What was the first console/device you modded/hacked?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 7,346
  • Replies 108
  • Likes 1

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
What version of CM was it?
I got CM11 on it first, then 12. Then went back to eleven, because let's be honest here, Lollipop wasn't meant to run on 1GB of RAM.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It was slow as balls with twelve.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Ah. My first was CM 9. I'm running 13 on my current phone.
I have a Zenfone 2 500CL currently, and I even unlocked the bootloader, but there's still no CM love for it, even though almost all the other models have it by now.

Deleted member 386348

local death grips enthusiast
Trophies
XP
I have a Zenfone 2 500CL currently, and I even unlocked the bootloader, but there's still no CM love for it, even though almost all the other models have it by now.
Aww, RIP

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, ZooA doesn't have a release, only nightly, like my surnia

Reactions: smileyhead

drabag

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The first one was the Super Nintendo in 1994 with a AD29 game converter to play FFIII US on a PAL console...
The first Playstation in 1995-96 with a boot CD to play burnt games.
Then, a GBA SP with EZ-flashcart 256Mb, that made me sign in GBATemp in 2002 :yaysp::P
All soft, but all good ! :yay:

Chris313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I started with a wii then rooted my phone the traditional way not by kingoroot right now a ps2 I have a GameCube but I'm not gonna bother modding it cause I have a wii.By modding a pc wat do u mean like building a custom one or?

exdeath255

Trophies
Website
www.com
XP
Country
Canada
not really a mod but i used to swap trick my ps1 to play burned games. [play a real game then swap disks at a certain point at boot ]
also i freemcboot my ps2 using another swap trick [used 007 plus a burned hacked copy to load a level then swap when loading level].

SOFT MODS:
psp 3.55 m33 cfw [now have GO 6.20 pro]
ps3 phat 3.55 rebug when it came out.
wii....nuff said
n3dsxl a9lh 11u and a a9lh small white 11j as well
psvita phat 3.18 waiting for hacks and ff12 QQ

HARDMOD:
xbox 360 jtag when it came out at first but it got red rings and i wanted to play online without worry so i just trashed it.

Last edited by exdeath255,

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Does using a flash cart count? If so, the NDS Phat. I paid $100 for my 1GB flash cart. Otherwise, the Wii. I did it when the Twilight Hack came out. There wasn't any good homebrew back then, and I remember I originally didn't want to install the HBC, so I kept using the Twilight Hack.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does using a flash cart count? If so, the NDS Phat. I paid $100 for my 1GB flash cart. Otherwise, the Wii. I did it when the Twilight Hack came out. There wasn't any good homebrew back then, and I remember I originally didn't want to install the HBC, so I kept using the Twilight Hack.
Holy shit you got ripped off!

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as someone else doing the work I sent my PS1 to have a modchip put in it in 1998 I think. Then I had others do the same for PS2, Xbox etc...It wasn't until around 2011 that i softmodded a different Xbox I had. Since then I've softmodded Wii, PS2 (Free Mcboot), Wiiu (not really any modding just Loadiine), 3DS and PSP. But I've still had other people flash my 2 Xbox 360s and recently rgh one of my 360s.

Last edited by ,

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first device hacked was my Wii. This was in late 2015 tho, so it really didn't take any braining...
My o3DSXL was the first hacked device I was proud of

Serath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine was a psp 1000 that i installed a CFW to when i was 9, i remember how annoying it was to get the proper files for the "magic" memory stick, and to remember which pin on the battery i had to cut in order to make it a pandora battery...

Same, however I never got a Pandora battery, I was broke af back then. Way later on I installed cfw on my 3ds, which I later removed because I wanted access to the Eshop, to buy games & download demos. And I'm not a pirate with a gateway device...

D

Deleted User

OP
Same, however I never got a Pandora battery, I was broke af back then. Way later on I installed cfw on my 3ds, which I later removed because I wanted access to the Eshop, to buy games & download demos. And I'm not a pirate with a gateway device...
i had no money either, i was 9... i had to convert a normal battery into a pandora battery

Lightyose

True Light
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, My first hacked console was the Wii, That was like 3 years ago (I don't remember) But even before that, the PSP was hacked by my sister and some friend, thats when the curiosity killed the cat, looking for an answer to this question "Can I play free games?" But I got my first (Black) Wii Bricked :sad::hateit:

Last edited by Lightyose,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?