Whats the greatest deal you ever got on a game/ console?

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS1 for $2.99 and PS2 for $3.99. Both worked great and the PS1 case is looking pretty good

20160526_205550.jpg

Attainable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I preordered a Wii U before they were released @ Toysrus.com thinking they'd sell out like a Wii, and checked out via PayPal. The way preordering works w/Toysrus.com and PayPal is they don't charge your PayPal account until things are shipped...

Eventually I never received any sort of email that it shipped, and the PayPal transaction said that the funds were never charged....but I got the Wii U

TLDR: Got a free Wii U from Toysrus.com

Reactions: zezzo

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Beat this:-

NES with zapper, 2 controllers(official), 7 games including super Mario Bros 1 and 3, both Zelda games (one was special gold cart), and the 3 in 1 duck hunt cart. Can't remember the other games since I thought it a steal for £5 in car boot sale.

Also once bought 4 original Xbox for £2. Not £2 each that's £2 for all 4. They were sold as faulty(only 1 of them actually faulty but fixed it with the hot swap soft mod, piece of piss). Couple of hours later all 4 were running xbmc :).

Plus not actually a game or console but working for a school has allowed me first dibs on outdated technology and over the years I've accumulated more than 20 PC's, equal amount of printers, hubs and Ethernet switches (industrial standard), Wifi repeaters and hubs, as much coaxial cable as I like, and cat5 the same, plus a smart board, monitors and 8 projectors all for sweet FA(I like technology, especially networks). I've had my own personal LAN since 1990's.

Schools / College's / University's are the best places to work for free gadgets!

Wanderman_Trigge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I flashed a custom rom to my friends kindle hdfire and he loved it so much he got me my own .... SO i flashed that too and now its my best moble game system (playing psp,ps1,n64 and everything before with a ps3-controller) best tablet i ever had

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I forgot to mention the 2 rrod xbox360s i got with a bottle of vodka for free and now work GREAT .... just can't deside to hack them or not

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my best deal is my Wii U got it for my birthday even though i payed half of it

it's the Mario Kart 8 edition Wii U it came with Super Mario Maker that was sealed and Smash 4 and Mario Kart 8 of course and also it came with a Wii U pro controller £250 for all that
and the funny thing is that the Wii U is french

OutVolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought 2 copy of cubic ninja from big lots for $2.50.

Got a GameCube
2x controllers
Gameboy player with disk
Fire emblem path of radiance
Mario Kart double dash
Super smash Bros melee
Megamall x command mission
Final fantasy crystal chronicles
Zelda wind waker
Mario sunshine
Sonic adventure 2 battle
from a coworker $50.

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Well my experience revolves around sentimental value more than materialistic value. I was about seven, still lived in france at the time, and my parents got me pokemon silver at at a "brocante" (an outdoor seconde hand trade event) for 3€. God that game created some lovely memories :)
300th post! :D

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
$80 for a 11.0.33 U o3DS + StarFox 64 3D, Advance Wars Days of Ruin, Exit DS, Worms 2 Open Warfare, charger and charging cradle. Guess I'm going to train up and learn soldering to downgrade the o3DS to flip the system and games...

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Got a PS2 + memcard + controller + 3 orso games for fixing an old classmate his laptop.
Got a PSP Slim (fully hackable) for trading 2 shit games.
Got several games for free due to me fixing people their computers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse