Hardware What does the Type of NAT means?

gundamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got type D in one of my encounters. And you CAN have type A even if it is wireless.

A is very easy to get if one has time to setup for it.

you either need to unlock ports for your switch after assigning it a static ip or put it in dmz.

dmz guarantees you to get the open NAT type.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A is very easy to get if one has time to setup for it.

you either need to unlock ports for your switch after assigning it a static ip or put it in dmz.

dmz guarantees you to get the open NAT type.
The issue I have with this is you cannot DMZ everything. Kind of annoying. But some consoles just always give you a moderate NAT. I know my Desktop PC gets an OPEN GOOD or GREEN NAT on games.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got type D in one of my encounters. And you CAN have type A even if it is wireless.

I have type A NAT on wireless at a friend's place. He is using a WNDR3400v1 stock FW with UPnP enabled. I wish Nintendo would clarify what each NAT type was so people would stop making up their own.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The issue I have with this is you cannot DMZ everything. Kind of annoying. But some consoles just always give you a moderate NAT. I know my Desktop PC gets an OPEN GOOD or GREEN NAT on games.

The reason you can't DMZ more than one thing is that it is designed for putting a firewall behind the router and not all of your devices.

If you have a PC with PfSense for example and you can't use it to replace your DSL modem since it has no modem, you can put the PfSense PC on the DSL modem's DMZ to make sure the modem does not interfere with the ports.

Reactions: Xabring

Xabring

OP
Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I have type A NAT on wireless at a friend's place. He is using a WNDR3400v1 stock FW with UPnP enabled. I wish Nintendo would clarify what each NAT type was so people would stop making up their own.
Ok, that means it varies from Both Hardware, Firmware and Firewall configurations, Great.
Since I use OpenWRT firmwares on almost everything, better git gud at dose fairewools.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, that means it varies from Both Hardware, Firmware and Firewall configurations, Great.
Since I use OpenWRT firmwares on almost everything, better git gud at dose fairewools.

I would recommend setting up a computer with PfSense and using that for a firewall. PfSense has some really nice options and a nice GUI as a bonus.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my switch can use the e-shop with my mobile phone 4g sharing. but it will not work playing mario kart 8 deluxe...
I hate the damn phone tethering restrictions..

doriandu45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Type A means you are using an ethernet connection
I have an ethernet connections, but I have NAT type B... Sometimes I have connections problems (but it's always when trying to find a game), but I think it's because of Nintendo's sh*** servers, but otherwise, I don't have any problems

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no official specification for "NAT types". It means whatever Nintendo decided it should mean, and they haven't revealed any information about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*