Hacking wbfs2fat.py

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YOU ARE A GOLDEN GOD !!!!

it took alittle while longer then 10 seconds.. and the programs wasn't responding for aminute so i was scared . But got..

Completed... AND its FAT32 !

bIG kisses!

onclefritz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, i want to convert my wbfs hdd in fat32 but it tells me "IOERROR 22: Invalid Argument" with the last wbfs2fat-0.9.0beta2. all of the others versions tell me"permission denied" even if i am the admin. or does someone knows how i can contact PsyBlade?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been a LONG time since I posted here or did anything with the Wii. I left the scene prior to FAT32 loader ability. I discovered my old hard drive (WBFS formatted) and read about loader advancements, which brought me to this thread. Great work on this....a job certainly well done. Worked perfectly in Linux and my old drive is FAT32 now, with games in place as they should be. Did I say GREAT JOB? :)

SaturnWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I just ran wbfs2fat 0.9.0 beta 2 (windows .exe) and it worked for the most part, however it made several backups that had special characters in them inaccessible now. So it looks like the app doesn't escape/replace all special/non standard characters.

The folders show up in Windows, but are clearly missing the "[ID6]" portion (I.e instead of "Game [ID6]" I only see "Game") and when I try to go into the folder it says the "Location is Not Available" both in Explorer and Command Prompt.

The kicker, I tried to restore the backup, but that doesn't work either!!! In the command window the program errors out saying a global variable "e" is not defined. I can post the exact error later.

I haven't written or manipulated anything on the drive since converting.

Any suggestion on what my options are to either;

1. Restore the backup
Or
2. Access the "inaccessible" files? I'm guessing that something with the special characters caused the folder descriptors to mess up.

Thanks!!

Bruno Martins

Trophies
XP
Country
I need help, i keep getting Permission Denied error when i try to convert my WBFS HDD, i already uses wwt to repair the hdd (found 420 block errors and repaired them), and i just don't know what to do anymore xD Please help

digr8one

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OMG ! I love youuuuu
I am new to all of this so I was so scared to loose all my games I have been putting on my HD all night yesterday plus some today. And man, was this simple or what? :D Worked GREAT. Very happy! Thanks!

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is the Windows .exe file? All I see is a download to the Python files.

It's in the archive in the "windows" folder.

Screenshot (8).png

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey thanks so much! Long ago I did my HDD with an wbfs partition and another one for other files, now I used WBFS2Fat , and I ended up with the 2 partitions, it's possible to make get them together without having to format and stuff?

HunterZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey thanks so much! Long ago I did my HDD with an wbfs partition and another one for other files, now I used WBFS2Fat , and I ended up with the 2 partitions, it's possible to make get them together without having to format and stuff?
I ended up with one partition for homebrew+emunand and another for wbfs files. I like it that way because it means that it's harder for homebrew to go nuts and wipe my wbfs files.

Reactions: Sliter

Tenzu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So did we ever definitively find out the cause/solution to the FAT drive not being readable on a Mac as was mentioned a few pages ago? I ran into this problem myself. Works fine on Windows and the Wii, but Mac won't see it as a FAT drive. Ended up having to format the drive regardless.

estkma

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi, i'm getting a problem when i run the python file it says that is a syntax error

File "./wbfs2fat.py", line 294
else: print self.status.tostr()
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this problem, thanks.

Last edited by estkma,

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, i'm getting a problem when i run the python file it says that is a syntax error

File "./wbfs2fat.py", line 294
else: print self.status.tostr()
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this problem, thanks.
Wrong Python version. Either you're running 3.x or 2.x so try to swap those versions by installing the other.

estkma

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thanks for the fast reply dude, in effect the problem was that the shell runs python 3 by default. I just ran it with python 2 and it apparently worked, but when i tried to convert the partition i got this output:

wbfs2fat 0.9.0beta2 2013-01-03
checking for WBFS
analysing WBFS
ERROR wbfs: Exception caught
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/diego/dot/wbfs2fat/python/wbfs.py", line 65, in analyse
game = Game(self.raw[self.sect_size+slot*self.slot_size:self.sect_size+(slot+1)*self.slot_size],self, dev)
File "/home/diego/dot/wbfs2fat/python/wbfs.py", line 118, in __init__
raise wbfs2fat.WbfsError("ID6 invalid")
WbfsError: ID6 invalid
creating FAT filesystem
creating Files
creating Backup of overlap
ready for conversion
Press Enter to continue or Control+C to cancel
WARNING: start of dangerous part
writing WBFS File Headers
relocating overlaping Blocks
writing FAT to Disk
checking FAT for Errors (It got stuck here)

I think that i just fucked up the partition lol; i'm not worried about the games (I just had 2 games in my HDD) but that error it's strange.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the fast reply dude, in effect the problem was that the shell runs python 3 by default. I just ran it with python 2 and it apparently worked, but when i tried to convert the partition i got this output:

wbfs2fat 0.9.0beta2 2013-01-03
checking for WBFS
analysing WBFS
ERROR wbfs: Exception caught
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/diego/dot/wbfs2fat/python/wbfs.py", line 65, in analyse
game = Game(self.raw[self.sect_size+slot*self.slot_size:self.sect_size+(slot+1)*self.slot_size],self, dev)
File "/home/diego/dot/wbfs2fat/python/wbfs.py", line 118, in __init__
raise wbfs2fat.WbfsError("ID6 invalid")
WbfsError: ID6 invalid
creating FAT filesystem
creating Files
creating Backup of overlap
ready for conversion
Press Enter to continue or Control+C to cancel
WARNING: start of dangerous part
writing WBFS File Headers
relocating overlaping Blocks
writing FAT to Disk
checking FAT for Errors (It got stuck here)

I think that i just fucked up the partition lol; i'm not worried about the games (I just had 2 games in my HDD) but that error it's strange.
That looks like the script ran into a bug or something, not your fault. The code has to be corrected then.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
which game did you have? just to see if there was something strange with their TitleID6.
Would you have time to try again ? see if you have the same problem with these two games.

maybe the WBFS partition was bad, and doing it again by formatting to WBFS will work this time.
if it doesn't work and does the same error, maybe using WWT to analyze the partitions/device/games might be interesting.

do you remember which tool you used to format to WBFS, and which one to add the games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1