Hacking WBFS Manager and Channel Creator 2.0!

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok... I re-designed a lot of the app from the ground up, so you should throw out your old version and Use this one.

I used most of the suggestions including allowing you to run the app even if a drive isn't installed so those who can't get it to detect your drive can at least use the channel maker (from an iso of course.)

WBFS Manager and Channel Creator 2.0

VC++ Dist Files

Enjoy!

NOTE:

Runtime Error 9 is caused by WBFS (cygwin) NOT MY APP!!! Complain to the guys that made WBFS!

Reactions: SaulFabre

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teddylourson said:
Still have runtime error 9 ... damned !!

Same here
frown.gif

Appreciate the effort though!

saelee84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HowardC said:
Ok... I re-designed a lot of the app from the ground up, so you should throw out your old version and Use this one.

I used most of the suggestions including allowing you to run the app even if a drive isn't installed so those who can't get it to detect your drive can at least use the channel maker (from an iso of course.)

WBFS Manager and Channel Creator 2.0

VC++ Dist Files

Enjoy!

NOTE:

Runtime Error 9 is caused by WBFS (cygwin) NOT MY APP!!! Complain to the guys that made WBFS!
Works just fine from make a channel from iso, thanks a lot HowardC
bow.gif

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi Howard. Good to see you back.
As all the other guys I also have the "Subscript out of range" Runtime error 9 when rolling that tool on vista.
everything works good on XP

As I can use the command line of wbfs.exe, I doubt that this got something to do with the error.
Hope you find a solution to make it work for all of us.

thanks so far.

Maybee you can also add an otion to create a channel from DVD ?

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
Hi Howard. Good to see you back.
As all the other guys I also have the "Subscript out of range" Runtime error 9 when rolling that tool on vista.
everything works good on XP

As I can use the command line of wbfs.exe, I doubt that this got something to do with the error.
Hope you find a solution to make it work for all of us.

thanks so far.

Maybee you can also add an option to create a channel from DVD ?

Not directly... but it's related. Did the wbfs I use see your drive? If it did THEN we've got another bug somewhere. I don't have access to a vista machine today so that will have to be tracked down later.

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where are you people putting all of these channels? I don't think I would have to worry about space if I wanted to make channels because I don't have like the entire released collection of Wii games. Where do people with over say 40-something games put the channels?

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I can't test this now because I'm on my Ubuntu machine...unless it works with Wine, but why not use the wbfs_win app? That seems to be much better than the wbfs you are using and detects everybody's drives.
I assume if the previous version didn't detect my drive this one won't either, right? But thanks a lot for making it so we can create channels from ISO's without the need for a USB drvie.

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kornychaos said:
I just don't get how wbfs works fine via the command line and with a few other gui apps.

There are at least 4 versions of the wbfs.exe that I know of, so you have to be more specific.
wink.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
BlackEnigma said:
Where are you people putting all of these channels? I don't think I would have to worry about space if I wanted to make channels because I don't have like the entire released collection of Wii games. Where do people with over say 40-something games put the channels?

With firmware 4.0 you could put them all on SD.

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami Kiba said:
I can't test this now because I'm on my Ubuntu machine...unless it works with Wine, but why not use the wbfs_win app? That seems to be much better than the wbfs you are using and detects everybody's drives.
I assume if the previous version didn't detect my drive this one won't either, right? But thanks a lot for making it so we can create channels from ISO's without the need for a USB drvie.

That's a valid question..... Some versions of wbfs seem to have trouble with extracting games to isos. From my testing the cygwin variants were the most reliable for this task so I just used it.

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
BlackEnigma said:

you just make channels out of the games you currently play or play more often, for example I'm definitely going to have a Brawl channels, Kororimpa and Gemetry Wars Galaxies since those are games I play all the time and have a channel for the games I currently play seriously in my case Deadly Creatures and Rune Factory.

I just have one question about this channel making stuff, I see there are PAL and NTSC Channels around, is that for the PAL and NTSC Games or is it for PAL and NTSC Wii systems? Because my games are a mess, some are PAL, others NTSC, some are NTSC but converted to PAL for god knows what reason and so on.

Also I often forget to run my games through brickblocker and I got nothing to block updates on my Wii, starfall doesn't block them because it seems to conflict with my WiiKey or something when it comes to that.
So, these channels we make, are they going to prompt for updates if the ISO's don't have those updates removed with Brickblocker?

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
Maybee you can also add an otion to create a channel from DVD ?
I would also love this, I have backup DVD's 'n I hate ripping them to a .iso just to get the opening.bnr file.
Also, I would use FTPii, except I have bad quality media that the Wii's laser won't read, only my DVD drive will.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay