Hacking What do I have to look for if I want to buy and hack/mod my ps3?

Nameless_Rook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I need help... I'm talking model, numbers, does it have to be new, which method is the best, which is less harmfull, just anything specific? What exact ps3 is best for the best non harmfull method of modding and where to get them. Is there a place where they sell modded ps3's? Only done ps2 softmod, but can learn anthing. But consider me a nooby at ps3 modding stuff now, please, light talk with me on this topic! :D btw, hi :D I prefer softmodding!! :D

Last edited by Nameless_Rook,

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Generally the model's number are the one you should be looking for.
1k: FAT.
2k, 2.5k, 3k: SLIM
4k: SuperSlim
All 1k, 2k are able for jailbreaking, and installing CFW.
For 2.5, some are able to install CFW, but you have to be careful some of these cannot be installed, you have to see the serial number first. IIRC the 10 and below are able to install CFW.
As for 3k, and 4k, the only option are using ODE.
I suggest you're searching for 2k and 2.5k, since they're the most reliable. and don't buy 1k, they're too old, and prone for YLOD and RSOD.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quote @Sonic Angel Knight , indeed im selling a Modded PS3, with the latest CFW Rebug, its on the Trde area, but you cant see it until you hit 100 post on the forum, if you got a paypal verified adress, we can make a deal, if you want photos and specs and whats included, just hit me with a PM! C:

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quote @Sonic Angel Knight , indeed im selling a Modded PS3, with the latest CFW Rebug, its on the Trde area, but you cant see it until you hit 100 post on the forum, if you got a paypal verified adress, we can make a deal, if you want photos and specs and whats included, just hit me with a PM! C:
It also says that on your profile page. :P

Also maybe you should explain to him more details, in pm. (cause maybe he can't send the pm, or doesn't know how yet):ninja:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.