Hardware What would you like to see Nintendo do?

gnmmarechal

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I'm sure we all are tired of *cough* stability *cough* updates by now. I sure am. Let's make a list of features they should add that actually add functionality to the 3DS as opposed to enhancing stability to the point of being able to make a super-stable 3D shack!

Software:
  • Region-free (at least for cartridges)
  • Free custom themes (I mean, the PSP did have those, even without CFW)
  • Taking screenshots in all games / taking screenshots locally
  • Adding more than 3 WiFi connections (I mean, the PSP had this....)
  • Acting as a controller for the Switch
  • Improve 3DS Settings UI
  • Improve NNID system
  • Remove 100 friends limit
  • Remove 300 titles limit
  • Remove 100 themes limit
  • Allow for more than 1 account per system
Other:
  • Include a USB charging cable
  • Sell a USB charging cable

Last edited by gnmmarechal,

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
- The ability to save screenshots locally for all games rather than going through Miiverse, which only supports some games and requires an Internet connection.
- Allowing more than 3 Wi-Fi hotspots to be saved.
- Having a "Switch Controller" feature that lets the 3DS be paired with the Nintendo Switch and act as an extra JoyCon.

Last edited by NekoMichi,
Reactions: smileyhead

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
The ability to save screenshots locally for all games rather than going through Miiverse, which only supports some games and requires an Internet connection.
HOLY SHIT
Maybe it's a screenshot button? :O

Untitled.png

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
HOLY SHIT
Maybe it's a screenshot button? :O
View attachment 67539
Could be. Hopefully it's like the PS4's Share button and can both take screenshots and record gameplay footage. Though given Nintendo's history of making copyright claims against YouTube videos that have their game music in the background, if they ever added screen recording it probably won't have any audio, or just not record the music stream.

Last edited by NekoMichi,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm sure we all are tired of *cough* stability *cough* updates by now. I sure am. Let's make a list of features they should add that actually add functionality to the 3DS as opposed to enhancing stability to the point of being able to make a super-stable 3D shack!

• Region-free (at least for cartridges)

I would love to see it. I bet you 2 cents that it won't happened. Why Nintendo didn't do that is beyond me as well. Look at PS3 and PS4.. Nintendo refused to do that. Sighing.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Could be. Hopefully it's like the PS4's Share button and can both take screenshots and record gameplay footage. Though given Nintendo's history of making copyright claims against YouTube videos that have their game music in the background, if they ever added screen recording it probably won't have any audio, or just not record the music stream.
I know, right? My video about Loadiine is being monetized by Nintendo cuz it uses some footage of Paper Mario :D

Even after I removed the sound, the "visual content" still is claimed by them x.x

It's funny. They're making money (welp 2 cents maybe) off Loadiine x.x

Reactions: NekoMichi

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
* include a USB cable with new units.
* officially sell USB cables for older units.
* design new units with more rounded corners for far better ergonomics (PSP / Vita hardware designers have a clue)
* make countless small changes to 3DS Settings screens to make usability better

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make a c-stick nub that does not get destroyed by monster hunter. mine is not going to take another monster hunter. i prefer to use the camera and not the auto lock on. full camera control when fighting a monster is whats up.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
- region free cartridges
- having an "universal" NNID/system network that doesn't suck (I can't imagine owning a Wii U for this reason as well)
- rounding off corners/rough edges
- not releasing fifty limited edition consoles a year
- official usb charging cables (yes, I can get one at the local chinese mall for cheap, but I don't wanna go and have to brave the crowds)
- better Nintendo online store service - I had to recently cancel an order, and I couldn't find a way to do that online! I had to phone them up to do so...(I had the number on my phone from a parental control unlock I had to do).

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acting as a controller for the Switch
This would probably be better handled as a separate (free) eShop app, rather than a firmware feature. I mean, the Smash Controller feature isn't a part of the firmware; you need to download the app (or Smash; I forget whether it's a free app or part of Smash3DS).

As for everyone saying "USB charging cable", "redesign the ergonomics of the system", and stuff like that, that's kind of beyond the scope of this thread, which is about firmware updates adding features we would like to see, instead of just squashing exploits. You can't download a charger, and unless the 3DS is made of nanomachines it's not going to change shape physically due to an update.

gnmmarechal

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
This would probably be better handled as a separate (free) eShop app, rather than a firmware feature. I mean, the Smash Controller feature isn't a part of the firmware; you need to download the app (or Smash; I forget whether it's a free app or part of Smash3DS).

As for everyone saying "USB charging cable", "redesign the ergonomics of the system", and stuff like that, that's kind of beyond the scope of this thread, which is about firmware updates adding features we would like to see, instead of just squashing exploits. You can't download a charger, and unless the 3DS is made of nanomachines it's not going to change shape physically due to an update.
Yes, I meant updates, but oh well, might as well add the others. Not like an official USB charger isn't nice.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Ability to add more then 100 friends,why on earth i can't add more then 100 friend?
Remove 300 app limits.
Remove 100 theme limits.

Real profile system that i can store my games i bought so i want have black dreams if my 3DS is stolen or bricked.

Ability to add and use more then one account on the device (this is easier then putting several eshop regions on one account).

Last edited by aos10,

jtvjan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I mean, the Smash Controller feature isn't a part of the firmware; you need to download the app (or Smash; I forget whether it's a free app or part of Smash3DS)

Both. You can download an app for $0.99 or select it in the game's menu.

Attachments

• IMG_2989.JPG
    IMG_2989.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: gnmmarechal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo