Hacking Question What are you LEAST excited for hacking-wise?

• Thread starter Deleted-394630
  • Start date
  • Views 8,290
  • Replies 89
  • Likes 3

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm least excited for the noob questions, the prying of info from people towards devs, an eventual CFW war, pretty much every negative aspect about the 3DS hacking scene, it's just going to make it to the Switch.
Jesus Christ mate, as soon as I saw this thread I was gonna say just that.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atleast this isnt a "can the switch play [insert improbable emulation here] post...

Least excited for the kids that post "hax for [insert firmware that patched exploits]?!?!?" Or "I want hax now!"... I dont want to see them....

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Atleast this isnt a "can the switch play [insert improbable emulation here] post...

Least excited for the kids that post "hax for [insert firmware that patched exploits]?!?!?" Or "I want hax now!"... I dont want to see them....
Hey by any chance do you think the Switch could emulate PS4 games?

Tsubakiandou

Mystery member
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Honestly Save modding to deflect any need for amiibos for locked in game content, not everyone is willing to shell out money for every zelda amiibo to get all the outfits and weapons.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am curious if say there was a Super Mario Odyssey leak, how crazy it would be. Banwave, someone mentioned that, oh boy it'd be crazy.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I am curious if say there was a Super Mario Odyssey leak, how crazy it would be. Banwave, someone mentioned that, oh boy it'd be crazy.
It got leaked... I'm playing it on an emulator on my Windows Macbook pro right now. It's pretty interesting because it's literally impossible to get a game over.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spending two days on a guide that should take two hours because I'm extremely slow, in multiple meanings of the word.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
- People expecting piracy as the norm and then being disappointed when the first homebrew release does not allow piracy. The same people who then rant online as if they've been robbed of something they're entitled to. Piracy will eventually happen, but it's wrong to expect that as the primary form of software distribution and then act entitled about it.

- Clickbaity YouTube video tutorials along the lines of "SWITCH HACKED - WHAT HAPPENED NEXT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND" that are 90% self-promotions and remaining 10% consisting of broken/inaccurate/outdated instructions that will inevitably result in people bricking their systems and then posting waves of complaints here.

- People who fail to read instructions properly, resulting in loss of data or hardware damage or being banned, then posting complaint threads despite being clearly warned that all of the above are possible risks when it comes to console modding.

Despite the negativity though, these points are far outweighed by the things I am excited about the possibility of homebrew:

- Original homebrew content. The Switch architecture is supposedly easier to work with than previous platforms, and this presents homebrew developers with a better opportunity to present their own work. Things like games, unofficial ports, emulation, utilities etc.

- Enhanced OS features. The Switch system itself is already very good, but there is demand for features that Nintendo either are taking too long to implement or flat-out have no interest in adding. Features like the ability to backup saves, taking uncompressed screenshots, screen recording, or even dual-booting Android.

Last edited by NekoMichi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.