Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Ninja Commando on the Atari 800:
ninja_commando_2.png

You could just copy the cassette tape to another and eventually we knew someone that could copy the huge floppy discs which was awesome at the time!

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I feel really old now but it was more than likely some old gameboy games back when that was a thing, had one of those 52 in 1 cartridges back in the early 90s. It was either that or the old on games that used to run on tapes, I remember you used to be able to easily copy those, Battle chess all the way

Last edited by yusuo,
D

Deleted User

OP
Minecraft. I remember because I grabbed a copy of my brother, who then bought it and I had to buy it a few years later.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ninja_commando_2.png

You could just copy the cassette tape to another and eventually we knew someone that could copy the huge floppy discs which was awesome at the time!

Yeah I was like 10 years old when Bart vs space mutants came out and I figured out I could duplicate the contents of a floppy disc to another to have my own copy. I don't know why I did it, I just did! I have very vivid memories of doing that, and prior to that I had grown up with a BBC micro and had "technology" lessons at primary school playing Martello towers, Geordie racer, and some plotting/drawing game with a plastic tortoise, I guess I was exposed to computers very early on thinking about it!

Really showing my age here:

turtle2.jpg

mh123hack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
my first pirated game were ds games why not 1 is because i downloaded a collection of 20.
i used the fcard with 2 gb place.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
ninja_commando_2.png

Cassettes were neat, especially when you had multiple games on one tape. You had to wind to the correct place on the tape (which you could tell by checking the counter), then load until it reached the end point (each game had the "length" noted on the case) and stop the loading manually because the player didn't have any automatic end of file recognition :lol:
And everything took so..... long............. to................. load......................

A local radio show used to broadcast computer programs that you could tape and then load and run :lol:
"And now, an hour of screeching noises. Remember to press 'record' at the tone, and stop recording at the exit tone."

Reactions: KiiWii

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Uh. This was a long time ago. I purchased monkey island, I remember that. I had a copy of worms and doom for DOS. I think those were "pirated". There were no internet back then, so we exchanged info in floppy disks. When the data CD first arrived, we made collections of games dumped from the floppy disks. Most of them are missing or corrupted by now. Great days.

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Maaaany years ago my first pirated game was in a 1 GHz Intel atom PC with 512 mb RAM and 40 GB HDD (windows xp) running a pirated copy of yoshis island on a GBA emualator although I lost the original one.
From there I become a pirate downloading a gigantic archive of GBA and SNES ROMs, and later when I got a Wii and softmodded it got loads of wbfs files. That in 2011. From there I became obsessed with PC gaming and started collecting PC games. My current library stands at 2 TB in total (Wii+SNES+news+GB+GBC+GBA+nds+n64+GC+Wii+PC)

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It was Fire Emblem Fates, but I didn't feel bad because it wasn't available back then and I'm going to buy it anyway because retail :)

vinipeix

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Crash Bandicoot 1 & 2
Tomb Raider 1 & 2
Area 51
Resident Evil 1
Klonoa
A tank game (dunno its name)
A racing game, (dunno its name)

When I got my playstation back in 98, it came already hardmodded with some discs
I didn't had any original game for that console (I was a kid lol)

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Probably Sonic Adventure DX on my mother's old Pc :P
My first Console was the Dreamcast, and I used to play Sonic Adventure on it, back then I was crazy for Sonic.
Everytime my mother was at work, I used to go to her Pc and watch Gameplay videos of SA1 and SA2. But the thing was that she had a password on that pc :rofl2:
So I used to look at her typing the password to find it out:ph34r: She always said I should look away but I didn't:tpi:
Then after watching the Intro level of SA1 more times then I can count, I decided to download it. I just typed Sonic Adventure DX free download pc into google and downloaded it off somewhere :rofl2: After that I accidentally clicked on "Use Ask as main search engine" and I didn't know how to get it off since I was only like 6 or something. Then I played it like crazy even when my mum was home, but I did it at night :ph34r:
That was a great moment in my life. I experienced piracy for the first time.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
It was Fire Emblem Fates, but I didn't feel bad because it wasn't available back then and I'm going to buy it anyway because retail :)
You should only feel bad for being a pirate if you killed someone because of piracy :)

I remember receiving an illegal copy of Pokemon Ruby from my cousin. I remember spending hours and hours on my first laptop emulating the game.

The first game I actually pirated though was Megaman Starforce 2: Zerker X Ninja (or was it the other way around?) back in 2011, I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1