega drive(a bit sad): well, my uncle passed away, he was young, and he had a psp and a sega mega drive(also a gameboy and another retro system but I can't find it). It's a psp 1004, it had a broken battery(that I replaced) and 1.50 firmware. The sega mega drive was in bad conditions and I got it replaced by a technician. There was a game in the psp, formula 1, that I lose(I was 11), and many games for the sega: ghouls and ghosts, formula 1, nba and sonic with the original poster(that I also lose).
And it was a big deal when I went to gamestop to buy some gba games, such as super mario advance 4 iirc, and they gave me two harry potter games new and sealed for free.

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3DS XL Majoras Mask Limited Edition Model. got it for the retail selling price of 199.99. well I gave my buddy 200$. He bought 2 and was nice enough not to raise the price. these things were literally selling out in less than an hour and then prices were on the rise from every reseller/scalper. I'm sure everyone remembers...

D

Deleted-379826

N3DS XL Majoras Mask Limited Edition Model. got it for the retail selling price of 199.99. well I gave my buddy 200$. He bought 2 and was nice enough not to raise the price. these things were literally selling out in less than an hour and then prices were on the rise from every reseller/scalper. I'm sure everyone remembers...
In Canada those are so easy to find lmao not relevant anymore but for the longest time have been

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-