Hardware What do you do with your old PC hardware?

What do you do with your old pc hardware?

• Total voters

xephos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it comes time for an upgrade what do you guys do with your old hardware? Sell it? Trade it? Keep it? I acutally haven't done an upgrade on my PC, but I would try and keep whatever I can and sell the rest

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I recycle the heatsinks to use in JTAG/RGH'd 360's or on Retail old 360's.
Old fans also go in RGH/JTAG consoles.

Other then that I might recycle a cap or transistor or something similar if I get a PCB that has a busted part.

Rife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never know when you're gonna need an old part, whether for troubleshooting or temporary replacement or someone else might find it useful. I keep stuff until I know it's absolutely obsolete, but I prefer to give it away to someone who can use it.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
When getting new parts, unless they're replacing a faulty component the old part goes into my second system, and the part replaced in the second system gets moved into "spare parts" box.

Generally the spare parts eventually get used (usually to fix friends/family computers), but should the box fill up I may do a clear out of anything i have lots of (often ram sticks/heatsinks) and either sell them or give them away depending how much they're worth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto