Hacking What is the progress on WiiU hacking? (Not vWii!)

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That cant be as it... HOMEBREW means the dev will have an OPEN DOOR to Wii U Hardware.. and obviously somebody will do it.. there will be one who will going to do it (to make an USB loader or something related to piracy :truestory:) i hate that ¬¬ because i want to see what they are able to do with Wii U Hardware! Imagine a Wii U Media Center for Wii U *0*
The curiosity it has arrived for me, WiiMC was able tu make Wii reads DVDs. I don't think it will work for Wii U but... do you imagine that?

fredajt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everybody, for me it is really important to find a solution at the encrypt proprietary file system of the usb device formated by the Wii U. Personnally, i think it is just unbelivable to no be able to migrate a save from a Wii U to another !!
Sorry for my mediocre English.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody, for me it is really important to find a solution at the encrypt proprietary file system of the usb device formated by the Wii U. Personnally, i think it is just unbelivable to no be able to migrate a save from a Wii U to another !!
Sorry for my mediocre English.

mine is worst xD

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe something like ps3 jailbreak may come to wii sometime. piracy would open scene like it did with ps3 and 3DS.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There probably won't ever be a homebrew solution for the wii u, just like the 3ds, but for completely different reasons

I don't expect to see any public hack for the Wii U, at all, due to the "lack of interest" bullshit. As far as I'm concerned, there shouldn't even be a Wii U hacking section on here, but that's just me. The closest we have is vWii hacking.

D

Deleted User

Im pissed at Fail0verflow because according to what they said hacking the Wii U is easy and they can do it if they wanted to but they wont because not that many people are intersted. All they have to do is give us a homebrew launcher and thats it. Im sure if there was atleast a launcher interest would boom.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im pissed at Fail0verflow because according to what they said hacking the Wii U is easy and they can do it if they wanted to but they wont because not that many people are intersted. All they have to do is give us a homebrew launcher and thats it. Im sure if there was atleast a launcher interest would boom.

Hard to say for sure what's gonna happen.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Suppose you have a homebrew launcher, what will you use to create your homebrew with?
It's a little more complicated (work) than just creating a homebrew launcher.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That ain't upping my self-esteem but reading comments of people being too lazy to even just swap a disc does show humans are trying to do as little as possible.

Get the case, take out the disc, insert in the console and play. It's pretty easy and fast.

Physical > Digital
Or just get the digital version so that you don't clutter your place with unnecessary discs and cases, with the plus of being able to skip the disc swapping and the wearing out of the disc drive, not to mention shorter loading times.

Digital > Physical

And people aren't lazy because they don't see the point in going through unnecessary extra steps. Stop being a douche.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or just get the digital version so that you don't fill your place with unnecessary discs and cases, with the skipping of disc swapping and wearing out the disc drive being a plus.

Digital > Physical

And people aren't lazy because they don't see the point in going through unnecessary extra steps. Stop being a douche.

Digital's only a plus when the game isn't tied to the console, which Wii U games are and are a PITA to recover if your console dies; how Nintendo handles digital is very shitty to say the least. It should tied to an account instead, like Steam, so you don't have to call Nintendo to recover it on a new console. For everything besides Nintendo consoles, digital > physical.

Wildblood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Who knows, maybe they'll release depending on how well the console goes. If sales continue to suck...maybe they'll just let it out as they feel it can't do much more harm and then just let what happens, happen. Honestly though, unless they declare any specific intentions, we just have to assume it'll be a while before anyone does anything.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who knows, maybe they'll release depending on how well the console goes. If sales continue to suck...maybe they'll just let it out as they feel it can't do much more harm and then just let what happens, happen. Honestly though, unless they declare any specific intentions, we just have to assume it'll be a while before anyone does anything.
They went quiet on here.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You mean like the homebrew channel? Which works perfectly fine in vwii mode. And most, if not all, homebrew of the wii works perfectly fine as well. And the libaries and documentation for how to write homebrew work fine as well. And it's not like any homebrew coder abso-freaking-lutely NEEDS the extra hardware to write a hobby project. Unless said hobby project happens to be revolving around certain illegal activity.

So no. Nice try, but no. You've got it exactly backward: the interest has to be there first. But how many projects do you know where the extra horsepower is actually needed? My bet is none. The only one I know is the tri-core linux project, and there hasn't been a post about it yet this year.

I really shouldn't be reading these sorts of threads. It pisses me off. Rather than being grateful for what you do get (for free, no less!), there's passive and aggressive bitching at developers who decide that they have better uses for their free time than hacking a wiiu, building huge libraries and getting everything involved in making an open platform, only for it to be totally ignored for everything but warez loaders.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean like the homebrew channel? Which works perfectly fine in vwii mode. And most, if not all, homebrew of the wii works perfectly fine as well. And the libaries and documentation for how to write homebrew work fine as well. And it's not like any homebrew coder abso-freaking-lutely NEEDS the extra hardware to write a hobby project. Unless said hobby project happens to be revolving around certain illegal activity.

So no. Nice try, but no. You've got it exactly backward: the interest has to be there first. But how many projects do you know where the extra horsepower is actually needed? My bet is none. The only one I know is the tri-core linux project, and there hasn't been a post about it yet this year.

I really shouldn't be reading these sorts of threads. It pisses me off. Rather than being grateful for what you do get (for free, no less!), there's passive and aggressive bitching at developers who decide that they have better uses for their free time than hacking a wiiu, building huge libraries and getting everything involved in making an open platform, only for it to be totally ignored for everything but warez loaders.

Well, some apps, like N64 and PSX emulation since the projects all but died off on the Wii side of things, and haven't been updated in a very long time (barring some mods like Not 64, even then...) then GBA emulation, which is subpar on the Wii due to lack of sufficient power. Before someone says "but we already have enough N64 games running on the Wii", yeah, a whopping 21 games, whoop dee shit. Hate to burst their bubble, but 21 games is not impressive at all, and as far as I'm concerned, Wii64 is dead. Who knows what happened to the Tri-core Linux project though....

And I agree with the second part as well, there are plenty of talented developers who have a lot of potential for Wii U hacking and get things rolling, I don't think anyone has high hopes in seeing the Wii U ever getting hacked.

D

Deleted User

No, I know Homebrew Channel works in vWii, but thats my point. I want a homebrew channel sort of thing in native Wii U mode. Its not a useless thing to do because Wii U is crap loads more powerfull than Wii. That way we can play homebrew and emulators on the gamepad, and homebrew and emulators that will be so much better than the already awesome stuff on Ye Old Homebrew Channel because of the very much improved hardware.

D

Deleted User

Who knows maybe we can get lucky and pray for a Smash Stack 2 with the new smash bros XD I highly doubt it but who knows?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
main thing i wanted homebrew on the wiiu part itself would be for gamepad support, it would be amazing to play VC games, not64,wiisx and preety much every other game using the gamepad since the gamepad should be way more easy to acess due to not being locked on the wiiu menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My youtube comment got 2k likes achievement unlocked