Gaming What was Nintendo's best E3 thus far?

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I heard '04 was generally well received. Everyone's seen the meltdown at the reveal of Twilight Princess.

First time I actually followed E3 was in '09. As a Mario fan, it was a friggin' awesome year. (New Super Mario Bros. Wii AND Super Mario Galaxy 2)

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember watching E3 2006 live for the first time. It was amazing seeing the game for the Wii for the first time and THAT Smash Bros Brawl trailer. It was also the moment when just showing the logo for Starfox DS and Yoshi's Island 2 made me so giddy with excitement (but sadly the games were meh when they were eventually released).

Nintendo's E3 2007-2008 was meh in general because of the restructuring but I think E3 2012 where they tried to sell us the Wii U but they were focusing on Nintendoland for almost 80% of the presentation.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How times have changed.. Nintendo used to make great games and consoles but now they're moving towards smartphones, with their own Skylanders and shorter games plus locked content to physical DLC (amiibos).
I don't understand... Let's say Nintendo tried to develop a new open Mario adventure, a new Metroid Prime, and a new Animal Crossing all alongside the Wii U Zelda game they're working on (like they did in 2002). Even if, lets say, the Metroid flops, and the Animal Crossing is delayed, they'd still have a single fantastic game coming out this year, which is more than they can say today. Of course Nintendo wants to take time and only work on IPs when they have good ideas for them, but they aren't going to release anything at all if they don't take risks. It's like they aren't even trying anymore.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-