Homebrew whats the biggest sd card size youve got working?

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really confused, is the write speed thing a myth or what?

Ok so I decided to actually use a stopwatch to see how long my 128GB took from pushing the start button to the home menu showing up. It took 11 seconds.

I also timed the amount of time to startup Pokemon Sun (6 Seconds), SSB4 (13 seconds), and Fire Emblem Fates (6 seconds). I included the "3DS" screen in these times.

contingences

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Got no real delay with 64gb (5 sec for a cold boot, but i start the n3DS only once a day so I can deal with it :P ). Pokemon Sun start in less than 2 sec.
I must add that i used Luma3DS to « overclock » the n3DS but I don’t know if it’s important or not in this case.

Reactions: Aristox-0

Aristox-0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had a 128gb with no problem until I used some inject GBA VC which get issues on displays (it’s documented somewhere). Revert back to 64, problem gone. If you don’t mind to play gba games, you don’t need to worry.

So you've got not issues injecting GBA on the 64? What about SNES?

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a 128GB Samsung EVO+ with about 20Gb free, a little over 200 titles installed. Cold start is about 15 seconds, the only annoyance is GBA VC games take over 30 seconds to load. I haven't had any issues with injected FFVI, is there something I have to do or a point in the game I have to reach to cause the glitch?

smurfsmasher89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by whats the biggest, i mean whats the biggest size past 32gb that you have everything working on.
some people partitioned an sd card to get more space, but has it ever failed beyond a certain point of space filled?

I gots the 128gb samsung evo microsd working on the N3ds xl no probs and ive used over 32gb of space on it and it still works purrfectly

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I use a 128GB Samsung EVO+ with about 20Gb free, a little over 200 titles installed. Cold start is about 15 seconds, the only annoyance is GBA VC games take over 30 seconds to load. I haven't had any issues with injected FFVI, is there something I have to do or a point in the game I have to reach to cause the glitch?
mine doesnt take long at all to load and i have the same card, im also using an overclocked N3ds xl though. if your running armloaderhax try using the overclock setting maybe that'll help

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I now have a 200GB Micro SD card working without issue have about 135 GB filled on it too. It didn't work initially after my original format and I thought that the 200 GB card wasn't going to work, but then I formatted it to fat32 a second time (didn't change anything as I could recall), and that seemed to do the trick in getting it to work. Everything loads very quickly as well (just about 300 titles installed). Card type is: SanDisk 200GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card, cost about $80 at Walmart, no complaints.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think 1tb sd would work i only use 32 cuz i dont need all that space

In theory just about any (micro)SD card should work, as long as you can properly format it to fat32. As of now MicroSD cards only get as large as 256GB, so N3DS will not be able to test up to 1TB of storage at this time. My understanding is that standard SD cards can be bought in sizes of 1TB (perhaps even higher) though they are costly to say the least. If someone had one they could test it on an O3DS that can still accept the physically larger SD card size, but I really doubt anyone has one of those lying around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!