• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

What do the Left and Right agree on?

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Left and Right.. sounds like which sport team do you support.

I don't align with either but both sides tend to have good ideas sometimes although because of the sides thing, they won't admit it.

Conservatives don't conserve anything and occasionally label someone "Leftist" when they don't like what he/she is saying. Liberals don't like what someone says so censor him/her.

They're more alike than they realize.
Be careful, it's easy to end up in a false ditchonomy there. Whilst horseshoe theory is somewhat true-ish in that both of the more extreme leaning mindsets edge towards authoritarianism and outright insanity, there's massive differences in peculiar for social issues and economic ones.

Truth be told, the scale of left vs right is a bit of a poor one anyways. The better option is an graph of authoritarianism vs libertarianism* on one axis and left vs right on the other.

*Although I'll also point out that there's plenty of issues with libertarianism.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually giving a serious answer now: Speaking as a Conservative (Libertarian in particular) we both agree that Incel ideology is a plague
Unfortunately, the_donald seems to embrace them.

Last edited by Ev1l0rd,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Left and Right.. sounds like which sport team do you support.

I don't align with either but both sides tend to have good ideas sometimes although because of the sides thing, they won't admit it.

Conservatives don't conserve anything and occasionally label someone "Leftist" when they don't like what he/she is saying. Liberals don't like what someone says so censor him/her.

They're more alike than they realize.

While many would be left wing types of some of the modern strains are not opposed to a bit of censorship (something of a stark contrast to many older approaches and goals) I do have to note the traditional right wing censorship of various things that they don't agree with is still out there doing things. I think it was another thread around here that I mentioned using the American Family Association's 1 million moms project as a guide for things to watch and see, and we did have the amusing bit the other month where some people got it into their heads to get Netflix to cancel the latest Amazon-BBC series ( https://www.radiotimes.com/news/on-...mens-amazon-promises-to-kill-stranger-things/ ), to say nothing of the latest go around on the matters of violence in games and films following the the latest demonstration of inability of some Americans to determine what is a firing range.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
While many would be left wing types of some of the modern strains are not opposed to a bit of censorship (something of a stark contrast to many older approaches and goals) I do have to note the traditional right wing censorship of various things that they don't agree with is still out there doing things. I think it was another thread around here that I mentioned using the American Family Association's 1 million moms project as a guide for things to watch and see, and we did have the amusing bit the other month where some people got it into their heads to get Netflix to cancel the latest Amazon-BBC series ( https://www.radiotimes.com/news/on-...mens-amazon-promises-to-kill-stranger-things/ ), to say nothing of the latest go around on the matters of violence in games and films following the the latest demonstration of inability of some Americans to determine what is a firing range.
Also, don't forget that movie that was cancelled because it made fun of Trump and he didn't like that. The name kinda shoots past me but there was a stink about it. Was by Sony I think?

ClappyBird

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They agree to hate each other instead of overthrowning their government who are the ones who want to divide the people to make civil war so they can bring laws to remove freedom whenever they want. They think the the government care about them, but they never learn.

IncredulousP

GBAtemp's Resident Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They agree to hate each other instead of overthrowning their government who are the ones who want to divide the people to make civil war so they can bring laws to remove freedom whenever they want. They think the the government care about them, but they never learn.
Nah one side definitely wants that more than the other.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo