Results are only viewable after voting.

cdhoff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed it. I didn't have Autoboot SysNand enabled.

Thanks for pushing me out of the nest :) (If i have to clarify, Its called a sense of humor :))

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am glad you fixed this, but let me clear some things up to prevent future issues
I can tell its emunand because it freezes when i take the sd card out
Don't do this. It doesn't matter if sysNAND or emuNAND. Removing the SD while the system is running can corrupt the SD card and or the files on the SD card. If it's on an emuNAND, it can corrupt the entire emuNAND.
This is not a proper means of troubleshooting.
I can tell its emunand because it freezes when i take the sd card out

Also, I think I found a new discovery. There isnt a sysnand. Without the sd card or without arm9loaderhax.bin, it doesnt boot and does what is in the video.

God, i hate that reply delay.

I was trying to remove A9LH so i could reinstall it for the tutorial. I think I may have corrupted my whole sysNand.
Yes, without the SD card, it doesn't boot with A9LH. With A9LH, it simply boots to a black screen and shuts off when the "arm9loaderhax.bin" isn't present on the SD card. That is actually mentioned in every single guide.
Even my troubleshooting guide
http://gbatemp.net/threads/you-dont-need-to-remove-a9lh-the-guide-to-proper-troubleshooting.456683/
You can fix that by following another part of the Guide
https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh
Following this step allows you to boot without an SD card and or the arm9loaderhax.bin on the SD card.

Also, if you did mess up the sysNAND, DO NOT REMOVE A9LH! You would basically be removing the only way (besides a hardmod) to fix a sysNAND problem. You would brick the system by removing it when you need it most. If you don't know what you are doing, don't go shooting the dark. Do some research, ask the community, wait for answers. Just simply guessing and panicking is how you ended up here.

Last edited by The Catboy,

cdhoff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checkmate :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am glad you fixed this, but let me clear some things up to prevent future issues

Don't do this. It doesn't matter if sysNAND or emuNAND. Removing the SD while the system is running can corrupt the SD card and or the files on the SD card. If it's on an emuNAND, it can corrupt the entire emuNAND.
This is not a proper means of troubleshooting.

Yes, without the SD card, it doesn't boot with A9LH. With A9LH, it simply boots to a black screen and shuts off when the "arm9loaderhax.bin" isn't present on the SD card. That is actually mentioned in every single guide.
Even my troubleshooting guide
http://gbatemp.net/threads/you-dont-need-to-remove-a9lh-the-guide-to-proper-troubleshooting.456683/
You can fix that by following another part of the Guide
https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh
Following this step allows you to boot without an SD card and or the arm9loaderhax.bin on the SD card.

Also, if you did mess up the sysNAND, DO NOT REMOVE A9LH! You would basically be removing the only way (besides a hardmod) to fix a sysNAND problem. You would brick the system by removing it when you need it most. If you don't know what you are doing, don't go shooting the dark. Do some research, ask the community, wait for answers. Just simply guessing and panicking is how you ended up here.
Thank you for your great explanation.

Last edited by cdhoff,

cdhoff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isnt letting me configure the luma arm9loaderhax.bin inside of the ctr nand because I cant boot without the sd card, and I cant boot without the sd card because I dont have arm9loaderhax.bin configured

cdhoff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I fixed it. I ended up moving it into the Emunand CTR Nand. I used hourglass9 to inject fbi to sysnand, booted to sysnand, opened fbi, copied it, and then it worked! Thanks, everyone, for helping me.

Last edited by cdhoff,

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
If you have a9lh, then yes. It makes it harder to find a9lh and it saves space on the SD card.

It's saving up like 300kb of space in the SD card.......
It's better to have both, main arm9loaderhax.bin on SD, secondary on CTRnand in case SD port becomes busted.

DrPhant0m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's saving up like 300kb of space in the SD card.......
It's better to have both, main arm9loaderhax.bin on SD, secondary on CTRnand in case SD port becomes busted.
So… copy it, not move?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker