What is the cheapest thing you got that should've been way more expensive?

D

Deleted User

Sony VAIO latop; worth about £500, got for £0.
2 other latops, worth about £300 total, got for £0
Dell Inspron 531: Got for £0, dont know RRP
And more computers! XD

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 Pokemon Diamond games + a Pokemon White + a bunch of computer mice + an old PCI modem card + a GBA gameshark for $0. Someone was throwing a box away and holy shit that was some of the best luck I had in a long time.

Oh, and a Gameshark Special edition for Pokemon Crystal for $6.99 at a local goodwill. Normally like $50-$70 on eBay.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My ps4. It cost me $100 because they thought it was broken. Turns out there tv just crapped the bed and stopped displaying the appropriate resolution....

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some dumbass at a garage sale sold me a pearl-white Game Boy Advance SP for 75¢ because "it was broken".

They literally just didn't know how to charge it. Minutes after I brought it home, I was playing Mario and Pokemon without a hitch.

It proceeded to last me almost 10 years. It was actually very recently that it decided to stop working properly. RIP.

sipvbqL.png

(audio still works though, so that's cool I guess)

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some dumbass at a garage sale sold me a pearl-white Game Boy Advance SP for 75¢ because "it was broken".

They literally just didn't know how to charge it. Minutes after I brought it home, I was playing Mario and Pokemon without a hitch.

It proceeded to last me almost 10 years. It was actually very recently that it decided to stop working properly. RIP.

sipvbqL.png

(audio still works though, so that's cool I guess)
Can't you just replace the screen?

Reactions: Deleted-379826

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't you just replace the screen?
I don't really care about it that much. Every platform ever can emulate it, and the only save file I cared about (my Pokémon Emerald replaythrough save, which wasn't even halfway through the game) died not too long before. So I just keep it as a remembrance of the past, I guess.

Edit: Also, I just asked my mom if she remembered when that happened, and she said that I remembered the price wrong. It wasn't 75¢, it was 25¢. So it's an even better value.

Last edited by PF2M,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I was able to score The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Collector's Edition), with the box and manual for 15$ at a Flee Market. It wasn't labelled and the guy who sold it to me was just covering for their friend, so I was able to get it for 15$ because he didn't know what he was selling.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didin't even notice how many you had :wtf:.
That's like what $500 USD in 3DS's? Damn.

I have one, and I bought it in 2011, for $300 at the time it was first released.
I got one at launch for £250 with Nintendogs too ;-; Sold that system a while back

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY