Homebrew We need a new YouTube for Wii U

Trophies
XP
anything like this for cbch users?

No. Anyways, I would recommend updating from CBHC because as of now it's horribly outdated when compared to other newer CFWs (eg: Tiramisu, and Aroma). Not to mention most everything will no longer offer active support for CBHC, so there's no point in staying with it either when Tiramisu or Aroma can do everything CBHC can do, and arguably better- as well as offering more up-to-date features.

Links:
Tiramisu Guide
Aroma Page

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Anyways, I would recommend updating from CBHC because as of now it's horribly outdated when compared to other newer CFWs (eg: Tiramisu, and Aroma). Not to mention most everything will no longer offer active support for CBHC, so there's no point in staying with it either when Tiramisu or Aroma can do everything CBHC can do, and arguably better- as well as offering more up-to-date features.

Links:
Tiramisu Guide
Aroma Page
Is it easy to change from cbhc to the newer aroma?.. Ive had cbhc for years.. Always did the job.. I actually set up our WIIU to a projector yesterday as we have very fast internet ( extremely hard to get in Louisiana).. Was playing Black ops 2 on the wiiu.. Also Splatoon still works online.. Had my 1st game. Wouldn't load with our last internet... Kids want YouTube back they have been using the wiiu browser but it is not the same as using the old app.... I was think about upgrading for pretendo... But they want $$ per month.. So I lost interest.. Still tho to get the YouTube app working again is tempting

Trophies
XP
Is it easy to change from cbhc to the newer aroma?.. Ive had cbhc for years.. Always did the job.. I actually set up our WIIU to a projector yesterday as we have very fast internet ( extremely hard to get in Louisiana).. Was playing Black ops 2 on the wiiu.. Also Splatoon still works online.. Had my 1st game. Wouldn't load with our last internet... Kids want YouTube back they have been using the wiiu browser but it is not the same as using the old app.... I was think about upgrading for pretendo... But they want $$ per month.. So I lost interest.. Still tho to get the YouTube app working again is tempting

Yeah it's relatively easy, you just have to go through the CBHC Uninstaller before installing it though since leaving CBHC on while installing the EnvironmentLoader will cause major problems. If you end up not liking it, you can always switch back to CBHC. Unfortunately the only way to get the YouTube app to work again would be to use Aroma. Also, I wouldn't worry about Pretendo right now since Nintendo stated that most online services will continue to work for the forseeable future, not to mention Pretendo is nowhere near ready to be used actively, hence the beta-development stage it's in.

Anyways, what I would suggest doing is installing Tiramisu first to familiarize yourself with the process, then after that you can add Aroma to the EnvironmentLoader and choose which one to load on boot.

(For clarification, Aroma can NOT run .ELF Homebrew Apps, as the only ones that will load with it are .RPX and .WUHB packages. But Tiramisu can run both .ELF and .RPX, but not .WUHB. By installing both Tiramisu and Aroma you can load whichever one you need for your uses at the time of booting.)

Tiramisu guide is here

Trophies
XP
A YouTube Vanced-like for Wii U would honestly be awesome. I love using it on my Android devices.

Excuse my ignorance since I happen to live under a rock- lmao. But would that be akin to something like Spicetify for Spotify? (Basically something that allows users to add plugins to manipulate app behavior [ex: adblocking, disabling auto-play, etc], as well as external CSS Theming)

Or is it like a clone that just has more features?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse my ignorance since I happen to live under a rock- lmao. But would that be akin to something like Spicetify for Spotify? (Basically something that allows users to add plugins to manipulate app behavior [ex: adblocking, disabling auto-play, etc], as well as external CSS Theming)

Or is it like a clone that just has more features?
Sounds like it.

Android also has xManager for Spotify, which is similar to YouTube Vanced. But I honestly just use YouTube Music moreso than Spotify.

Trophies
XP
Android also has xManager for Spotify, which is similar to YouTube Vanced. But I honestly just use YouTube Music moreso than Spotify.

Ah well, makes sense that I wouldn't know it then. I don't even own any mobile devices so literally anything from those scenes goes directly over my head. Thanks for clarifying though! 😁

Reactions: Marc_LFD

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it's relatively easy, you just have to go through the CBHC Uninstaller before installing it though since leaving CBHC on while installing the EnvironmentLoader will cause major problems. If you end up not liking it, you can always switch back to CBHC. Unfortunately the only way to get the YouTube app to work again would be to use Aroma. Also, I wouldn't worry about Pretendo right now since Nintendo stated that most online services will continue to work for the forseeable future, not to mention Pretendo is nowhere near ready to be used actively, hence the beta-development stage it's in.

Anyways, what I would suggest doing is installing Tiramisu first to familiarize yourself with the process, then after that you can add Aroma to the EnvironmentLoader and choose which one to load on boot.

(For clarification, Aroma can NOT run .ELF Homebrew Apps, as the only ones that will load with it are .RPX and .WUHB packages. But Tiramisu can run both .ELF and .RPX, but not .WUHB. By installing both Tiramisu and Aroma you can load whichever one you need for your uses at the time of booting.)

Tiramisu guide is here
So I need Both ! OK i will attempt this on the Weekend Fingers Crossed !! Hope its easy & i dont brick our WiiU !! i will try to find a YouTube Video to follow ... still have much love for my WiiU !

Reactions: Marc_LFD
Trophies
XP
So I need Both ! OK i will attempt this on the Weekend Fingers Crossed !! Hope its easy & i dont brick our WiiU !! i will try to find a YouTube Video to follow ... still have much love for my WiiU !

I would recommend not relying on YouTube guides as they get outdated quite quickly, and often can contain information that's just flat out wrong. Anyways, as long as you go through the CBHC UN-installer before attempting the installation, a brick will not happen.

Also you don't really need both, it's just something I'd recommend doing. :P Anyways, good luck!

Last edited by Deleted member 571007,
  • Haha
Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend not relying on YouTube guides as they get outdated quite quickly, and often can contain information that's just flat out wrong. Anyways, as long as you go through the CBHC installer before attempting the installation, a brick will not happen.

Also you don't really need both, it's just something I'd recommend doing. :P Anyways, good luck!
Ok i will report back

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you just want youtube. Why not just get a firestick, lite or 4k? They're pretty cheap anyway. Then you can side load it with youtube smart, it's just like normal youtube but comes with ad block etc.

MiniCrew11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh no! Anyway, what's this?

Not sure if it's just me, but that YouTube app isn't stable. You can't go 5 minutes into the app without crashing the system completely... it returns 'unable to contact youtube' and softlocks after you go back to the wii u menu. However that isnt even the patcher's fault, it's just bad app design. If there's a fix for that, great. But if not then oh well.
Post automatically merged:

If you just want youtube. Why not just get a firestick, lite or 4k? They're pretty cheap anyway. Then you can side load it with youtube smart, it's just like normal youtube but comes with ad block etc?
Some ppl like me are mentally unstable and want everything on the wii u 😁

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol