Hacking What is the progress on WiiU hacking? (Not vWii!)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
We live in the 21st century - juggling discs should've stayed in the 20th. I'm with Kikirini on this, loaders are useful specifically for that purpose. Not only that, using backups in general is preferable than using original discs anyways, it preserves the software of today for future generations to enjoy.

Backups? Huh, so you're another supporter of piracy well after all this forum is about console hacking so it shouldn't be a surprise.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Backups? Huh, so you're another supporter of piracy well after all this forum is about console hacking so it shouldn't be a surprise.
I'm a supporter of having the ability to back your software up and use said backups instead of having to tackle DRM on every corner, I believe it's a god given right of every software owner. I don't see anything wrong with using backups - it protects the original medium from damage and it's often times more convenient than using the original medium. Whether or not this right can be abused and lead to piracy is an entirely different story and the moral choice of the individual in question.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, we're still working on it. That was just expressing my annoyance at people accusing fail0verflow of not hacking the Wii U.

I never denied that fail0verflow has lost interest in the Wii U, my point was that JerJer said that they never hacked it in the first place.

Well, fair enough, I do stand corrected. Not sure why he said they never hacked, even I know they did, it's just a damn shame they gave up on it.

I backed up all my Gamecube and Wii discs that legally purchased, therefore, I'm a dirty pirate :creep: I don't see anything wrong with those who legally obtained their games. Some of use no longer have all their games consolidated in one place, and some of us hate switching back and forth, adding wear and tear to the consoles we use, but hey, thanks for lumping everyone into the same group, really appreciate it.

I bought the games, I should have the right to back them up for personal use as I see fit, but that sure as hell doesn't make a me a pirate for backing up what I legally obtained. What they do with their backups is their business and not mine. Don't go around throwing blanket statements and false assumptions everywhere please. If people pirate, that's their deal, not mine.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
There's a difference though, when you legitimately bought it then I agree it's fine to make backups of it but for those that downloaded them illegally they have no right of doing so because they didn't support the original release nor paid for it.

I do intend on ripping all GameCube games I bought to an HDD so that they can be stored on the shelf without using the discs of them again, just for caution as I wouldn't want them in bad shape even though I always try to be as careful as possible with discs.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Backups? Huh, so you're another supporter of piracy

dude this whole site is mainly about piracy they just try to sugar coat it!
if pirating allows me to play a game early and not be bound by them idiotic archaic fucking region codes than damn right I'M A DIRTY PIRATE!!!
smileypirate.gif

elunesgrace

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a supporter of having the ability to back your software up and use said backups instead of having to tackle DRM on every corner, I believe it's a god given right of every software owner. I don't see anything wrong with using backups - it protects the original medium from damage and it's often times more convenient than using the original medium. Whether or not this right can be abused and lead to piracy is an entirely different story and the moral choice of the individual in question.

This this and this.

I have Metroid Prime Trilogy and I hate putting the disc to play one of the games, because I'm worried the disc will eventually wear out. I want to preserve the disc itself.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call me crazy but.. i guess the new summer update will be the most "easy" way to hack wii u.. you know to make an exploit.. beacuse of the "Direct Access to game from Wii U Gamepad withoud passing thru the System Menu" so.. i gues that will be a weak point! :B

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a difference though, when you legitimately bought it then I agree it's fine to make backups of it but for those that downloaded them illegally they have no right of doing so because they didn't support the original release nor paid for it.

I do intend on ripping all GameCube games I bought to an HDD so that they can be stored on the shelf without using the discs of them again, just for caution as I wouldn't want them in bad shape even though I always try to be as careful as possible with discs.

That's precisely why I did it to all my discs, much more convenient and not to mention, a good way to protect the physical media :P Not to mention, I say "f**k region locking" as locking's for pussies as far as I'm concerned :creep:

Reactions: Bladexdsl

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the hack wil be released until the wii u starts blowing up the charts . This could be a play on nintys part . I believe the wii was hacked 2 years after it was released , and at that time it was blowing up the charts

somewhereovertherainbow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never gonna happen because they cannot crack the WiiU. Even though they say they have no interest its really they can't break it and they know it. That's better anyway so now Mario Kart 8 players will have to win from thier skill and not their cheats.
What happened with Smash Bros and Mario Kart Wii was, homebrew, introduced alot more variety like more levels, more characters ect. There wasnt ever any cheating thanks to homebrew.. but.. I guess nintendo can and will, allow more characters/levels in WiiU games, so , maybe homebrewed wii games isnt required.

VampireLordAlucard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fail0verflow has hacked the Wii U completely, but decided not to release anything. Read the following post to understand why:

https://fail0verflow.com/blog/2013/espresso.html

Note that they did release details for enabling tri-core support for Wii homebrew running on the Wii U, and state that they might release something more if significant interest emerged from the tri-core enabling.

D

Deleted User

Personally I can see why there's no real interest. Unless they can unify cores, or offload specific tasks to each core, it's the exact same thing as a Wii. The only way I see it taking off is if somehow they get access to the gamepad where you can use it as a control/display device - until then, the Wii does everything.

Probably doesn't help that sales are way down, and the game list is pretty meager. It's just not an interesting system to take advantage of. They're 100% right though, it's just not worth the effort developing on closed systems anymore. Phones and handhelds do so much in open ecosystems, and don't run the risk of cat/mouse FW patching.

The way I see it, it's just like the Vita

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
tbh there was loads of normall people and devs that showed a big interest in the normall wii. so i dont really understand why there isnt that much of a interest/hype about the 3core stuff. also ide rather the vwii had full capabilitys without having the wii u side modded or hacked at all.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also ide rather the vwii had full capabilitys without having the wii u side modded or hacked at all.

Which is impossible, because the extra memory, new GPU, and DRH are not available in vWii mode, and never will be unless Nintendo allows it or Wii U mode is hacked to the point of running Starbuck kernel-mode code.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so, It can become homebrew without a backup loader, example: an new emulator that emulates PS2. But nothing with Backups Loaders.

That cant be as it... HOMEBREW means the dev will have an OPEN DOOR to Wii U Hardware.. and obviously somebody will do it.. there will be one who will going to do it (to make an USB loader or something related to piracy :truestory:) i hate that ¬¬ because i want to see what they are able to do with Wii U Hardware! Imagine a Wii U Media Center for Wii U *0*

Reactions: BvanBart

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs