Hacking Wasted money on Cubic Ninja/Ninjhax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninjahax is for people that would like to mod [homebrew] but don't want to support piracy (gateway) as Smea has clearly made his stance on it known. So for some. it works.

I, for one can't wait to see if any homebrew is made that will use this
GW isn't just for piracy.
Why is everyone assuming Gateway has a solution for 9.0 firmware? One video is not proof. Several videos are not proof. Announcements are not proof.

Proof is a verified release. Gateway HAD to announce something. Otherwise, between Sky3DS and Ninjhaxx there would be no reason to buy a Gateway, and they'd just be another failed flashcart.
Are you being serious? They've never lied about an update before.

Luke Redgen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Until more 3DS specific homebrew is released, I find that my super card 2 is preferable, and once Gateway updates for new firmware, super card two and Gateway will be a combination that will probably result in me never using ninjhax again. However, hopefully more exciting homebrew is around the corner. Development has been somewhat disappointing. I wonder if Smea is disappointed by the slowness.

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm watching and waiting for Gateway's next release; it may be time to go ahead and get one then. Still, I'm glad I was able to pick up a couple CN's before the prices went crazy. Both my sons have 3ds's and my daughter has a 2ds, plus my 3dsxl, so it will be about $70 x 4= $280 to have Gateways for all, not something I can afford all at once. This way, the ninjahax will keep us entertained until we've all upgraded.

fallacy ! There are no games for NinjHax !

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GW isn't just for piracy.

Are you being serious? They've never lied about an update before.

Though people will primarily use it to enable piracy as it can load ROMs; just saying :P

Until more 3DS specific homebrew is released, I find that my super card 2 is preferable, and once Gateway updates for new firmware, super card two and Gateway will be a combination that will probably result in me never using ninjhax again. However, hopefully more exciting homebrew is around the corner. Development has been somewhat disappointing. I wonder if Smea is disappointed by the slowness.

Well, there are emulators that are being developed for Ninjax/GW which are far better than what any DS flashcard can do.

Reactions: Margen67

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, you're better off sporting a DS Flashcard than this exploit right now. It's pretty garbage...

The emulators aren't though, they're sure as hell shaping up to be better than they were on the DS. Snes especially, game actually run and have good sound already, something the DS could never do without major sacrifice. That, and I got my game for free, so.... I really hate it when people call others' work garbage, useless, etc. I think it's a pretty damnable attitude to have. Sorry, but to call Smea's work "garbage" or the exploit useless, that's just....BS.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't get this thread.

For what ninjhax is currently capable of giving to users, I'd say that anybody that spent over $5 on Cubic Ninja got royally boned. Those that spent anywhere in the neighborhood of $60 could have just bought a PSP instead and gotten substantially more homebrew functionality, or they could have bought a Gateway for substantially more 3DS functionality. With that in mind, yeah, Cubic Ninja and ninjhax as a whole probably isn't worth it for a whole lot of people. Gateway is certainly the better value for all its capable of. If you try to argue against that, well, all I can guess is that you're trying way too hard to avoid seeing the obvious.

Now, if you just want to run homebrew, cool. But realize, people looking to exploit their consoles already make up a very small minority of people that own any one console. Of that minority, the majority of the people contained within it are more interested in piracy than homebrew, and you know, that's their prerogative. You aren't a better person for not wanting to pirate, nor do you exude a sense of morality by trying to passively insult everybody who prefers piracy over homebrew. Just accept that you are in a minority within a minority of people, and enjoy your homebrew if that's your choice. People are allowed to think that Cubic Ninja alone is a pointless purchase, and that ninjhax on its own is relatively worthless because, right now, that view is entirely justified.

There's nothing against Smea. Gateway just found a way to provide homebrew and piracy, the best of both worlds, appealing to the most people possible.

Reactions: Phantom_User

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the ever-loving hell is going on in this thread?
OK guys my question is who the hell cares if cubic ninja is worth it? If you think its not you'll probably just go out and buy gw and those who do will use ninja hax. IMO as some who had used homebrew only on NDS (which had a crap ton more homebrew on it than 3ds will have for a long while) I think for me personally cubic ninja isn't worth it unless I couldaybe get it under ten bucks which with it now selling 40 bucks ain't going to happen

Reactions: the_randomizer

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get this thread.

For what ninjhax is currently capable of giving to users, I'd say that anybody that spent over $5 on Cubic Ninja got royally boned. Those that spent anywhere in the neighborhood of $60 could have just bought a PSP instead and gotten substantially more homebrew functionality, or they could have bought a Gateway for substantially more 3DS functionality. With that in mind, yeah, Cubic Ninja and ninjhax as a whole probably isn't worth it for a whole lot of people. Gateway is certainly the better value for all its capable of. If you try to argue against that, well, all I can guess is that you're trying way too hard to avoid seeing the obvious.
There's nothing against Smea. Gateway just found a way to provide homebrew and piracy, the best of both worlds, appealing to the most people possible.

perfect

Neath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why is everyone assuming Gateway has a solution for 9.0 firmware? One video is not proof. Several videos are not proof. Announcements are not proof.

Proof is a verified release. Gateway HAD to announce something. Otherwise, between Sky3DS and Ninjhaxx there would be no reason to buy a Gateway, and they'd just be another failed flashcart.

Literally cringed reading this. Allow me to get you the definition of proof

evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement.

That's like saying, Toyota announces their new 2016 Toyota Corolla with pictures and a video demo, but hey, it doesn't released to consumers yet so it doesn't exist. Announcements can be proof. They've made two announcements with one video proof.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Literally cringed reading this. Allow me to get you the definition of proof

That's like saying, Toyota announces their new 2016 Toyota Corolla with pictures and a video demo, but hey, it doesn't released to consumers yet so it doesn't exist. Announcements can be proof. They've made two announcements with one video proof.
My view is video isn't proof unless it has credibility which gw does have and they are telling the truth (I agree with you just not the def of proof) as many times you can fake video.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't get how this thread spawned six pages of replies. Ninjhax opened up doors to possibly allow for a homebrew scene to flourish on the Nintendo 3DS, and yet people bash smealum for not making it a piracy based solution, despite him saying publicly in interviews that he wants no part of the piracy scene. It's like, if I can't get my free games on it, then this solution sucks. If thats the case, the Gateway is hopefully going to come out with a solution soon. You've got two different items, for two different groups of people. Why does it need to be blown up into a piracy related war...?

Reactions: gamesquest1

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't get how this thread spawned six pages of replies. Ninjhax opened up doors to possibly allow for a homebrew scene to flourish on the Nintendo 3DS, and yet people bash smealum for not making it a piracy based solution, despite him saying publicly in interviews that he wants no part of the piracy scene. It's like, if I can't get my free games on it, then this solution sucks. If thats the case, the Gateway is hopefully going to come out with a solution soon. You've got two different items, for two different groups of people. Why does it need to be blown up into a piracy related war...?
Why did this get 6 pages? Cuz this is the internet where all kinds of dumb shit happens. :gun: :bortz:

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why did this get 6 pages? Cuz this is the internet where all kinds of dumb shit happens. :gun: :bortz:

So Taylor Swift is a member of GBAtemp? :O

(j/k)

Heh, you can say that again, topic's been so beaten to death I'm personally surprised it's still open. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work