What's a good key combination for a global hotkey?

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm trying to set up a global hotkey for Discord's toggle mute function. I've been using Ctrl + Shift + M up until now, which didn't have many conflicts (only in Chrome, it toggles the user menu), but I'd like to switch to something that has even less or no conflicts with other programs.
Reachability doesn't matter, since I'm gonna be assigning it to a macro key.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you are assigning it to a macro why not go for one of the unicode buttons, F keys beyond F12 or something similar you can assign with all those

Reactions: smileyhead

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
If you are assigning it to a macro why not go for one of the unicode buttons, F keys beyond F12 or something similar you can assign with all those

This is a good idea! …Now I just have to figure out how to execute it.
I've managed to set one of my macro keys to Ctrl + F24 through text editing the config file and it shows up as Ctrl + F24 in the mapping program…however, Discord seems to recognise it as Ctrl + Alt + N. Odd.

EDIT: Correction—it only shows up as Ctrl + Shift + N in the settings page. It doesn't actually seem to press Ctrl + Shift + N, because manually inputting that on my keyboard brings up the ‘Create a Server’ dialogue, while pressing the macro key works as intended.

EDIT 2: I figured out, why. It actually inputs AltGr + N…

Last edited by smileyhead,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1