What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Complete pokédex on my Pokemon Gold.
First time I ever did that. Only had complete pokedexes on RBY before.
Never been much of a completionist when it comes to pokemon games.
Well on to a complete pokedex for silver and crystal I guess.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm returning Yoshis Island 3DS today, that's an Accomplishment in itself for being a bad GAEM.

Lately I've been getting used games with the mass credit I have and have basically been playing them for the week I have until I can return them, and then I just return them for a different used gaem. Basically I'm renting from GameStop and only losing a couple dollars of my credit to tax money so it works for me.

I'll be picking up Donkey Kong Country Wii U today.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm returning Yoshis Island 3DS today, that's an Accomplishment in itself for being a bad GAEM.

Lately I've been getting used games with the mass credit I have and have basically been playing them for the week I have until I can return them, and then I just return them for a different used gaem. Basically I'm renting from GameStop and only losing a couple dollars of my credit to tax money so it works for me.

I'll be picking up Donkey Kong Country Wii U today.

So did you beat Yoshi's New Island? Or was it so bad that you gave up?

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
After seeing Madoka Magica last weekend I started playing Grief Syndrome regularly, pretty good beat'em up and hard. now I'm hopping that Madoka Magica Battle Pentagram for Vita get an english release, a guide or something to play it, looks awesome.
also picked up Gaige again in Borderlands 2, started TVHM and I'm rushing only doing story missions, that way when you finish you can pick side missions at level 50 and loot all those unique weapons ans items. I'll be looking for a Maggie, is the perfect companion for an anarchist mech, gotta stack that anarchy and then use that free Chuulain from the Zaford day(until I get a Florentine).

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So did you beat Yoshi's New Island? Or was it so bad that you gave up?
So bad I gave up. The difficulty curve is nonexistent, the levels feel like they're just pulled from the DS and SNES games and it's just a very bland experience. I was almost done with it too but I was just "I can't go on..."

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So bad I gave up. The difficulty curve is nonexistent, the levels feel like they're just pulled from the DS and SNES games and it's just a very bland experience. I was almost done with it too but I was just "I can't go on..."

Man, that sounds rough. :( I was really afraid of this early on after I got over the initial hype reaction from hearing of its existence, and it's a shame that it seems my fears were realized.

I really do want to at least try the game out much later when I can get it cheaper, but it's definitely not on my "must buy" list anymore.

In the meantime, I'll continue my current replay of the SNES original. :D

Reactions: chavosaur

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I beat Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA) with 200% map completion (and yes, I did get the best ending). Pretty good game, and while it definitely lacks the console-level of polish and content that Symphony of the Night has, I think I like it better than Symphony of the Night in a lot of ways.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just got the Ninja Asterisk on Bravely Default, 35 hours in-game ,the ninja had 80000 HP,it took me some time..;o;
the game Exceeded my expectations, it has been a long time since I Played a Turn-based RPG......

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been pouring time here or there into FFX, trying to at least beat the game I bought. Tonight, I successfully beat that terrible, horrible Chocobo Race with less than zero seconds and proceeded to make Tidus's celestial weapon. That means I now have every celestial weapon powered up completely except for one. The one leftover is Lulu's Onion Knight, as I tend to play the game while distracted making dodging 200 lightning bolts in a row downright impossible. I'll find an hour of solitude at some point though where I just feel like dodging lightning on the Thunder Plains, and I'll make that final celestial weapon.

As of now, I've gotten a lot more sphere levels with Tidus and Wakka (finished 2.5 paths each), so I figure I'll go after a certain multi-stage boss (after Zanarkand) one more time and see if I can win this go around without dying near the end of stage two.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Bought Danganronpa for PSVita and Dragonheart and Felix the Cat for Gameboy yesterday at our local used games store.
I'll start playing Danganronpa this afternoon.
Also started and finished Shadowgate Classic for GBC.
It's a port of a point and click game and I had a great time with it.
I had to relie quite heavily on a walkthrough though. Without it it's almost impossible to know what to do.

Reactions: chavosaur

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
My girlfriend and I beat three games today. :grog:
  • Halo 3 (360): We played and beat the last two missions on normal co-op, and had a blast. Now all that remains of our Halo series run is Reach (4 was the first one I played with her, and she loved it so much that we decided to play the rest together). Conveniently, my replacement copy of Reach (the one I picked up at Blockbuster a year ago was unreadable... I could've sworn I tested it as soon as I got home, but apparently not) arrived in the mail yesterday, so we can start playing tomorrow! And I already went to the trouble of customizing our Spartans. :lol:
  • Thomas Was Alone (PS3): This game was so interesting... It was definitely fun to play, and had some surprisingly charming narration and story to go along with it. It was frustrating and convoluted at times, but mostly it was really fun. I was a bit disappointed in the ending, though. I really hate it when story-heavy games end with a 2-second finale after finishing, offering no real closure whatsoever. :nayps3: We'll probably replace this game with another indie title, like Braid or FEZ.
  • Metroid Fusion (GBA): This is the game that I've beaten more than any other (I lost count at 20, and I think it's almost 30, now). I beat it for my girlfriend's enjoyment, and she really liked it. Tomorrow we start Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA), and this time we'll be playing together.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Finished Kisuke story on Muramasa Rebirth and now with the extra swords equipped replayed the last battle of Momohime to get the 2nd ending of her, interesting turn of events. now I must play the 2nd ending of Kisuke and clear every white barrier. I don't think I'm going to get platinum, Fury mode seems too difficult.
also finished Infamous Second Son, I was doing a good karma run, now is time to be bad :evil: *evil laugh*

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm messing around with gaming in linux lately.
-beat Duke Nukem 3D (again)
-ran through portal 1 (again)
-got Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 to run on linux with a nvidia card. Lemme tell you...those (proprietary) drivers ain't easy to install :-\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: These cotton candy grapes be pretty addictive