Hacking What to do when selling a modded Wii U

ReBirFh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm planning to sell my Wii U after backing up my saves from WiiU/VWii and replacing the gamepads LCD (the left part is darkened for some reason but the touch isn't affected).

Questions I have:

1. What are the best tools nowadays to backup the saves from Wii U and from the vWii?
2. Is there any way to delete the user/mii from the main account or lock it in a way that can't be used maliciously by the new owner without bricking or lose the mod? I don't want to throw alway my account in case I get a switch in the future.
3. Are the save dumps from vWii/Wii U compatible with Dolphin or Cemu?

4. Is there a simple tutorial with how to instructions for new owners of a modded wii (like how to backup or add games)? (kinda useful for people who left the scene a long time ago or who plans to sell)

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
1. What are the best tools nowadays to backup the saves from Wii U and from the vWii?
For wii u, SaveMii. For wii/vwii, savegame manager gx.

2. Is there any way to delete the user/mii from the main account or lock it in a way that can't be used maliciously by the new owner without bricking or lose the mod? I don't want to throw alway my account in case I get a switch in the future.
Deleting/removing the account (i think you use haxchi/cbhc), removes haxchi/cbhc.

Wii u saves are compatible with cemu. And the same counts for dolphin i think. But i'm not sure to 100%.

4. Is there a simple tutorial with how to instructions for new owners of a modded wii (like how to backup or add games)? (kinda useful for people who left the scene a long time ago or who plans to sell)
Install games with wup installer. That's all.

Reactions: ReBirFh

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'll probably have to create a save on the emulators before you can inject your actual saves. the reason I say that is they need to be indexed. afaik, system config tool is the only app that will copy over the indexed information including artwork. still won't be indexed if you copy it over, but making a new save is easy as anyone knows. :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
For wii u, SaveMii. For wii/vwii, savegame manager gx.

Deleting/removing the account (i think you use haxchi/cbhc), removes haxchi/cbhc.

Wii u saves are compatible with cemu. And the same counts for dolphin i think. But i'm not sure to 100%.

Install games with wup installer. That's all.
And if you are using CBHC and you delete the account it actually bricks the console. So don't do that :P
I'm planning to sell my Wii U after backing up my saves from WiiU/VWii and replacing the gamepads LCD (the left part is darkened for some reason but the touch isn't affected).

Questions I have:

I suggest formatting the console once you are done backing everything up. Make sure you uninstall CBHC first if you have it. Savegame Manager GX can also backup Miis from vWii.

ReBirFh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks guys and gals!! I kinda want to leave it unlocked for the new owner. If I dont give my password, can they retrieve it somehow or do something bad? Wii U hack was the one that uses a legit DS game (Brain Age).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately, there's no way to delete tickets aside from manually deleting them. they'll remain even after formatting. games won't but tickets will. it's just like the 3ds.

ReBirFh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just to update. Savemii did save me, I was able to recover every save from my WiiU and Wii. I haven't tested the WiiU ones but all my Wii saves are working, I will finally be able to start Metroid Prime 3 and finish the trilogy (had a 100% save on Metroid Prime 1 and 2).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1