What is the current market value of a hard modded V1 Switch

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gosh, I still have my spare launch console bundle sitting upstairs. Bought it as a 1.0 and rented the game to patch it to 3.0 back in the day (before knowing that a 1.0 model was worth more). I know if I was to sell it would be the day my main unit goes and dies, since that is how it works.
What do you mean by "patch it to 3.0"?

peteruk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why not put it up for bid, and start it at $350, cause if peeps bid war over it ya could rake in the bux.

I'll probably put it up for sale on here in the trading section at some point next week, although I've not had much luck selling there before.... I do appreciate all your comments on this thread Jay.

peteruk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right I'm gonna get myself organised this week and take some nice pictures and get it listed for sale on here :)

Thank you to all who've offered their advice on the thread

Reactions: kop365

ryuske7

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I was able to grab a fully modded V1 from eBay at 290€ + 13€ shipping (around 330$ all in all). It came with all the original accessories as well as 128GB MicroSD, but I think I was just super lucky.
I think the resale value should be well around 400$ up to even 600$.

Reactions: peteruk

CloudStrife190100

HaxCommunity
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right I'm gonna get myself organised this week and take some nice pictures and get it listed for sale on here :)

Thank you to all who've offered their advice on the thread

Somebody sold me theirs for £300 2 years ago. The seller though didn't tell me it was banned and everything custom firmware wise was setup on the sysnand itself.

Got another unpatched unit last year before Christmas for £100 tablet and joycons only. The owners got a oled switch and gave me the new white joycons with it

Setup emunand on that one but it's currently sat in a draw collecting dust at the moment considering my Mrs doesn't bother with it anymore lol

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll level with you, before I asked for help and opinions on here I had a solid £200 for the tablet in my mind and would sell it all boxed for £250 but I'm kind of unsure now.

I really don't want to sell it on eBay purely for the fact it would be a nightmare trying to explain the whole booting process and CFW. This massively closes the available markets to me, the same problem also applies to Facebook Marketplace and Gumtree to a certain degree of explaining the whole thing haha.... I knew this day would come but always thought people would be wanting these badly.
your worried but that?
that is not that hard, , the more relevant reason to not sell on ebay is that after all is said and done they'll take like 27% now

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll level with you, before I asked for help and opinions on here I had a solid £200 for the tablet in my mind and would sell it all boxed for £250 but I'm kind of unsure now.

I really don't want to sell it on eBay purely for the fact it would be a nightmare trying to explain the whole booting process and CFW. This massively closes the available markets to me, the same problem also applies to Facebook Marketplace and Gumtree to a certain degree of explaining the whole thing haha.... I knew this day would come but always thought people would be wanting these badly.
You're worried about that?
that is not that hard, , the more relevant reason to not sell on ebay is that after all is said and done they'll take like 27%
Ebay is a huge rip off now
though it might only be for items over a certain amount , that they take that much
I just remember that is what they wanted when I wanted to sell my 3080ti
maybe the cutoff is like $500 ,I forget

also I know someone with a v1 hardly used so much so that the battery is probably no good
but I was thinking of buying it and a trinket, and new battery, probably needs new joycon batteries too but I don't know
probably has been sitting with dead batteries over a year maybe 2
I was thinking of offering $30 or $40 for it
not sure which trinket I would need to buy though ,the 5v or the 3.3 v model
also are there any better boards for this mod now , I remember that the USB connector had to be disordered
forget why though, was it just so it would fit in the housing or was it because connections had to be soldered there?
is there aboard that has no USB port and one that you can just use the breakout pins , not sure why the M0 can't be used w/o removing the USB port ,doe sit not have breakout pins for all the USB pins? or is i simply because it makes it so the housing can't be closed

Last edited by weatMod,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're worried about that?
that is not that hard, , the more relevant reason to not sell on ebay is that after all is said and done they'll take like 27%
Ebay is a huge rip off now
though it might only be for items over a certain amount , that they take that much
I just remember that is what they wanted when I wanted to sell my 3080ti
maybe the cutoff is like $500 ,I forget

also I know someone with a v2 hardly used so much so that the battery is probably no good
but I was thinking of buying it and a trinket, and new battery, probably needs new joycon batteries too but I don't know
probably has been sitting with dead batteries over a year maybe 2
I was thinking of offering $30 or $40 for it
not sure which trinket I would need to buy though ,the 5v or the 3.3 v model
also are there any better boards for this mod now , I remember that the USB connector had to be disordered
forget why though, was it just so it would fit in the housing or was it because connections had to be soldered there?
is there aboard that has no USB port and one that you can just use the breakout pins , not sure why the M0 can't be used w/o removing the USB port ,doe sit not have breakout pins for all the USB pins? or is i simply because it makes it so the housing can't be closed
Removing the USB is just for space reasons.
Trinket won't work on a V2 tho surely?

