Hacking wbfs2fat.py

estkma

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
which game did you have? just to see if there was something strange with their TitleID6.
Would you have time to try again ? see if you have the same problem with these two games.

maybe the WBFS partition was bad, and doing it again by formatting to WBFS will work this time.
if it doesn't work and does the same error, maybe using WWT to analyze the partitions/device/games might be interesting.

do you remember which tool you used to format to WBFS, and which one to add the games?

Hello Cyan, in this HDD i just had ·Super Smash Bros Brawl.· and ·The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword· i guess that the WBFS partition was fine it didn't had problems or a strange behavior in the past. For lack of time I couldn't play with my wii since December, during that time I used windows and used Wii Backup Manager to format the HDD to WBFS as well as convert and pass the games. I'm already learning the potential of the Wimms ISO tools, it's the best actual option for Linux. If i have time, i will try again with an usb and report what happens.

Last edited by estkma,
Reactions: Cyan

WafflesBoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am on windows trying to convert my wbfs drive to fat. Im using version 0.9 of wbfs2fat. I am ignoring the xlink error "
ERROR: WBFS is corrupted: Blocks used multiple times (try "wwt help verify" to fix or use ignore-xlink to ignore)" because I have already used wwt to repair my drive.

The program gets up to the "Warning starting dangerous part" but then the command box says

"ERROR wbfs2fat: Exception caught Traceback (most recent call last):
File "x:\wbfs2fat\build\pyi.win32\wbfs2fat\out00-PYZ.pyz\wbfs2fat", line 262, in convert File "x:\wbfs2fat\build\pyi.win32\wbfs2fat\out00-PYZ.pyz\wbfs2fat", line 209, in write_relocate
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied"

then the program restores from backup
then it says "Conversion complete"

but its inaccessible

If you can help me out that be much appreciated!

AManOfThings123456789

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I saw this, thought "oh hey this could be helpful. I can put all games on my usb instead of just Wii games!" I downloaded it, used it and all was good until I tried to run a game. Yeah USBLoaderGX either gets stuck on a black screen or it gets stuck on the banner animation. I doubt it has to do with the loader because it was perfectly fine before using this.

3do3d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I keep getting "IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor" when I try to convert

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey I keep getting "IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor" whenever I try to convert, is there a known fix for this?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sorry, I don't have the correct answer, it's just assumptions.

maybe your file table is corrupted, it often happen if you ever used "WBFS manager" tool which mix clusters between games.
a cluster could be used for multiple game, rendering only one game working and the other corrupted.

I would suggest to first verify your drive with WWT (it's a command line tool).
https://wit.wiimm.de/wwt/
sorry you'll have to read and learn how it works. unless you find a quick tutorial for just what you want to do, because that tool can do a lot of things.
it'll analyze your drive and report all found errors, you can fix them (if possible), or you might have to delete bads and corrupted game (they are bad anyway! you can't launch them or complete them)

once all the errors are fixed you can do the conversion again.

Did you check this official guide first?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-convert-from-wbfs-to-fat32-or-ntfs.292391/

Last edited by Cyan,

Gustavo24104

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ERROR wbfs: Exception caught
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "x:\wbfs2fat\build\pyi.win32\wbfs2fat\out00-PYZ.pyz\wbfs", line 65, in analyse
File "x:\wbfs2fat\build\pyi.win32\wbfs2fat\out00-PYZ.pyz\wbfs", line 118, in __init__
WbfsError: ID6 invalid

I get this error when I try to use the program, any help?

Chewshabadoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to download this tool, but I get a 404 error trying to access it, can anyone point me towards a working link please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work