ROM Hack [warning] I lost my Dragon Quest Builders 2 save...

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
I heard the switch port was bad and it even runs at constant 10 to 15fps at really large towns but I didn't know it can also screw up your saves.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my save is backed up in Nintendo cloud. better then nothing i suppose. I aint hacking my launch switch. thats what a banned one is for lol

RetroCharles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im currently on 2nd island with the mine i can give you my save if you want,
Gonna back up a save to now just to be safe,

Do you still happen to have that save file? Been looking for DQB2 save that isn't close to being completed or crazy stacked items.

T0RY

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
[QUOTE = "Cubuss, 게시물 : 8728304, 회원 : 429545"] 현재 광산과 함께 두 번째 섬에 있으며 원하는 경우 저에게 비용을 절약 할 수 있습니다.
안전을 위해 지금까지 저장을 백업하겠습니다. [/ QUOTE]
save please

Cubuss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you still happen to have that save file? Been looking for DQB2 save that isn't close to being completed or crazy stacked items.

[QUOTE = "Cubuss, 게시물 : 8728304, 회원 : 429545"] 현재 광산과 함께 두 번째 섬에 있으며 원하는 경우 저에게 비용을 절약 할 수 있습니다.
안전을 위해 지금까지 저장을 백업하겠습니다. [/ QUOTE]
save please

https://www32.zippyshare.com/v/5Sdg2JGI/file.html

I used checkpoint,

RetroCharles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used checkpoint,

Hello Cubuss, thank you for the save. I played it for a couple of hours but found myself lost in the game.

I know it's a lot to ask, so I'm fine if my request is declined. I seem to always have a problem when playing a fresh save for DQB2, because due to hacking my switch, it stops me from connecting to Nintendo Servers. So whenever I play DQB2 and I come to the mission where I am introduced to the Noticeboard, the game crashes cause I can't connect to the internet. Anyways, if you can create a save for me with the Character name "Charles" Male. And just bypass the noticeboard part. I would gladly appreciate it!

Sorry I would've Private messaged you, but I don't seem to have that option since im fairly new to GBA.

Thanks in advance!

Cubuss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello Cubuss, thank you for the save. I played it for a couple of hours but found myself lost in the game.

I know it's a lot to ask, so I'm fine if my request is declined. I seem to always have a problem when playing a fresh save for DQB2, because due to hacking my switch, it stops me from connecting to Nintendo Servers. So whenever I play DQB2 and I come to the mission where I am introduced to the Noticeboard, the game crashes cause I can't connect to the internet. Anyways, if you can create a save for me with the Character name "Charles" Male. And just bypass the noticeboard part. I would gladly appreciate it!

Sorry I would've Private messaged you, but I don't seem to have that option since im fairly new to GBA.

Thanks in advance!

That save file should already be past the noticeboard tutorial,
You should be at 2nd island,

Where are you at when you loaded the save file?

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thanks in advance!
I hacked my switch and played offline, and was able to proceed past the notice board quest without any issue.

RetroCharles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hacked my switch and played offline, and was able to proceed past the notice board quest without any issue.

Yeah, for some reason why I play and it goes to the noticeboard. Once I click it, an error pops up and the game crashes. Not sure why I am having that issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That save file should already be past the noticeboard tutorial,
You should be at 2nd island,

Where are you at when you loaded the save file?

I got it to work now! sorry, for some reason why i restored the file from checkpoint, it wasn't pulling up your data. I just had to redo the transferring

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
got save data corrupted today (after updating to version 1.7). goodbye 80hrs of gaming. when loading the existing save, the game was crashed with a notice 4033 or so and forced to close itself. Asked for checking data corruption and then boom got save data corrupted.
Atm 0.9.3|8.1

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
got save data corrupted today (after updating to version 1.7). goodbye 80hrs of gaming. when loading the existing save, the game was crashed with a notice 4033 or so and forced to close itself. Asked for checking data corruption and then boom got save data corrupted.
Atm 0.9.3|8.1
damn that sucks...they really messed up with the Switch version.

GabrielNegative

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
damn that's awful...i feel you since this is one of my worst nightmares. Currently 115 hours into the game and trying to finish the last few tablet targets. The story was an absolute chore and took me 70 hours to rush through and i would DEFINITELY NOT want to go through it again.

So I will back up my save and give it to you through checkpoint. Though i noticed how slow it takes (last time i backed up my save it took checkpoint 20 minutes and the resulting file is huge). Is this normal? Should I be giving you that whole file?

A pity that it is such a pain to back up save for this game when normally it takes less than a second, since this game really benefits from doing periodic back up.

edit: oh i forgot to mention that i have all DLCs installed and lots of builds also used DLC only recipes. So I don't think you can use my save if you don't have the DLCs purchased and installed.

Can i have your save file please? I deleted mine. And the horror of redoing the whole story is too much. Thanks!!!

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's a good idea to use Checkpoint to periodically backup all important save files. It's also a good idea to store those saves somewhere online, such as Google Drive.

imagine checkpoint had a cloud backup option

damn that's awful...i feel you since this is one of my worst nightmares. Currently 115 hours into the game and trying to finish the last few tablet targets. The story was an absolute chore and took me 70 hours to rush through and i would DEFINITELY NOT want to go through it again.

So I will back up my save and give it to you through checkpoint. Though i noticed how slow it takes (last time i backed up my save it took checkpoint 20 minutes and the resulting file is huge). Is this normal? Should I be giving you that whole file?

A pity that it is such a pain to back up save for this game when normally it takes less than a second, since this game really benefits from doing periodic back up.

edit: oh i forgot to mention that i have all DLCs installed and lots of builds also used DLC only recipes. So I don't think you can use my save if you don't have the DLCs purchased and installed.

it's normal. DQB2's base savefile is over 1gb in size. DQB1 only was like 800

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

fleetus

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hey @simsimsim, there are a few files in your download that have 0 file size - when i try to import your files to my save game, nothing happens as i assume the files with the actual save data in it are empty. any idea what i can do?

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey @simsimsim, there are a few files in your download that have 0 file size - when i try to import your files to my save game, nothing happens as i assume the files with the actual save data in it are empty. any idea what i can do?
hum sorry man, I haven't played this game since I uploaded the save. I really don't remember much and I haven't kept a copy of that save.
If I have to guess, maybe the backup wasn't done properly since it might have been too big for checkpoint to handle. Another guess would be that the game has been updated many times since, so it might not recognize an old save (not too likely though).

edit: i just re-read my post above, and the save was only 18 mb...that's definitely very wrong because I remember the save being big like 800mb. So I guess the upload messed things up/corrupted the files or it was only a partial upload. Unfortunately I don't have the save anymore since I moved on from the game :(

Last edited by simsimsim,
Reactions: fleetus

fleetus

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hum sorry man, I haven't played this game since I uploaded the save. I really don't remember much and I haven't kept a copy of that save.
If I have to guess, maybe the backup wasn't done properly since it might have been too big for checkpoint to handle. Another guess would be that the game has been updated many times since, so it might not recognize an old save (not too likely though).

edit: i just re-read my post above, and the save was only 18 mb...that's definitely very wrong because I remember the save being big like 800mb. So I guess the upload messed things up/corrupted the files or it was only a partial upload. Unfortunately I don't have the save anymore since I moved on from the game :(

no worries dude! thanks for replying anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o