OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello,
I'm quite sure that I haven't posted anything here before, but you've got to start somewhere right? Anyway, I have been thinking lately about buying a Nintendo DS Lite and a flashcart for it (I currently own a GBA Micro with an EFA-Linker) but just like the GBA Flash Scene there's a whole jungle of products to choose from. I have been looking at the G6 3rd Generation lately, and it seems like that is the best choice since it's really discrete, seems to have a really good compatibility and lots of upgrades. Also I was quite amazed when I saw that it's even possible to download movies onto your G6 card for both your GBA and NDS. From what I have understand the G6 is pretty much ready to go when I buy it, all I need besides the G6 is a Passcard 3, right? (or a FlashMe "operation").

Now I understand that you get alot of these posts from people, and that it can be somewhat frustrating to answer them over and over again, but I looked for some "Help me choose a card"-topics and couldn't find anyones (maybe I've should've looked a little bit closer..). Basicly I want to know which card you would recommend me - I want something that doesn't destroy the esthetical apperance of the NDS but also has a great compatibility of games and much space.

So my two questions are:

# What flashcart can you recommend me? (Need something that doesn't "stick out" etc. Please give me some pro's/con's too.)
# Do most cards need the Passcard 3?

I appreciate all the help I can get.
bow.gif

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It will help with the sticking out part if you could tell us what DS you have? An older Phat DS or the newer DS Lite.

All slot 2 (GBA slot) cards require a passme device or flashme to operate. The Passcard 3 is not compatible with all slot 2 flashcarts.

Pundan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks to the both of you. After some careful reading I have decided that the G6 probably is the choice for me. It seems like the compatibility is great and the fact that it can play GBA games is a big plus as well since I can sell my Gameboy Micro then.

narius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just make sure that you only want 512mb of ram because that is what comes built in to the g6 lite and you can't upgrade it.

If you do want to upgrade it then go for the m3 lite.

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
No, G6 just has a 512MB memory... no more or less. It can't be changed no matter what but G6 is fast and has no slowdowns. Only some homebrew don't work well with it but the rest is just perfect.

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just make sure that you only want 512mb of ram because that is what comes built in to the g6 lite and you can't upgrade it.

So if I go with the G6 I can expect more slowdowns rather if I'd go with the M3?

I'm not sure if I understand your question but you won't have more slowdowns with the G6 Lite. Because the M3 has the ability to have more memory it can hold more games. The G6 Lite is limited to 512 MB since the memory is built in. You would have to buy memory as a seperate purchase if you bought the M3.

Pundan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

So if I go with the G6 I can expect more slowdowns rather if I'd go with the M3?

I'm not sure if I understand your question but you won't have more slowdowns with the G6 Lite. Because the M3 has the ability to have more memory it can hold more games. The G6 Lite is limited to 512 MB since the memory is built in. You would have to buy memory as a seperate purchase if you bought the M3.
Oh, ok I understand then! You mean the 4Gbit card, the memory can't be upgraded. I understand that, if I actually will have to upgrade that earlier on I just have to buy a M3 with a 16Gbit Compact Flash I guess
biggrin.gif
Anyway, I just want to tell you all that I just placed a bid on a G6 3rd Gen (Unused, it's actually a company selling it) along with a Passcard 3. The auction ends in 19 hours and I sure hope I win that. If so, I guess I have to buy a DS aswell
biggrin.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Oh, ok I understand then! You mean the 4Gbit card, the memory can't be upgraded. I understand that, if I actually will have to upgrade that earlier on I just have to buy a M3 with a 16Gbit Compact Flash I guess
biggrin.gif
Anyway, I just want to tell you all that I just placed a bid on a G6 3rd Gen (Unused, it's actually a company selling it) along with a Passcard 3. The auction ends in 19 hours and I sure hope I win that. If so, I guess I have to buy a DS aswell
biggrin.gif

Good luck on this actually going through, if it's ebay most likely it'll be yanked.

Pundan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Good luck on this actually going through, if it's ebay most likely it'll be yanked.
Nah, it's not Ebay it was a Swedish auction site. But some a**hole bid me over with 1 SEK.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1