What popular social media sites do you not have accounts on?

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Q: What popular social media sites do you not have accounts on?

A: All of them.

I have an account here, and on a couple other 'discussion board' sites.

Reactions: HellGhast

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I commented here like, 2 years ago.
I did open a Tiktok profile in june last year, but since november I closed almost all my social media profiles: Facebook, Tiktok, Instagram, etc.
I developed depression again last year since, some shit happened, I also suffered anxiety attacks, and my sanity became so fucked up that I did it for the first time in my life. I don't regret it, although I'm disconnected AF from my friends and I don't know almost anything new from them until we meet in person (which normally I don't do, so they must think I'm dead or some shit). I reopened Facebook once by accident, and I opened Messenger for the first time in ages for an emergency last friday, but I still close them again after they serve their purpose.
It was funny at first since I looked for the apps, and kinda developed abstinence syndrome, but it lasted like the first weeks or the first month. Later, everything became much easier.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I’ve also replied to this thread a while back, and the only update I have is that I’m in the modern version of a vicious circle as far as Facebook is concerned. Ever since I replaced my phone, I no longer have a “trusted device” to verify my login attempt, and since I also changed phone numbers, I can’t exactly send myself a verification code either. Logging back in would require me to dig up my old, smashed cellphone from years back and approve a new device, and honestly, I just can’t be bothered. I have been using Twitter more extensively though, and I can’t say that I’ve looked back - Facebook is kind of dead nowadays.

caipora

cheese eating lactose intolerant
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
TikTok or Snapchat
No one uses Snapchat around here and TikTok gives me headache. Also, why the fuck does TikTok users abbreviates it as "ttk" and not "tktk"????

PICOchu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I refuse to use Facebook and TikTok.
Data harvesting and infinite scroll when I’m already hooked on YouTube?
Mmm-mmm. No thanks.

Also, Snapchat. Not a big fan of volatile messages. I like my history.

Reactions: AncientBoi

halfashark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
none. used to be twitter and i stopped using that when ol' musky husky began destroying it to appease his ego. i decided to try it again only to go back and find out i've been locked out. doesn't matter, site's busted anyway if you don't use the app since the browser version is broken rn.

technically i have a mastodon and cohost but those aren't used for social media reasons and more just to post content for a specific thing.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think i have accounts for most of them, because of bullshit like Facebook login, but I don't regularly check them. I once logged into Facebook to see that six months ago a friend tried to contact me to see if they could crash at my place for a night as they were in a bind.

• Wow

LibreNyaa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
librenyaa.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much none, the only non-forum social media I have is a Mastodon account, and a Discord account if that counts. I left Twitter before it was even taken over because I don't like having very many accounts.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Facebook: No
Instagram: No
TikTok: No
Reddit: No
Twitter: No

Some others that might not exactly be "social media" but are popular enough to be included:

Discord: No
YouTube: Yes, do not participate in conversation or upload videos
Snapchat: No
Twitch: No
Pinterest: No
LinkedIn: No
WhatsApp: No

I'm a stodgy old codger. I like local news barely. I miss MySpace.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
The few popular places I don't have an account on:
Tiktok
Instagram
FurAffinity, though it's hard to call that place "popular".
Post automatically merged:

I am not present in any social network - and I am very glad
One could argue that a forum like GBAtemp is a social network.

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
If you count Social Medias that you used to have an account on but have removed it, I'd have the following:

Reddit (never touching it even if I didn't make an account)

Twitter/X (used to have an account since October 2022 but removed it after they're removing the blocking festure and tweaking the muting one)Facebook (I still don't know what how this app works and I personally believe that this app is exclusive for adults only)

Snapchat (didn't want to be trendy with the school students + hate the fact that it notified that you're screenshot ting a message and that your messages automatically delete themselves after a period of time).

Tiktok (I don't want to rot my brain)

MySpace (I've heard that this is a pretty old one but I still don't know how it works and such)

Telegram (Similar app to what'sapp? Idk)

WhatsApp (Created an account but because of the fact that I kept on getting spam everywhere, I deleted it)

And finally, Tumblr. (I have an account but I only have it to look at certain things I can't have access at. No it's not nsfw or any shit like that)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo