zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well i've always been a big fan of homebrew apps on the NDS so i might as well give PSP homebrew APPS NOT games, a try.
I already have PSPtube and thats pretty awesome, letting me watch videos and stuff on-the-fly.
So what are some interesting homebrew apps with cool features, i heard there was a war-driving app, god knows what that is and there was one to supposedly crack WEP, which sounds dangerous to my PSP but whatever....
What i already have
1)PMPplayer (awesome media player)
2) PSPtube (stream video from various sites)
3) Irshell (i only use it for the cool IR remote)

Any interesting homebrew apps with cool functionalities is what im looking for
smile.gif
. And I'm not really much of a media buff so PMPplayer should do for movies and whatnot but if there are better ones out there, gimme a holla
biggrin.gif

Any homebrew apps are good. I like practical stuff btw

Plugins are also ok as long as they do something practical

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I can tell you right now that Aircrack PSP does NOT work. I tried it on several routers on several tests, but got nowhere fast. Anyways, PSPKVM is a really nice homebrew app... it's a Java emulator, so you can run Java apps on your PSP, such as Opera Mini for cell phones.

zeromac

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Skyline969 said:
Well, I can tell you right now that Aircrack PSP does NOT work. I tried it on several routers on several tests, but got nowhere fast. Anyways, PSPKVM is a really nice homebrew app... it's a Java emulator, so you can run Java apps on your PSP, such as Opera Mini for cell phones.
Is PSPKVM is a plugin? Whats the benefit for running java, wouldn't that only be for the built in internet browser?

chriso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thepsphq.com
XP
Country
United States
SePlugins - Especially Music.prx (listen to music in game or xmb,browser etc.), Screenshot.prx (screenshot plugin), RemoteJoy.prx (play psp or homebrew on PC screen via usb) etc.

Wifi Controller (Uses psp as PC controller wirelessly)

Netfront High memory browser (much faster browsers, takes total advantage of psps ram)

PSPdisp v 0.4 ( This is one the best homebrews - It uses psp to control pc and uses psp as second monitor - great for pc games)

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
zeromac said:
Skyline969 said:
Is PSPKVM is a plugin? Whats the benefit for running java, wouldn't that only be for the built in internet browser?
No, it's a complete app. Other than the built-in browser, any cell phone app or game you could download can be run on your PSP... possibly real Java programs as well, but I could be wrong.

Rucario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Be sure to check FuSa gamepad, it transforms your PSP into a Plug 'n' Play gamepad. It's very usefull to play old games like S/NES, Master System and Genesis ones.

zeromac

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll give Wifi-controller a shot but it looks i have to install some foreign drivers :s I hoped for it just to be a luanchable .exe file

Can someone get me a link to the newest one? The one i have is like olllddd 0.44 apparently..

Rucario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't have it, but with FuSa gamepad you don't need to install anything, it's plug 'n' play, and very good. You can find it's newest version on pspslimhacks.com.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My understanding is that it turns your psp into a joypad ,so it should work with anything that supports them. Or you could use joy2key or xpadder to then bind the psp keys to a keyboard key.

zeromac

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well FuSa gamepad was a bust, i don't like it, you can't turn the dam thing off, you have to actually shut down your PSP...

And not cwcheats..thats not very...practical..

Any other suggestions?

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note: I'm on 5.50 GEN-D3
I'm posting every app that I use (and believe me, it took me hours and hours of testing and comparing to get the best of the best);

music.prx
popsloader.prx
cxmb.prx
CheatMaster.prx
PSP CheatUp v0.50
PSP Filer Ver.6.6

Below is a list of what each of these do, in case you're wondering.
-music.prx is used to play music from the MUSIC folder on the Memory Stick while playing a game. It can also mute the music from the game you're playing (unless it's some homebrew; for some reason, it won't work).
-popsloader.prx is used to use old firmware .prxs for PS games you run. So if a PS game isn't working right on your current firmware, you can use older/newer firmware .prxs to fix the problem.
-cxmb.prx is used to add custom theme files to the PSP XMB. Certain themes will only work with certain CFWs.
-CheatMaster.prx is used to run cheats on ISOs and UMDs, take screenshots, load and save states, and so much more! Make sure to get the English version! Install cheats with...
-PSP CheatUp v0.50! It downloads the cheat database from an online server in a .zip format, and allows you to install cheats onto select cheat plug-ins, including CheatMaster!
-PSP Filer Ver.6.6 allows you to modify almost all of your files on your Memory Stcik, UMD, Flash0 and Flash1! It's also a UMD ripper, .jpg viewer, .txt viewer, and a lot more!

DreamTrooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
most homebrew apps go unfinished, there are few that really are interesting unless you want a specific job done, most are just enhanced versions of things the psp already does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: "Oh my God the graphics are so realistic looking." Lol of course it was the shiznit back then tho.