Reactions: weatMod

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a V2 modded with a hwfly core for $300 that is unbanned. Don't even think it's sold yet so I'd say $300 max

oops sorry that was a typo , it is a V1 of course

so I need the 5v version correct, not the 3.3v?
and you are saying all connections can be made from the breakout pins and I don't have to solder to the tiny pads where USB port as removed from.
If I end up buying it I am going to try and find a local installer though ,in MA
I am just curious because I have use a MC coupon that is for $25 that expires and I was thinking
about grabbing a trinket for future use in case I decide to get that switch and repair it and get a hard mod for it (currently have a lite and v1, with with SXOS,want a 3rd machine for atmo)
and it's like $8 which is perfect because I want to get a roll of PLA and perfectly uses the coupon and I can't think of anything else to buy there

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oops sorry that was a typo , it is a V1 of course

so I need the 5v version correct, not the 3.3v?
and you are saying all connections can be made from the breakout pins and I don't have to solder to the tiny pads where USB port as removed from.
If I end up buying it I am going to try and find a local installer though ,in MA
I am just curious because I have use a MC coupon that is for $25 that expires and I was thinking
about grabbing a trinket for future use in case I decide to get that switch and repair it and get a hard mod for it (currently have a lite and v1, with with SXOS,want a 3rd machine for atmo)
and it's like $8 which is perfect because I want to get a roll of PLA and perfectly uses the coupon and I can't think of anything else to buy there
It has to be the Trinket M0, there's only one version of that AFAIK. Check mattytrog's thread for all connection info https://gbatemp.net/threads/interna...ybitsy-m0-express-guide-files-support.508068/

Reactions: peteruk and weatMod

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has to be the Trinket M0, there's only one version of that AFAIK. Check mattytrog's thread for all connection info https://gbatemp.net/threads/interna...ybitsy-m0-express-guide-files-support.508068/
yes you are right I was looking at the regular and the pro those come in 5v and 3.3
not sure what the M0 is 3v I think
the links in the OP of that thread (the other thread, th eonel linked with the software, the git is gone) all dead now though
I wonder if this mod could be done with a pi pico or the new pi tiny 2040
since the 2040 and it can run circuit python, but it has type C port on it but it looks smaller than the M0
I was just wondering if there was another board that has no USB, funny how the arduino has the pro mini
and it is bigger than the M0 and it's USB to serial it detached but on the trinket it's not
same for the tin 2040, you would think the objective of the trinket is to make the board as small as possible
I would have expected them to have made you use an FTDI USB to serial TTL/UART instead of including the programmer and USB port on the board itself , more inline with a pro mini if the objective was to make aboard for small projects
they are always coming up with new boards I am surprised nothing like that has been released yet, so the step of removing the USB and can be skipped
EDIT: ok NM I see you can order a SAMD chip from aliexpress , looks like they have changed the design a bit from the one in the thread, and I saw the other thread about the PICO as an injector , looks like not enough flash maybe for it to be used to injecting , there is a tiny 2040 but it has a USB on it and it is more $ , seems like the SAMD chip from aliexpress is the way to go

Last edited by weatMod,

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was searching for a Switch since long time ago here in Mexico. Being banned for me is no trouble since I don't play online, and I wanted a premodded/RCM-able console to avoid installing a modchip myself or paying tons of extra money for that.
We don't have similar market conditions and Switch prices are inflated through the skies here in Mexico for a V1 Switch in the used market, even more if you include accesories and shit: around $450 ~ $550 these days. I waited a long time and last week I bought one (not OG joycons, 128 GB SD card, no dock, charger included) for $175 with shipping; considering an external dock (I'm thinking Hyperkin N64 one, I've read good reviews) for around $40, that would be pretty cheap tbh for a RCM-able V1 Switch (maybe I'll buy the some original joycons in some future).

I would say that it depend your needs. Do you need the money? Sell it for around $350. If not? Sell it for more.
There will be people that will always pay any amount you propose, but for higher amounts the time you would have to wait for that people to reach you will be longer.

What I would pay for a Switch like yours? I would say around $350 USD, maybe even a little bit more.

tiger123

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Probably around 600-650 USD convert that to pounds so 450 to 490 Pounds, if you include SD card price might go up.
you sound like a scalper 650 usd for unpatched used switch ??? only desperate people might pay such amount i bought 3 units unpatched for 250 usd each also bought 4th for a friend for much cheaper 225 usd unpatched and trinket is nothing it only enables the easy access to cfw and jig becomes irrevelant that chip is 10 dollar its nlt something like a v2 and expensive hw fly being installed on that

Reactions: Mike_77712

tiger123

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Probably around 600-650 USD convert that to pounds so 450 to 490 Pounds, if you include SD card price might go up.
you sound like a scalper 650 usd for unpatched used switch ??? only desperate people might pay such amount i bought 3 units unpatched for 250 usd each also bought 4th for a friend for much cheaper 225 usd unpatched and trinket is nothing it only enables the easy access to cfw and jig becomes irrevelant that chip is 10 dollar its nlt something like a v2 and expensive hw fly being installed on that

Last edited by tiger123,

xtrem3x

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't forget that if you sell a modded console to somebody on Facebook or somebody you know you'll end up needing to provide lifetime product support. If something goes wrong 5 years down the line somehow it will be your fault and you'll need to fix it for them :teach:

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

even in screenshots u mentioned its loaded with 500 gb and 1 tb cards those cards themselves are expensive even in ebay a sane human can easily get the unpatched switch tablet only for under 250 dollars sometime much cheaper as well..u sold karukity 3nds for 2500 and giving lecture on over pricr aint this hypocricy bloody scalper??

That is just price in the market nowadays, we are talking about modchip unit not just unpatched unit. Beside the one I shown they weren't mine v1 trinket m0 switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo