Oldies Others What was your first game console?

SylverReZ

80s/90s Commodore Fanatic
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to know what console you grew up with back in the day. I'll go first. I grew up with the GBA that my dad bought me and his PS1 from Christmas of 1997. I played a lot of Gran Turismo and Crash Bandicoot on there.

SylverReZ

80s/90s Commodore Fanatic
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My currrently broken 3ds xl and a PS2
I had a 3DS on my birthday after it had launched, too bad it broke ages ago. Now I got the exact same model from many years ago, fully modded. :D

AkiraKurusu

Stratospheric Thunder!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think mine was my PS2 Slim, but it also could've been my black DS Lite; I've long forgotten the exact order. Either way, I loved LEGO Star Wars 1 and 2, and Pokémon Pearl, as a kid! Also Ben 10: Protector of Earth.

ClipperDefiance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first system I ever played was my dad's model 2 Genesis (with Sega CD), which he gave to my mom after he bought a PlayStation. The first handheld I personally owned was a dandelion Game Boy Color that I got for my fifth birthday and the first console I owned was a black Nintendo 64 that I got for Christmas in 2000.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First handheld was a Gameboy Pocket, the clear one. Parents got me that with Mole Mania (still have to this day!) and Game and Watch Gallery.
First actual TV Console, was an original PS1, with Bubble Bobble/Rainbow Islands

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Go back 3-5 years before that one, and you'll find another. Go back 3-5 years before that one, and ...

My cousin got an Atari Pong for Christmas one year, and it ruined my Christmas. My aunt, uncle, and cousin came to our house for Christmas dinner that year, and they brought the Pong, and a small TV set to play it on, with them. Show offs. A year later, when I was in sixth grade, I got an Atari 2600. It was the six button, i.e. "Heavy Sixer" model. My mother sold it off in a yard sale when I was in college.

During jr. high and high school I had a friend with an Intellivision, and another with an Atari 800. But my "gaming" during that time was mostly at the arcade and the pizza shop. I was decent at Galaxian and Pole Position. The NES didn't come out in the US until I was a freshman in college, and it was another year or so after that before most people my age figured out that it wasn't "just for kids."

Tarmfot

Trophies
XP
Country
Montserrat
I would like to know what console you grew up with back in the day. I'll go first. I grew up with the GBA that my dad bought me and his PS1 from Christmas of 1997. I played a lot of Gran Turismo and Crash Bandicoot on there.
First a color cartdridge based pong console.
Then Spectrum 48k but is a microcomputer.

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Got an N64 with Diddy Kong Racing for christmas 1997 and I still have it CIB. I had some experience with gaming on Windows 95, my brother's C64 and Game & Watch (Fire) but it was the N64 that really turned me into a "gamer".

Reactions: Blythe93

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Grew up with an Atari 2600 under the TV, but yeah that was my mum & dads really... originally a wooden one which broke, then went on to the plastic smaller one, which again broke, so dad bought a 7800... by that time I was getting old enough to be sick of that stuff haha, and eventually saved up birthday money etc and got a NES - my actual first console. Turns out the SNES came out 3 months later so I upgraded to one of those later that year, traded in as I was skint/at college at the time! (So only had the NES for about 6 months)

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs: @Xdqwerty