FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am sure we all have stories of finding some game we wanted in an odd place, and that one friend that seems to get all the good stuff for a pittance on a routine basis. This is not that thread.
Big secret of game collecting/purchasing is buy whole console bundles from bored mothers and grandparents that think their kids no longer want something (and will possibly be those buying it again to relive youth in 15 years) but part of that usually means you take some stuff you don't really care about. Depending upon how much money you have to splash around it or get back in a week or so it also makes you somewhat immune to the sharks that get up at 4am to beat you everywhere.

I was tidying up the other day and found my copy of Tiger Woods PGA tour for the DS. I don't like golf, don't like golf games. I got it when I bought a family's wii bundle from a charity shop (that day I was that friend it seems as the games alone were way more than that) and that seemed to come along for the ride.

What oddities did you find in bundles you have bought in the past? Bonus points if you found you resold it for a lot or turned out to be a game you like. Also bundles as in humble bundle don't count unless it was some 20+ game affair and you discovered something interesting in that.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Also bundles as in humble bundle don't count unless it was some 20+ game affair and you discovered something interesting in that.
So basically the bundles humble does for charity nowadays? :tpi:

Anyhow... I haven't checked thoroughly through my late itch.io bundles (i guess that goes for everyone... There are hundreds of game related stuff things in there), but so far the oddest I've played is "islands: non places". I'll just say it: i think the dev (or team) was drunk or high. You just click on things and some things happen.
Like... You're standing in a misty bus station and by clicking on something, a bus comes to offload some egg passengers that hop away in the distance. I won't deny its atmospheric, but... Jeez. :wacko:

II regularly try some on my deck nowadays. As for a few that are actually good...
Campfire cooking: you rotate, push and turn barbecue skewers to cook food or marshmellows. So it's in the vein of Stephen's sausage roll but even more underground. Very good, albeit not too hard as far as puzzles go(though that's a plus for me)
Magnivox: a puzzle platformer in which you play as a magnet that has to roll to the exit. Very basic graphics, but actually very decent level design
Fossil hunters: think steamworld dig but isometric and with some basic Fossil collecting.

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not really an odd game but an odd limited numbers bundle that was apparently a part of a Dixon's special promotion of some sort back in the early 90s

It's an original Gameboy with copies of Mario Land 1 and 2 and a carry case included. Everything is in pretty good state even the box. Turns out less than 1000 copies of this bundle where ever sold with estimates varying from 500 too 800 depending on what website you look at.

Bought it at a jumble sale for £20 a few week's ago.

And now I'm struggling to find out how much I can actually resell it for because of its super rareness lol.

20220821_022541.jpg

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: hippy dave

itsScarfy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I bought my PSP back in the day, I really wanted a white one. But for some reason the only ones in production were bundles that came with an Assassin's Creed game (I think a port of one of the console titles?) I wasn't interested in the franchise so I never wound up playing it, and I had to throw out the PSP's battery a while back so it's not useable even if I were to decide I wanted to go back and play

I still don't know why they didn't just sell the white ones separately too, white isn't even that special of a color? But I wanted a white PSP very badly so I just bought it regardless. It sparkled too, it was a neat PSP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