Hacking What should I know before getting a R4 Card

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
You need it for NTRboothax or just playing DS games?
If only for DS games then you are fine, you only need to put certain folder in the SD card, not really sure if this card can be flashed with NTRboothax.

Last edited by aos10,

PixelatedIvan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need it for NTRboothax or just playing DS games?
If only for DS games then you are fine, you only need to put certain folder in the SD card, not really sure if this card can be flashed with NTRboothax.
It is just for playing DS games, I have no intention in homebrew at the moment

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China
two thousand and something stamp? get the hell out of here.
timebomb alert

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Lilith Valentine you need to see this
Only the r4isdhc.com cards have timebombs, and most sellers (Like tech 3ds, and nds-card) confirm - this has no timebomb.
It's an ace3ds plus, supposedly.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is just for playing DS games, I have no intention in homebrew at the moment
Get a card that's compatible with NTRboot like the r4i gold 3ds rts. Even if you don't want homebrew now, you probably will later. The card I mentioned is only $20 and can do anything any other card can do. Real time saves (save states) in DS games, cheats, DS homebrew, etc. Even if you decide in the end you don't want homebrew or CFW, maybe your card can help someone else get it. CFW is great, though. Especially for emulators.

http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

PixelatedIvan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get a card that's compatible with NTRboot like the r4i gold 3ds rts. Even if you don't want homebrew now, you probably will later. The card I mentioned is only $20 and can do anything any other card can do. Real time saves (save states) in DS games, cheats, DS homebrew, etc. Even if you decide in the end you don't want homebrew or CFW, maybe your card can help someone else get it. CFW is great, though. Especially for emulators.

It's 30 dollars in Canada, which is where I come from lmao, I am kind of on a tight budget.

btw, Do any of you know where you can download the kernal for this card lol

http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149[/QUOTE]

r4isdhc-dual-core-card-for-3ds-dsi-dsl-ds.jpg

Last edited by PixelatedIvan,

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's 30 dollars in Canada, which is where I come from lmao, I am kind of on a tight budget.

btw, Do any of you know where you can download the kernal for this card lol

http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
r4isdhc-dual-core-card-for-3ds-dsi-dsl-ds.jpg
I'd still suggest saving up and getting one of the cards that is compatible with NTRboot. CFW is amazing and can be used for way more than just piracy. You'll thank yourself later. As far as getting the kernal for the R4 SDHC card, it should come with instructions on where to get the kernal in the box.

PixelatedIvan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://www.3ds-cart.net/en/r4i-sdhc/34-r4isdhc-dual-core-card-for-3ds-dsi-dsl-ds.html
This card?
Or the card they gave you?
If you can, get the R4i Gold.
If you can't, get ace3ds plus or r4isdhc.com.cn[/QUOTE]
Already order lmfao.

I'd still suggest saving up and getting one of the cards that is compatible with NTRboot. CFW is amazing and can be used for way more than just piracy. You'll thank yourself later. As far as getting the kernal for the R4 SDHC card, it should come with instructions on where to get the kernal in the box.
There will always most likely be another way to anyways, I really do not need homebrew lol

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Reactions: MadMageKefka

PixelatedIvan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There will always most likely be another way to anyways, I really do not need homebrew lol

Dumping game saves, emulators, modding games, piracy with working online, homebrew games, video streaming, cheats, and tons more reasons. if you don't want it though, that's your choice. I find it very odd that you have an interest in pirating DS games, but not installing CFW to your 3ds. Whatever works for you, though.

As far as there being another way to hack 3ds... I doubt it. Possible, but very unlikely. Since NTRboot works on ALL firmwares, even future updates, its unlikely that any hackers will be searching for more kernal exploits. You could kinda call NTRboot the "final hack."

rip this is the worst card by far
lol, right?

F

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

PixelatedIvan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dumping game saves, emulators, modding games, piracy with working online, homebrew games, video streaming, cheats, and tons more reasons. if you don't want it though, that's your choice. I find it very odd that you have an interest in pirating DS games, but not installing CFW to your 3ds. Whatever works for you, though.

As far as there being another way to hack 3ds... I doubt it. Possible, but very unlikely. Since NTRboot works on ALL firmwares, even future updates, its unlikely that any hackers will be searching for more kernal exploits. You could kinda call NTRboot the "final hack."

lol, right?

F
Eh, idk, I just have no interest in homebrew. There will probably be an exploit by the 3DS' last update which should be in around 2019-20

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, idk, I just have no interest in homebrew. There will probably be an exploit by the 3DS' last update which should be in around 2019-20
What about 3DS piracy? You obviously care about NDS piracy.... As far as there being another exploit when the system dies.... you're just guessing. We already have an exploit that works on EVERY firmware FOREVER. You already ordered the card, though, so it doesn't matter. Hope you don't end up regretting it.

PixelatedIvan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What about 3DS piracy? You obviously care about NDS piracy.... As far as there being another exploit when the system dies.... you're just guessing. We already have an exploit that works on EVERY firmware FOREVER. You already ordered the card, though, so it doesn't matter. Hope you don't end up regretting it.
If I really wanted to homebrew my 3DS I would just buy a gold card separately for it in the future which probs will not happen until the DS is not supported anymore, plus I really care about 3DS multiplayer and too scared of bans

btw I did not pay for it yet tho
YYR2ch6.png

EDIT: I did heard they are working on a exploit for R4iSDHC Dual Core so...

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I really wanted to homebrew my 3DS I would just buy a gold card separately for it in the future which probs will not happen until the DS is not supported anymore, plus I really care about 3DS multiplayer and too scared of bans

btw I did not pay for it yet tho
Ah, I can understand now that you said you are scared of bans. We don't know what caused that massive ban wave a while back, but let me tell you that I have done EVERYTHING to deserve a ban. Piracy on a large scale including using freeshop, using mods online, NTR streaming, and so on..... and I'm still not banned. People that got banned probably did something stupid like play an unreleased game online (pokemon banwave) and forgot.

Either way, as I said before, you clearly don't wanna get the card and you already ordered another one anyway. I'm not trying to convince you at this point, just give information.

EDIT: its also possible to unban yourself on 3ds. You only cant unban NNID stuff, so if you get a NNID ban, you can't use pokemon bank and other apps that require a NNID, but online games will still work fine once you unban. There is also a homebrew pokemon bank you can use offline with CFW that saves everything on the sd card and can do everything the real bank can plus more. So even if that's important to you, a ban doesn't matter.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30