What are the games made you cry more?

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shed some tears with Ace Combat 5, specially on Mission 27.
While it doesn't bring me to tears, I'll definitely agree that it's a powerful moment. Especially the beginning of 27, when your allies hum the song and Oka Nieba joins in still sends shivers down my back. I still remember my first time getting to that part, sleep deprived but determined to stay awake to look after the newborn kittens, and sitting there stunned, thinking to myself 'holy shit this brilliant'. It was an amazing end to an amazing game (I still consider it to be the best Ace Combat game).

Reactions: Autz
D

Deleted User

Walking dead season 1. Most of the game.
the end when he dies I was crying... it felt terribly wrong...
And also undertale
in the middle when I was in some restourant and saw all the enemies I spared and all the missing ones... and in the end when he told me whats exp and love... and also b4 the battle with the king which was such a great person...

Braig

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
iven the crisis core ending is really sad...
when Zack say: "Embrace your dreams, and... whatever happens, protect your honor... as SOLDIER!" it was epic
and when zack talk to claud on his deathbed...:(

Last edited by Braig,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't actually remember crying over a video game, but the following really, really made me sad (in a 'it's meant to be this way' kind of way):

Braid is the first one that comes to mind...

Call me a fool, but even though I understood the pictures and the whole 'there is a princess' thing was very, very wrong, I really didn't understood you were the antagonist up until the very last part where you're forced to see how the actual breakup with your girlfriend started.

And as mentioned: The walking dead, first season
I understood that the "you die at the end" was something that the whole series was somehow building toward, but it still made quite an impact

Limbo
Mostly the entire brutal atmosphere, though the part where you're so close to that girl picking flowers and that damn thought worm comes to steer you away

As far as walking simulators go, I have two I have to mention (both are much better than the classic 'Dear Esther', though it provokes some emotion as well):

-the beginner's guide: a...somewhat interactive story of a gamer telling the story of his idol game maker
The final, where he breaks down and it becomes clear that Coda sees him more as a stalker than an admirer

-the static speaks my name: a short (about ten minutes) and free steam game that's just...a disturbingly realistic view of someone in the bleakest end of a depression. It's brilliant in that it evokes emotion so quickly...but much more than than "hatred" or "postal", this game should be avoided by depressed people.
you basically perform a few simple tasks...and then commit suicide.

EDIT: almost forgot:
Spec ops: the line.
I gotta admit I've read so much on this game that the way the story spiraled out of control didn't surprise me. Nonetheless, it's a great ending...

Last edited by Taleweaver,

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
While it doesn't bring me to tears, I'll definitely agree that it's a powerful moment. Especially the beginning of 27, when your allies hum the song and Oka Nieba joins in still sends shivers down my back. I still remember my first time getting to that part, sleep deprived but determined to stay awake to look after the newborn kittens, and sitting there stunned, thinking to myself 'holy shit this brilliant'. It was an amazing end to an amazing game (I still consider it to be the best Ace Combat game).

Is impossible to see how a flying sim can has this much. I wonder why recent AC are not plot-intensive as the PS2 trilogy or AC3. Maybe i'm asking too much...

Other game that could be here is Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. And also the last chapter of MGS4, even if the whole travel was, well...

Last edited by Autz,

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
The World Ends With You, its one of the few games that let me dive into the carácter and feel how you progress as one with the protagonist.

Why is always someone cutting onions near me everytime i see Shiki's true face?

Reactions: Deleted-379826

Mr. Elementle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ending of professor layton and the unwound future made me lose any and all calm and cool demeanor, it's the only game that's ever made me actually start bawling

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phantasy Star 4 on Genesis

When Alys dies by Zio's spell, what made it more pronounced was the pictures of the entire funeral (remember this was back on Genesis) I still get a bit misty eyed when I play that part

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tetris

When you lined up the whole field so you can drop the long bar right in there and make your gameboy go "oooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!" but then the game decides to give you the the cubed block..... gets me everytime :'(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: