Hacking WBFS Manager and Channel Creator 2.0!

Gangboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
App works perfectly when making channels out of a game ISO.
biggrin.gif
Only thing that is not working, is the build in WBFS for my Western Digital Essential 1TB. So I use WBFS_WIN for the adding, extracting and such.
smile.gif

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I give up. Where does WADManager 2.1 get installed to ? Can't find it anywhere under Programs ?

D'oh ... that would be because I had only run the setup.exe file (which installs the required dlls, etc) and not the WBFS installer
biggrin.gif

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
This thread is meant to be for HowardC's WBFS Manager and Channel Creator 2.0, but it seems to have been hijacked by AlexDP's WBFS Manager 2.0 or 2.1
It would be nice if the people who want to talk about AlexDP's app could take their discussion elsewhere rather than clogging up this thread with stuff not related to HowardC's app.

t0welie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
HowardC, nice app ! ;-Q

Made many Channels with it.

But for two Games "Monster Jam Urban Assault" & "Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party" both PAL, the Channels don´t work.
Monster Jam is only showed up as a "?" and I cant move the channel and Rayman dont even show up in channelmenu ;-(

Anyone got these two Channels for me ? ;-P

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of making a version that has a batch mode where you simply select a folder that contains your Wii ISO and it will make a channel of each of them.

Also, it would be nice if the Game ID did not default to U***. I would like to be able to select the starting letter myself.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
ccfman2004 said:
Any chance of making a version that has a batch mode where you simply select a folder that contains your Wii ISO and it will make a channel of each of them.

Also, it would be nice if the Game ID did not default to U***. I would like to be able to select the starting letter myself.
There are other programs that can easily change the ID of a wad.

I like the U*** format because it keeps it all neat and organised.
If you go around giving them whatever IDs you want then there's more chance of having a conflict with another channel and causing problems.
As far as I'm aware, U hasn't been used for anything else officially on the Wii.
Each system on VC has its own letter:
C for Commodore64
E for Neo Geo
F for NES/Famicom
J for SNES/Super Famicom
L for Master System
M for Mega Drive/Genesis
N for Nintendo 64
P for PC Engine/Turbografx (CD)

R is used for Wii games.
H is used for official channels

AlexDP

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
spiritofcat said:
This thread is meant to be for HowardC's WBFS Manager and Channel Creator 2.0, but it seems to have been hijacked by AlexDP's WBFS Manager 2.0 or 2.1
It would be nice if the people who want to talk about AlexDP's app could take their discussion elsewhere rather than clogging up this thread with stuff not related to HowardC's app.
Very sorry, didn't intend to hijack it, which is why I gave the link to the thread in my initial post. Great work on this app btw HowardC.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spiritofcat said:
I wondered this myself. Besides that, HowardC's app can actually read drives that were formatted in Linux with no drive letter while AlexDP's still depends on drive letters.

Hope HC keeps working on his.
smile.gif

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love this program HowardC. I only noticed one problem. I added Mario Tennis to the HD with this app. It worked fine for a while. Then when I went to start it again, I got a code dump (exeption error) and have to power down the Wii and reboot. If I try to extract the iso from the HD after that, it is corrupted. I extracted the iso and burned to a DVD and got the same code dump when trying to play it. I can re-add the game with a "new" iso of the game and it will be fine. Anyone else have this happen?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The only problem I have is in trying to make a channel for Taiko no Tatsujin Wii.

The Channel Name ends up as "Sample1" (translated into all the diff languages when looked at with wii tools) Whereas it should be TAIKO Wii (or maybe TAIKO: Wii, I'm not 100% sure).

I figure this is an error with reading the channel title, maybe due to some illegal characters.

myron0815

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to extract the opening.bnr directly from the wbfs disc?
not extracting the complete iso first... for only one small file
blink.gif

in libwbfs source i see a "wbfs_extract_file(wbfs_disc_t*d, char *path);" function...

And here on xp64, it doesnt work creating the wads; cant find WiiScrubber.dll although its there.

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if you could disable the msgbox that tells you that the game is already on the disk. I did a mass update to my hdd and instead of going through each game I dropped them all in there because I know the wbfs.exe will not add it if it does not exist. However, I did not know that your GUI would pop up with a msg box each time.

Anyhow, just a thought. Also can you rename the name of the game within the ISO or just the hard drive?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?