Gaming What makes Super Bomberman R a must own for Bomberman fans/gamers?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 4,435
  • Replies 47
  • Likes 1
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I love playing Mega Bomberman on the Sega MD/Genesis emulator so what exactly will this new Bomberman make it a must buy?

The online play will definitely be interesting but not why I'd buy it in the first place. I just want a bunch of good reasons to make myself get Super Bomberman R for the Switch. :)

Reactions: WiiuGold

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Because when Hudson Soft was bought out back in 2011, all Bomberman games in production were cancelled at the time. Since Konami decided to release some Turbo Grafx16 (PC-Engine for you Japanese folk) games on the virtual console for Wii U just last year. I'm just hyped that Konami is actually giving this series a chance.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah i always like bomberman. I play pretty much all of them, its just a cool game.
It became a must buy for me, so that when im finish with zelda or need some down time from it i will have bomberman to play.
Looking forward to playing it online. Thats someone i really wanted with the other ones.

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait before buying it tho. It's still FucKonami we're talking 'bout. The game might be total crap.

The game is actually being developed by Former Hudsonsoft people AKA Bomberman creators and alot of people who have played it at Switch events love it. It is being published by Konami but it's still being developed by Former Hudsonsoft devs, so it still has the old Bomberman vibe to it.

Last edited by Yami Anubis ZX,
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The game is actually being developed by Former Hudsonsoft people AKA Bomberman creators and alot of people who have played it at Switch events love it. It is being published by Konami but it's still being developed by Former Hudsonsoft devs, so it still has the old Bomberman vibe to it.
Ah, in that case, I guess it's alright, then.

how does one fuck up a bomberman game lmao
The same way Ubisoft fucked tetris

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I preorder it can't beat it for 39.99 :) i use to play them all back in the day . I want to see how online works .
39:99 what Dollars? Pounds. Yen? Quid? I need to know currency! I'm not paying full price for a bomberman game. Especially if is KONAMI, $15 is probably the lowest they can get away with. HUDSON could get away with more. :P

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I admittedly played Bomberman R at the Switch Premiere but it left me with mixed feeling because when it was on the Switch Tablet screen and it looked so tiny, plus, playing with the Joy-Con wasn't really too ideal either (mainly the lack of a real d-pad being the reason).

Thanks for that tidbit of info.

how does one fuck up a bomberman game lmao
Pachinko.

I'm surprised that no one mention Bomberman Act Zero.
I watched a gameplay video of Bomberman Act Zero and man, what a strange game that is!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I played it too with someone else that knew their bomberman. Liked it well enough, though for what I did play not as much as the XBLA bomberman which is my current standard for modern bomberman (though if you can get past the tall bombers then bomberman 2 on the DS is good stuff). That said it seems the drop curves were a bit different (fewer of them but more potent for the game when you did get them).
Got a look at some of the options and it had a few, though far from something like atomic bomberman's insane amount of them. It did have the recovery positions on the edge of the arena which I am not a fan of but can live with. The arena destruction was quite nice and added a bit of a different element.

I would be stunned if it turned out as tight as Saturn or PCE bombermans, though I am not expecting to be anywhere near as divisive as N64 bomberman.

To that end I suppose I would not fault someone for getting it but it will not be anything you can't do with half a hundred emulators right now.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A good online multiplayer Bomberman game has been something we should have had a long time ago, and I can't believe we really don't have such a thing yet. Its probably the most enticing part of this new Bomberman game. Being a launch title it will probably have a good sized online audience as well. Even still $50 for the game is probably $10 to much for what the game is for me. I love Bomberman, but when his games don't have a full fledged adventure mode (I'm talking like the 64 adventures), I can't justify paying that high a price. If it were $40, I'd but it at launch along with Breath of the Wild.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, not for me. I played it on SNES and TurboGrafx. Not addiction and not into it. I will skip it, thought. It doesn't mean anything to me at all.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
it looks shit you got tiny little stages and it looks like it was made for a phone.the ones on the snes are the best ones.
The stages do look tiny and even the screenshots in HD still look small-ish. I dunno, I'm totally happy with this:

38646-Mega_Bomberman_(USA)-3.png

Over this:

813rdm7ww6L._SL1500_.jpg

It's a hardsell.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
39:99 what Dollars? Pounds. Yen? Quid? I need to know currency! I'm not paying full price for a bomberman game. Especially if is KONAMI, $15 is probably the lowest they can get away with. HUDSON could get away with more. :P
15$ for a Switch game? YOU FUNNY MAN YOU
Just turning on Switch will probably soon cost you 15$ if Nintendo continues its absurd prices.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes you have fond memories of X series. But then the parent company gets sold and you think you will never see a X game ever again. But then beyond all hope the new IP holder announces a new title! So what it looks mediocre and comes at an absurd price when you need the money for rent, gas, car, computer, bills, tuition, smart phone? It's X! Sure you can just wait one or two years and it will certainly be cheaper, but if you don't support X on release then surely the new IP holder will never make a new X ever again. The IP is being held hostage and only you can save it!

Most any Bomberman is not very much game. Imagine how much game $60 would get you in a Steam sale? Then remember OH MY GOD new BOMBERMAN game! WOW!

Last edited by Heran Bago,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-