What is the cheapest thing you got that should've been way more expensive?

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all guys, please remember that I'm older than the average temper (~40), so don't mob me for my list. I've been collecting games since the 80s.
A friend of mine picked up a JVC X'Eye for me in a pawn shop for $12, sans box, but with controller and power supply.
I found a copy of Snatcher used at a semi-local games store for $10.
I got Keio Flying Squadron for about $20, and I managed to get the US release of Cotton on the TGX for about the same.
I paid somewhere are $30 for Syd Mead's Terraforming and Might and Magic III on the TGX as well.
I got Earthbound for around $20, new in box.
Same for Chrono Trigger (SNES version).
I got SNES Dracula X for around $10, and the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy for about $5.
I got Yuji Naka's Burning Rangers and Panzer Dragoon Saga at a clearance sale at Toys R Us for $20 a piece.
I got Radiant Silvergun for around $40.
And last but certainly not least, I rescued a Plumbers Don't Wear Ties from a bargin in (~$10) just because I was a horny teen at the time and I was curious. Total boner killer. (Until I found out what it's worth now)

There are probably a few more, but those are the ones that are standing out.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got one at launch for £250 with Nintendogs too ;-; Sold that system a while back

I have over $1600 worth of 3DS's. If anyone has a problem, its me.

Damn Daniel :wacko:.
Well maybe I shouldn't have spent $1k USD (It's probably not even 1k. More like $400ish. Can't really remember.) on PS Home DLC when I was 7 lol. Over a period of two years.

Estimating that amount I probably have about 200 - 600 DLC Items on that game. Which is just abnormally insane. I don't use it still. But I had a hell of a time talking to my friends back in the day lol.

Now a days I just save about a few dollars once in awhile, and then buy an old game I can enjoy. Tbh the newer games are becoming so over priced to the point where I can't enjoy them until they are on sale. And I'm talking $200 for a Wii U, $500 for a PS4, and Xbox 1 was about $300 price.

The games are good but the only thing that is good about them is the graphics. Not all are bad. But specificly games I can only play from up to a E - T+ Rating are, such as Mario Kart, Little Big Planet, Infamous, etc... Get tedious, even GTA 5 is the same thing on the PS4 just with graphics...

Alright sorry moving along now. Thought it was a little funny to talk about lol.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
4 Sega Saturn games, including Shining Force III and Saturn Bomberman, all for £1 :rofl:
I think the other 2 were just some old FIFA and NHL game, but it mattered not, as I promptly sold Shining Force on at ebay for nearly £50, and Bomberman eventually went for around £20...

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Heroes for 5 dollars years ago, around 2005. Also, Donkey Kong Country 2 (GBA) for $10.

I believe I played Donkey Kong Country (and this was a long time ago so I don't really remember.) in 2004 - 2005 on the DS, or a similar game for it.

It was extremely hard for me to the point where I could not play it. So :/. Anything else besides the name Donkey Kong Country I am avoiding. Unless it has been proved to be on a moderate diffculty.

Sonic Heros I will make sure to check out, thank you :D.

Watertoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just walking down the street a few minutes ago when I found a box labelled free with all three discs and the manual to the pc version of the Simpsons hit and run, $50 used on amazon.

Reactions: petethepug

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all guys, please remember that I'm older than the average temper (~40), so don't mob me for my list. I've been collecting games since the 80s.
A friend of mine picked up a JVC X'Eye for me in a pawn shop for $12, sans box, but with controller and power supply.
I found a copy of Snatcher used at a semi-local games store for $10.
I got Keio Flying Squadron for about $20, and I managed to get the US release of Cotton on the TGX for about the same.
I paid somewhere are $30 for Syd Mead's Terraforming and Might and Magic III on the TGX as well.
I got Earthbound for around $20, new in box.
Same for Chrono Trigger (SNES version).
I got SNES Dracula X for around $10, and the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy for about $5.
I got Yuji Naka's Burning Rangers and Panzer Dragoon Saga at a clearance sale at Toys R Us for $20 a piece.
I got Radiant Silvergun for around $40.
And last but certainly not least, I rescued a Plumbers Don't Wear Ties from a bargin in (~$10) just because I was a horny teen at the time and I was curious. Total boner killer. (Until I found out what it's worth now)

There are probably a few more, but those are the ones that are standing out.
earthbound for 20$!!!! now that's a score. is it just the regular box or the box that included the guide book?

I regret it but I remember selling my copy for 80$ (only the cartridge) that was maybe 8-9 years ago. I am still looking for another copy now but don't feel like spending 200$+( keeps increasing over the years) but if I have to I will this game is in my top 5 and worth every penny.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just walking down the street a few minutes ago when I found a box labelled free with all three discs and the manual to the pc version of the Simpsons hit and run, $50 used on amazon.

Well...
I found $5 USD fly out of no where.
Wait is that... Piracy?
Then if that's piracy is it stealing? Becuase I was in the Matrix while picking it up, running from bad ass people in glasses.

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
earthbound for 20$!!!! now that's a score. is it just the regular box or the box that included the guide book?

I regret it but I remember selling my copy for 80$ (only the cartridge) that was maybe 8-9 years ago. I am still looking for another copy now but don't feel like spending 200$+( keeps increasing over the years) but if I have to I will this game is in my top 5 and worth every penny.

It's quite literally this one. So with guide book? I didn't know they made another one. I hadn't looked at that thing in years. Looks like it's starting to get a bit of box rot going on. I'm getting ready to cover that thing in plastic wrap.

GsMUh7G.jpg

18Qf2wT.jpg

Reactions: [^Blark^]

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's quite literally this one. So with guide book? I didn't know they made another one. I hadn't looked at that thing in years. Looks like it's starting to get a bit of box rot going on. I'm getting ready to cover that thing in plastic wrap.

GsMUh7G.jpg

18Qf2wT.jpg
Thats awesome so you have the scratch and sniff cards inside too then I would imagine. in my opinion that's a gold mine. and I would do the same lol wrap it up and store away or put in a display case.

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats awesome so you have the scratch and sniff cards inside too then I would imagine. in my opinion that's a gold mine. and I would do the same lol wrap it up and store away or put in a display case.

Oh yeah, I bought it new from a Wal-Mart, so everything is still inside. I don't think I even took the hint book out of the box. At one point in time, several of the Wal-Marts in the area that had a ton of these for $20. They really sold poorly back in the day.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought four As-Is PS3 phats on Ebay for $60 and free shipping. Two of them work perfectly. He has a whole bunch. I messaged him asking if I can exclusively get the original 60GB models that have backwards compatibility. He said yeah.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a pair of matte black Technics SL-1200 MK2 in great shape for 50 bucks (for both) at a garage sale a few years back. I almost felt bad as they are easily 800 to 1000 each.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof