way to get screenshots in DS games on 3DS with CFW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmenfan2001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know i can get screenshots using the rosalina menu in luma, but since i'm playing a wild world cart with my 3DS, the select button won't bring up the rosalina menu even when i hit L+Down+Select, and instead just brings up the chat function :( and i can't pause to my home menu, because it's a DS game. do i have the wrong shortcut maybe? is it something i have to enable before i can actually use it?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i know i can get screenshots using the rosalina menu in luma, but since i'm playing a wild world cart with my 3DS, the select button won't bring up the rosalina menu even when i hit L+Down+Select, and instead just brings up the chat function :( and i can't pause to my home menu, because it's a DS game. do i have the wrong shortcut maybe? is it something i have to enable before i can actually use it?
No. its simply that the menu only works in the 3ds firm mode. Ds games launch into the twl firm mode which does not allow for the luma menu to work. there aint anyway around getting it to work, as they are both separate firms with separate coding.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
If you use nds-bootstrap you can take screenshots, though only of the 'main' screen. It's the same L + Down + SELECT button combo by default (though can be changed in TWiLight Menu++ settings) then just select Screenshot. It'll then be saved inside sd:/_nds/nds-bootstrap/screenshots.tar. See the FAQs I linked for more details.

To install it, see the TWiLight Menu++ or forwarder install guides.

xmenfan2001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use nds-bootstrap you can take screenshots, though only of the 'main' screen. It's the same L + Down + SELECT button combo by default (though can be changed in TWiLight Menu++ settings) then just select Screenshot. It'll then be saved inside sd:/_nds/nds-bootstrap/screenshots.tar. See the FAQs I linked for more details.

To install it, see the TWiLight Menu++ or forwarder install guides.
does this work if im using a physical cartridge too ? or only if im using the game through TM ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kjIXjGzImE