Have you ever lived in a vehicle?

Carlitos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. Waiting to go from Army Reserves to Active Army. Was told I had to wait 6 Months before going Active so I could be Proficient in my Job, but they had Civilians doing the Work. Was living out of a 1992 Geo Metro, doing Labor Pool Jobs, and Donating Blood Plasma.
Wow, a Geo Metro? That's doable, but still crazy.

Reactions: Smoker1

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I was homeless for a short while back in the early 1990s and slept in my car for about 3 months.

lol, Atleast you had a car to sleep in. Winters was HELL when I was out there. :sad::(

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll mention this purely because OP mentions caravan parks near a tourist area, two issues to consider are the fees and any living restrictions.

My family had a static caravan as a holiday home at one point but what made my parents sell it was because the fees went up astronomically and it would have required a crane to move, which wasn't worth it.

IIRC you were also only allowed to be there for so long/certain times of the year.

Basically, do your homework before you consider this as a practical fallback plan for day to day living.

Hoopoler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds like a solid backup plan! I haven't personally tried it, but I've heard of folks doing similar stuff. It's a mix of choice and necessity for many, I guess. One unexpected challenge could be the loneliness, especially if you're on the move a lot. As for recommending it, it really depends on your lifestyle and preferences. Just make sure you're prepared for the ups and downs, you know? Good luck, dude!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto